Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
normanho23

Need Fire-Rated Main Door!

The longer the fire can stand (e.g. 2 hours), the cost of the fire-rated door will cost more.

Averagely, a door that last an hour is good enough. In Singapore, the fire engine will arrive soon....unless you are living a super 'ulu' area which is not the case, right?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
On 1/24/2013 at 3:31 PM, normanho23 said:

Took over the unit last week then realised that the original fire-rated main door from HDB has shrunk in size. Door cannot close properly and the lock also partially spoilt.

Any recommendations to get cheap fire-rated doors besides the usual players like Yontat? I dun need fanciful designs. Simple plain doors are good enough for me. Thanks in advance for the recommendations....

I searched on the website for many wooden door suppliers that supply fire rated door. After looking at the HDB website, it seems that you need to apply for a HDB permit when you change your fire rated door if not you may incur a fine. So please do not buy fire rated door from the cheapest source. 

You can read the link before for the HDB rules and regulation

http://www.hdb.gov.sg/cs/infoweb/residential/living-in-an-hdb-flat/renovation/guidelines/building-works

In Singapore, usually wooden door suppliers do not have HDB permit hence they cannot apply for HDB permit as required by HDB. Wooden door supplier like yong fang and siong door told me HDB permit is not required. But HDB website clearly said HDB permit is required. Siong door has the cheapest fire rated door but it does not comes with a HDB permit. I did not want to take the risk as HDB website said you can incur up to $5000 if you do so. 

Finally, I found a HDB registered contractor who sold fire rated door that comes with HDB permit. They had their own factory at Singapore.

Ho Ho Engineering and Renovation Works

I got my laminated fire rated door from Ho Ho and it is installed already. Very good quality and I received the HDB permit as promised by Ho Ho in my mailbox about two weeks after installation.  Their staff exactly send me a soft copy of the HDB permit before the installation. Ho Ho provide a one-stop service, they supply the door together with the measurement and installation service. 

The lead time for the fire rated door is around 2 to 3 week for my case hence before make your buying decision early. 

I hope to remind my fellow homeowner and warn you not to buy from the cheapest source as you may encounter problem when you sell the door as HDB state that you will be required to reinstate the house in original condition if you do anything that is not approved by HDB. 

Ho Ho has a very informative website that tell you all about the HDB regulation on fire rated door. They reference to HDB website and when I call the HDB officer to check. Whatever they said it confirmed by the officer.

Here is the link to refer to before you buy your fire rated door. They have quite a wide range at different price point. I went to their showroom and factory at 51 Kaki Bukit Industrial Terrace. Their factory is not located in a convenient location but if you drive like me, it is fine.

When I went there on a Saturday, I saw a few group of customers there. One auntie actually complaint walking 15 mins from the nearest bus stop. So if you do not drive, you may want to take a taxi in. 

https://www.hohodoorsingapore.com/fire-rated-door-singapore