Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

After 12 pages on RT, 3 months of wait & one DRAMA of the year with our sellers, finally ...8676653715_ec8434f133_q.jpgFinally! by Makanology, on Flickr

Congrates! The mission begins hiak hiak hiak

Oh ya the keys on the right are also vintage siah

Edited by swaskie

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Congrates! The mission begins hiak hiak hiak

Oh ya the keys on the right are also vintage siah

Haha didn't realized till you said it. Keeping that set of keys but for the rest of the doors & windows - all will be changed!

8537164778_d08edffb6a_t.jpg

Project Sofa! by Makanology, on Flickr

Remember this sofa that we will be using? Anyone has a cheap & good lorbang to make new cushions & covers? Don't intend to use the same cushions as they are 20+ years old & can't imagine the amount of dust + germs in them!

Edited by Makanology

8537164778_d08edffb6a_t.jpg

Project Sofa! by Makanology, on Flickr

Remember this sofa that we will be using? Anyone has a cheap & good lorbang to make new cushions & covers? Don't intend to use the same cushions as they are 20+ years old & can't imagine the amount of dust + germs in them!

try secondcharm

Just went for our flat inspection and spent some time scrutinizing the common bathroom of the flat that will soon be ours:

8675524994_24cc3af834_q.jpg

Flat inspection day by Makanology, on Flickr

2 VERY visible pipes in the common bathroom = super-duper freaking ugly!

To top it all, check out the 'crowning' glory of the middle pipe:

8675527638_616d25e57c_q.jpg

Flat inspection day by Makanology, on Flickr

This is indeed the MOTHER-of-all pipes! Now what are we supposed to do with this?

Congrats on getting your keys....

My MBR toilet also have two ugly pipes protruded at the side...

Try this for re upholstery. Havent use them though, bookmarked it fr some where for ref

Yong Huat Industries

(BLK 60 #01-09 Seng Poh Lane Singapore 160060

+65 62237659.

Opens Mon-Sat 1030am-7pm.

Super sianz, just did actual site survey and measurements and realized our tiles are swollen. Have to hack the flooring in the living room and bedrooms cos they run huge risk of popping...more $ flying out!

Alan said the previous renovation was very shabbily done so nothing can be kept. So only can keep the main gate.

Edited by Makanology

Super sianz, just did actual site survey and measurements and realized our tiles are swollen. Have to hack the flooring in the living room and bedrooms cos they run huge risk of popping...more $ flying out!

Alan said the previous renovation was very shabbily done so nothing can be kept. So only can keep the main gate.

hack la! 破$$消灾 lor. Otherwise next time really pop up will cost u a lot of trouble & lagi more $$...

Edited by jus4fun

He said the same thing for mine, except that he advised me against plastering d walls to save costs since d walls look fine.

For me, he advised not to hack the marble flooring even thought got some cracks here and there. He advised me to grind and polish.

For the crack lines, I take it as one of the marble veins running through....;p

I didn't want to change the flooring too as the cost would certainly be huge for the size of my flat. :jawdrop:

This tile thing happened to me a few weeks ago. Felt like someone dropped a bombshell on me! My Reno costs went up by more than 10k bcos of the flooring. To save cost, you can do laminate. If you are using tiles, most important thing is to select tiles that you really like..then you won't feel so heart pain. Good luck!

Wah $10k extra! We are sticking to our original choice of laminate so it will be hacking of the living room + 2 bedrooms and then laminate. Alan commented that the previous contractor 偷工减料 and that's the floor now is super horrible. Only the toilet flooring is more sturdy but we are definitely hacking everything of the 3 bathrooms-my goodness it may be a breeding ground of 27 years of germs (yes our block is around 27-28 years old!)