Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Hey, tofu is 10x10, match with 15x15 baba tiles, and an huat tiles is another dimensions is it? So the fancy tiles will interperse among tofu tiles? Sounds like tough mathematics to me. Hurhur.

Notice the black and white tile isn't in your selection. You not using it anymore?

Eh, btw your laminate wood grain doesn't run along the length of the laminate but across the width. I find this a bit weird leh. If it's the former, the laminate can help to elongate your space also.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Oh ya didn't notice the laminate grain... Maybe will get Alan to lay it the other way? Living room is those typical 3 room narrow types so if need to elongate, then need to focus on its width.

It is very hard to find a real solid black tile so we opted for the non-slip tiles shown above. From this angle, the 'black' looks more like very dark grey but it has a bit of shimmer so hard to capture the true color.

Oh ya didn't notice the laminate grain... Maybe will get Alan to lay it the other way? Living room is those typical 3 room narrow types so if need to elongate, then need to focus on its width.

It is very hard to find a real solid black tile so we opted for the non-slip tiles shown above. From this angle, the 'black' looks more like very dark grey but it has a bit of shimmer so hard to capture the true color.

Hmm, have you thought about how u want to lay the laminate? Say if you want to do it this way, it'll look weird cos the grain is running along its width. I don't really know how to explain, hope you get the drift :)

250213034014.jpg

Actually no leh :D but we don't have a preference. Choosing this because it is similar to the kitchen tile and also if we have a dog in future, the dog hair will not be that visible.

Hmmm.... so many different dimensions of tiles, wouldn't it be hard to align them well or is it possible to align?

Bathroom:
- Tofu wall tiles
- interspersed with 15x15 baba tiles from TB
- floral encaustic floor tiles from An Huat or Unlimited
8662405503_df19479c2b_n.jpg
Bathroom tile by Makanology, on Flickr

- bulk of non-slip floor tiles that will match the encaustic ones
8662221697_6f605ce3fa_n.jpg
Bathroom floor tile by Makanology, on Flickr

Hmmm.... so many different dimensions of tiles, wouldn't it be hard to align them well or is it possible to align?

Possible to align but not the usual ways. Have discussed with Alan few rounds.

I am guessing, this is going to need some attention to the tiling by the tiler. ;p

So, it would be good to go view their tiling as they do it to make sure it is done the way you are thinking of it and aligned the way you want it.

Possible to align but not the usual ways. Have discussed with Alan few rounds.

I am guessing, this is going to need some attention to the tiling by the tiler. ;p

So, it would be good to go view their tiling as they do it to make sure it is done the way you are thinking of it and aligned the way you want it.

Ya! Lucky Mr E works from home and he is responsible for all the random spot checks. Will also be printing samples of similar work to paste all over the place to remind tiler. And also hand drawings with Chinese text!

I like!!!! You made this yourself?

Ha my mum made it duno how many years ago... We are packing our things then i saw it then thought of u may like it! Ha

Its like a floor mat... Mum said the sewing underneath not beri nice.... But she told me if u wan she gave u as pressie :)

Edited by swaskie

Ha my mum made it duno how many years ago... We are packing our things then i saw it then thought of u may like it! Ha

Its like a floor mat... Mum said the sewing underneath not beri nice.... But she told me if u wan she gave u as pressie :)

Hey that is so nice of her and you! Does she still sew now? *greedy* looking for green or pink floor mats :D

Moms are wonderful, despite their constant nagging and scolding. Here's what my mom & I dug out at home just now:

8669286836_95b4a5d3d5_m.jpg

Hidden gems at Mom's by Makanology, on Flickr

Her only set of Pyrex (?) that she bought herself.

8669274984_fdc0a02c4c_m.jpg

Comes with matching teacups, saucers, milk jug, sugar bowl. Also dining plates in various sizes, ALL will be passed on to us :)

Grandmas are even better! My granny left this behind for us and now they are mine!

8668176993_82fbe20558_q.jpg

These are original Wedgewood salad plates (made in England) and 1940s! It is worth around AUD22 each on some websites now!

And this is even more classic, also from my granny:

8668180399_8fa6cfe291_q.jpg

Mr E hasn't seen those cups and I am pretty sure his jaw will drop! We now do not need to buy any dinnerware or cups or teapots for our place.

Edited by Makanology