Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mascotlee

Our Bee Hive

The side of the kitchen wall where our hob would be is not straight through all the way. Don't know why HDB design with a ledge in half way.

reno_036_zpsa389e286.jpg

So due to this problem, if I want the whole kitchen cabinet top (inculding the ledge in area) to be granite, its going to cost more. As we might have to order extra slab of granite just for the ledge in area so that the kitchen top look flushed.

But our id give it some thought and suggest to make a small raised platform behind the hob instead. This helped us save the cost of getting extra granite slab. Thumbs up for Nicholas.

20130126_101448_zps38d2367a.jpg

20130128_184419_zpsd033b9d1.jpg

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Yr ID is quite nice, can thing for you. Y find a right man.

Buy the Bro, May i know the aircon price you bought and the power of them..

Thks

Hi zxoliver, got the aircon for around 2.5k, total btu around 27000

Hi did you buy your techno hob from JB ? How much and do they deliver?. I also like your wash basin. can you tell how much it cost? Tks..

Hi did you buy your techno hob from JB ? How much and do they deliver?. I also like your wash basin. can you tell how much it cost? Tks..

Hi, I bought my techno hob in Singapore instead. Bought the hob and hood together around 1000plus. The wash basin was bought from IMM. Can't remember how much but don't think its over 200 bucks.

The side of the kitchen wall where our hob would be is not straight through all the way. Don't know why HDB design with a ledge in half way.

reno_036_zpsa389e286.jpg

So due to this problem, if I want the whole kitchen cabinet top (inculding the ledge in area) to be granite, its going to cost more. As we might have to order extra slab of granite just for the ledge in area so that the kitchen top look flushed.

But our id give it some thought and suggest to make a small raised platform behind the hob instead. This helped us save the cost of getting extra granite slab. Thumbs up for Nicholas.

20130126_101448_zps38d2367a.jpg

20130128_184419_zpsd033b9d1.jpg

Wow! Nice kitchen cabinets! :good:

Thanks for sharing your reno experience! My BTO is also in Yishun (ready 2014) so I'm looking around for ideas now. I didn't get flooring or doors from HDB either.

Didn't really have time to update on the reno. But here's a few pics of the done up kitchen.

Just simple and basic design.

db32f2ee-b1e0-4b44-ad2e-ac3a12f1c7fb_zps

298b1a65-10aa-40fe-92ef-3429384516b6_zps

IMG_2708a_zps8e386162.jpg

Really like the small raised platform behind the hob. Able to placed some decorations too.

Think the grass bear settle really well there.

Some photos update since Nov 2012

reno_004_zps8ec7c484.jpg

lighting plan sketches on the wall

reno_033_zpse530bdab.jpg

My service yard windows installed

reno_029_zps18663de4.jpg

reno_032_zpsd33eaba1.jpg

Some cabling works

reno_025_zpsa28ffb0b.jpg

False ceilings done after the cabling

Hi how much you pay for install the 3piece window at the service yard? Can have the contact.

Thanks in advance

On 1/21/2013 at 4:12 PM, mascotlee said:

After some searching we ended up choosing Nicholas from Renoguyz as his quotes quite suitable for our limited budget.

At first we didn't know he is a one man army and maybe that's way he can keep the cost down. Though one person, he does get things done and will sometimes bargain with supplier on the price of materials for the clients. He is also quite easy going and also he kept mentioning that he treats every project as his own home and will do it 'swee swee'. :good:

We're not in a rush to move in so reno progress is slow. Just hope that no major hiccup and the renovation will ends smoothly

Thank you for your review!