Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
purpleshaw

What Kind Of Information Do I Need To Provide For Builders To Make Quotation?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

What kind of information do I need to provide for builders to make re-construction quotation? i won't hire QS. Tks!

To be clear, are you doing an A&A or New Erection?

In general, unless you are very familiar with the construction process, I would say:

- Hire an architect, and have him surveyed the landed before signing the OTP. Let the architect deal with the builder.

- Hire a good ID, to run through the architect's drawings before submission.

Cheers!

To be clear, are you doing an A&A or New Erection?

In general, unless you are very familiar with the construction process, I would say:

- Hire an architect, and have him surveyed the landed before signing the OTP. Let the architect deal with the builder.

- Hire a good ID, to run through the architect's drawings before submission.

Cheers!

Hi, Lauer

Thank you for your advise. it's new erection work and in the plan subimission stage by architect now. I would like to ask 3 builders to quote. Just wondering what kind of information i need to provide to builders.

Or, anyone has other suggestions. Tks

There is no way a layman would be able to provide enough specs to the contractor to quote.

Normally, the architect and engineer will come out with the tender drawings, and the contractors will quote based on that.

I mean.. how wld layman know how much tonnes of steel required? How deep to pile?

Quote based on archi perspectives can yield very different results.

There is no way a layman would be able to provide enough specs to the contractor to quote.

Normally, the architect and engineer will come out with the tender drawings, and the contractors will quote based on that.

I mean.. how wld layman know how much tonnes of steel required? How deep to pile?

Quote based on archi perspectives can yield very different results.

thanks! i will discuss with my architect.