Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Today took a day off to check out some lighting & ikea. Went to Brilliant Source @ Joo Chiat and ate Fei Fei wanton mee there:

8642307007_ed68c5da0e_n.jpg

Fei Fei Wanton Mee by Makanology, on Flickr

True to what Bleucheeze told me, standard has dropped. But noodle texture & soup still ok. Mr E said this handmade noodle would go better to eat as soup wanton mee but siao! Eating soup noodles in the middle of the day is simply suicidal!

Their fried wantan is quite decent also; managed to capture a pix of the last one ;)

8643415436_c0c99e287c_n.jpg

Fei Fei fried wanton by Makanology, on Flickr

Edited by Makanology

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Today took a day off to check out some lighting & ikea. Went to Brilliant Source @ Joo Chiat and ate Fei Fei wanton mee there:

True to what Bleucheeze told me, standard has dropped. But noodle texture & soup still ok. Mr E said this handmade noodle would go better to eat as soup wanton mee but siao! Eating soup noodles in the middle of the day is simply suicidal!

Their fried wantan is quite decent also; managed to capture a pix of the last one ;)

, on Flickr

now i'm hungry. =(((

Have been kinda busy at work (company undergoing rebranding), preparation for our ROM and renovation. Wish I have more hours daily to do more!

Renovation is so tiring, physically & mentally! Initially we have wanted to go to JB to hunt for stuff so never managed to find the time at all. And our craftbricks are still at our cousin's place so will have to find time to bring them back bit by bit.

Another cousin who got really enthusiastic with our renovation bought us this:

8607791271_a9442e0d52_n.jpg

Bakelite switches by Makanology, on Flickr

Trouble is, they are made in china and we are skeptical if they will be sturdy. We have 20 pcs and will keep some for our own use.

Wa this is so sixties!

Tot will not have a chance to see it again!

Will you be having a open house?! Hehe wana see yr completed renov >.<

Hi MK,

Are you doing your house in the retro theme? :paint: looks like it. That switch brings me memories when I was a small small kid staying in my aunties shop house.

hmmm....wonder how your overall house would look like with all the stuff you got with the retro look. :dribble:

Have been kinda busy at work (company undergoing rebranding), preparation for our ROM and renovation. Wish I have more hours daily to do more!

Renovation is so tiring, physically & mentally! Initially we have wanted to go to JB to hunt for stuff so never managed to find the time at all. And our craftbricks are still at our cousin's place so will have to find time to bring them back bit by bit.

Trouble is, they are made in china and we are skeptical if they will be sturdy. We have 20 pcs and will keep some for our own use.

Wa this is so sixties!

Tot will not have a chance to see it again!

Will you be having a open house?! Hehe wana see yr completed renov >.<

We haven't even gotten our keys :( 11 more days to go and we are so ready to jump into action!

Hi MK,

Are you doing your house in the retro theme? :paint: looks like it. That switch brings me memories when I was a small small kid staying in my aunties shop house.

hmmm....wonder how your overall house would look like with all the stuff you got with the retro look. :dribble:

We are doing a mish mash of stuff, more going to eclecticism. There will be country 田园 style, local & ang moh retro and with a dash of modern. Colors for the house:

Living room - orange & red

Kitchen - red & green

Master bedroom - pink & green

Study room - green & yellow

Bathrooms - red & green

Whole house will have black & white & woody.

Jia lat! Like super colorful so don't know how it will turn out eventually!

now i know why you're called what u're called - Makanology. half this page is filled with food pics!

Hahahaha!!!

i havent got the chance (or make the time)to try the Power nasi lemak. is is convenient to get there by mrt?

so far for me leh.. i'm at pasir ris... =(

Edited by Z3phy

Hi Makanology,

I have the same switch as yours, intend to put it in my kitchen and living room!!!!

So u managed to find that mu something led light kit? I forgot the name :P

Which fei2 did you go to? There are two over there! I went to the one closer to brilliant. And did you try the rojak?

Haha we live to eat and I am super chan jui !

Boon Lay Power Nasi Lemak is at Boon Lay market / food centre and you need to take a feeder bus from Lakeside MRT Station. Why don't you try the one branch at Woodlands where jaykr tried at? Think nearer to your place!

Edited by Makanology

Haha we live to eat and I am super can jui !

Boon Lay Power Nasi Lemak is at Boon Lay market / food centre and you need to take a feeder bus from Lakeside MRT Station. Why don't you try the one branch at Woodlands as where jaykr tried at? Think nearer to your place!

I tried the woodlands one before, I think it's so so only. :P Talking about this now makes me hungry!

We are doing a mish mash of stuff, more going to eclecticism. There will be country 田园 style, local & ang moh retro and with a dash of modern. Colors for the house:

Living room - orange & red

Kitchen - red & green

Master bedroom - pink & green

Study room - green & yellow

Bathrooms - red & green

Whole house will have black & white & woody.

Jia lat! Like super colorful so don't know how it will turn out eventually!

rainbows!!! your house will be full of colors!!! :dancingqueen:

Hi Makanology,

I have the same switch as yours, intend to put it in my kitchen and living room!!!!

Where did you get yours from? Are yours made in china or uk? Some contractors are not quite willing to install these as they are not SISIR-checked?

Hihi, I'm a new member here. Been sliently reading since last month. I think I'm even more kiasu than anyone cos I haven't even get my house yet and I'm looking through renotalk already. Haha! I'm still waiting for the May 2013 BTO at JW. Right now staying with in laws also at JW, the place I'm applying at is just 1 bus stop away.

Anyway, the reason why I post my very first post here is because I saw you guys talking about BoonLay Power Nasi Lemak! I'm their regular customer. I eat their nasi lemak 3 times a week! They are the reason for my weight gain ): But I still love them! I cannot resist their chicken wings. Oh no, I think I will ask my hubby to dabao tonight for me again >.<! I just had them yesterday!