Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
normanho23

Need Fire-Rated Main Door!

Took over the unit last week then realised that the original fire-rated main door from HDB has shrunk in size. Door cannot close properly and the lock also partially spoilt.

Any recommendations to get cheap fire-rated doors besides the usual players like Yontat? I dun need fanciful designs. Simple plain doors are good enough for me. Thanks in advance for the recommendations....

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

You might want to try Best Ind Door T:6472 3633

Took over the unit last week then realised that the original fire-rated main door from HDB has shrunk in size. Door cannot close properly and the lock also partially spoilt.

Any recommendations to get cheap fire-rated doors besides the usual players like Yontat? I dun need fanciful designs. Simple plain doors are good enough for me. Thanks in advance for the recommendations....

HDB or area office will not help to to replaced F.O.C ?

Another of "Pay And. Pay" ?

HDB's answer.

1. If you buy your house direct from HDB, HDB will rectify or replace the door at no charge.

2. If you buy your house from the resale market, you as the buyer will have to ensure that the seller rectify or replace the defect for you before you sign on the OTP and the resale agreement.

Their is no wrong in their answer coz we really did not check on the main door when we sign the papers. Sianz...

Don't blame everything to hdb. When buying, we have to check everything. After years, door that keep using might have wear and tear from sun and rain.

Don't blame everything to hdb. When buying, we have to check everything. After years, door that keep using might have wear and tear from sun and rain.

Yup... HDB admitted that the door might warp or shrink after yrs of usage since it is made of wood. They are definitely right to reject any liability in this case. It is my fault that I did not check the main door as I was to eager to get the unit. It was only after signing the papers then I realised that there are so many defects in the house that need to be rectified. Sigh...

You check and see anyone willing to sell their main door. Some going to replace main door but the old one still good condition. Mine was really good and my contractor says a waste to throw but no choice cos I wanted a new laminated door.

hmm.. must be fire-rated door? our current one is fire-rated but we are going to change a new door for a different design.. just wondering is there a need to find another fire-rated or can get any type of main door?

We got our fire-rated door from Kiung Nam Pte Ltd. 62424333

http://www.kiungnam.com/

They only sell bare door. Still need to find someone to paint/varnish, install lock set and install physical door. Too troublesome but their bare door price is pretty good. Thanks for the recommendation.

hmm.. must be fire-rated door? our current one is fire-rated but we are going to change a new door for a different design.. just wondering is there a need to find another fire-rated or can get any type of main door?

Based on HDB ruling, if your unit is the 1st unit to the lift lobby or the staircase, you will need to install fire-rated door. Cannot siam one or else next time you will have problem selling your flat.

Based on HDB ruling, if your unit is the 1st unit to the lift lobby or the staircase, you will need to install fire-rated door. Cannot siam one or else next time you will have problem selling your flat.

Do you know if they have an approved list of doors to choose? I saw the website that was given as a link in this thread, some nice doors. They have 1/2 hour, 1 hour and 2 hours. So, we "kiasu" go get 2 hours or just 1/2 is enough?

Thanks.