Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Thanks all for the encouragement. What's outstanding are some rectifications that we are debating whether to get contractor to settle or we DIY ourselves. Also the major outstanding portion is UNPACKING! Sometime we are surprised at how much stuff we have bought / accumulated!

Here's a pix of our kitchen (the half that is quite packed. The other half is cmi yet LOL)

9198760729_f46ac904bc_n.jpg

Kitchen in a glance by Makanology, on Flickr

Love love your kitchen. Looks abit like those good ole amercian diners with the check floors and tablecloth. Yet at the same time, the ingenious use of the wood tiles on the walls lends an air of country style living. Berry good idea! The overall effect is terrific! So cosy. :D

Now I look at your windows, I wished I had chosen these type of square panel designs. Mine is too plain and normal. :(

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

nice la makan! so beautiful ur kitchen! :wub:

and lol, we got the same foldable drying rack :P

Thanks thanks :)

@ edd, are you going to use bamboo poles to dry your clothes? We wanted to but now can't fix the holders onto the ceiling cos kitchen is too narrow! So depending a lot on the ikea foldable drying racks!

lol, no, bamboo poles are so ugly and old school :bleah:

untill we got kids and needs more drying space, i'm gonna use the foldable drying rack and the drying rack stand from ikea :P:sport-smiley-018:

can move the stand to the corridor to dry the clothes :rolleyes:

Yeah the alphabets are 'vintage port', 'ghey' (no idea what this means) and 4 digits '1795'. Wahahaha, can go buy 4D!

Thanks all for the encouragement. What's outstanding are some rectifications that we are debating whether to get contractor to settle or we DIY ourselves. Also the major outstanding portion is UNPACKING! Sometime we are surprised at how much stuff we have bought / accumulated!

Here's a pix of our kitchen (the half that is quite packed. The other half is cmi yet LOL)

Kitchen in a glance by Makanology, on Flickr

Wow, nice! The kitchen commensurate with the living rm so well - the entire fairy tale cottage theme! :good:

你们是不是童话故事里走出来的王子与公主(but more those who eloped from the palace & stay in the forest kind - so romantic!! - bcos obviously u two not staying in a palace mah)? Wahahaha! :notti::P

lol, no, bamboo poles are so ugly and old school :bleah:

untill we got kids and needs more drying space, i'm gonna use the foldable drying rack and the drying rack stand from ikea :P:sport-smiley-018:

can move the stand to the corridor to dry the clothes :rolleyes:

aiyo bro! u like tt say 得罪很多人leh! :no: heng i use aluminum - not bamboo - poles :bleah: wahahaha :lol:

9201693540_1ebb0eea68_n.jpg

Kitchen window by Makanology, on Flickr

Our kitchen window & hopefully we won't kill the plants :D

I really like what you did with the plants there! The use of the railings and holders from Ikea to hold the plant pots. This area goes very well with your comfy kitchen design. Nice! :)

Hang in there!

I know exactly the nightmare you are facing with horrible contractors. 2 years on and we're just about almost finishing the place doing most of the bits ourselves. We fired them with about 25% of the place unfinished. We have had to call in independent contractors to repair almost everything they did! Most frightening was the electricals cause when we tore down the horrible TV console they built in the master bedroom, we found that their electrician used masking tape to join wires!!

At least we're now almost finished!

hi missy, hows your flat so far? Manage to get the contractor to rectify the stuff? Hope you are enjoying your new home now :)

Hi June, still waiting for last rectification which will be our windows. Then a bit of DIY projects and tidying up of the study room which is Mr E's workspace and IMO, he doesn't seem to be making much progress there (oh he is so gonna kill me :D I'm also pestering him to take pix with the camera! If only my photography skills are better haiz...

Hi June, still waiting for last rectification which will be our windows. Then a bit of DIY projects and tidying up of the study room which is Mr E's workspace and IMO, he doesn't seem to be making much progress there (oh he is so gonna kill me :D I'm also pestering him to take pix with the camera! If only my photography skills are better haiz...

Good to hear that! You guys deserve a good break after all this is over. My fren is facing an even worse problem with her ID. Her handover has been delayed for many many weeks and despite her serious talk with him, things haven't picked up much and it's still uncertain when the handover will be.