Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mmofrt

Studio 1961 - Help!

Does anyone have a contact and any advise on Studio 1961?

I ordered some wooden coat racks, mirrors and leather seats from Studio 1961 which were supposed to be delivered in the first week of November 2012.

I received the mirrors and racks (2 pieces at SGD 150.00 each) on 19 Nov 2012 however the racks were faulty with scratches and loose joints. I then emailed the sales person whom I was dealing with, Lit with my comments and feedback. She offered to have the racks picked up again and brought back to the factory and get back to me, which I agreed to.

Lit got back to me saying that she would have the racks repaired and would have them returned together with the leather seats I had ordered on 17 Dec 2012. The seats were delivered as agreed however the coat racks were left out.

The last I heard back from Lit was 18 Dec 2012. Since then I have been emailing and calling, but have been unable to get a response. After many calls, and leaving just as many messages I found out from the girl that answers their phone that Studio 1961 contracts her (or the company she works for) to take their calls and messages. It seems that no one from Studio 1961 goes to the office address that is registered online.

Does anyone have any advise on how to get in touch with them? These products were ordered for our office, and as you can imagine the bosses are not too happy about this :(

I don't understand why Lit could reply to all my emails up till the 18th of Dec. Has the company closed down? Can I go to the authorities with this or will this be a waste of time? It seems impossible to get hold of anyone from there. This has been a terrible experience. The quality of products were terrible and now I have to go through so much trouble just for SGD 300.00!

Any help or advise would be much appreciated.

Thank you!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I'm surprised to see this comment. I've recently ordered a set of furniture from studio 1961 and was served by Keith. Quality is not bad and it looks exactly the same as the pictures. I got a really good discount for a bundle of furniture. I had dropped an email to Keith and let him know what happen to you and hopefully he can help you with it.

All in all I've a good experience with them. I had even recommended them to my relatives. And they have good reviews for them as well.

Bought my Commercial Chairs and Tables for my Office from Studio 1961 and I cannot express how amazing it is!!!

1) Honest people who are not after commission
2) Amazing selection
3) Awesome and affordable prices
4) Delivery was impeccable!

Almost bought our entire collection of furniture from them that day, and it was delivered the next day !

I am having the worst experience EVER with this company.

Ordered my chair on 1 Feb 2013, it's 1 Jun now, and I still haven't got it.

I told them I am cancelling my order, and demanding my deposit back. Otherwise, I'm going to make a report to CASE and the police the first thing on Monday, 4 June.

Next day delivered??

Obviously u are someone from Studio 1961... :)

Bought my Commercial Chairs and Tables for my Office from Studio 1961 and I cannot express how amazing it is!!!

1) Honest people who are not after commission

2) Amazing selection

3) Awesome and affordable prices

4) Delivery was impeccable!

Almost bought our entire collection of furniture from them that day, and it was delivered the next day !

I am not sure why you said I am from studio 1961. I bought their clearance tables and office chairs and because they are clearance stocks, they deliver to me on cash on delivery the next day.

Not singing their praises but it a shocker to see such comments. All in all, it was a smooth transaction for me.

I think I am being scammed by Studio 1961. I should have done more research on this company before purchase. I bought a dressing table online end Jul and was informed that the table would deliver in 6- 8 weeks time. Finally, I was informed that my table has arrived last week. It was supposed to deliver last weekend but it didn't. I waited for an hour and sms the contact person, I think it is Lit. The person apologised and said the vechicle has broken down and has to re-schedule the delivery. When I asked when would that be, there was no response...

The customer service sucks. I think they should have informed me if they are unable to deliver and advice on the re- schedule date.

Anyway, I dropped Jill and Lit an email saying that I want a full refund.

Can anyone share with me about their experiences on demanding a refund?

hihi... i am sorry to hear this happen to you... i like to buy online and was researching... so far studio is in my black list because of many bad comments here in this forum...

always make contact with them first, and see what the delivery timeframe is. most plces online or not will always be a long wait. sometimes they buy only when they have a container to fill up.... so i think your case might be that also... not enough to fill up a container?

i think case can help you make sure they deliver to you eventually. but to refund... i think a bit hard... unless the stores has 100% full refund policy before delivery like JustEnjoyLife. i like them a lot because i glad with my experience with them and lucky also. if only ppl in furniture industry are more feet to ground.