Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Ah. I haven't start my baking journey. Shall share some tips (if i succeed )once I get our house organised. :D

- mrs merry

Edited by mrmerry

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

10221059583_0c9a9172db.jpgOur 'new' 1960s Singapore Telecoms rotary dial phone by Makanology, on Flickr

Our pink 'vintage' phone from TB broke down after 2 months and I haven't even cooked 'telephone-porridge' with it!

Invested in this 'new' 1960s Singapore Telecoms rotary dial phone. This baby is older than Mr E and I!!!

My parents had this green phone many years ago ! So nostalgic!

Oh yes she is our little girl :) in fact, we joined the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel Singapore club so that she can make more friends

10221960774_797c3b45b3.jpg

Leia's first CKCS outing by Makanology, on Flickr

Guess which is Leia?

wah tough question... my guess is the 2nd or 3rd from the left of the pic? though seems like the 2nd one more cos leia seems to be smaller in size from the pic u posted up...

You are very good! Yes Leia is the 2nd one from the left of the picture. She is the smallest in this group @ 6 months. But one of the greediest!

10221059583_0c9a9172db.jpg

Our 'new' 1960s Singapore Telecoms rotary dial phone by Makanology, on Flickr

Our pink 'vintage' phone from TB broke down after 2 months and I haven't even cooked 'telephone-porridge' with it!

Invested in this 'new' 1960s Singapore Telecoms rotary dial phone. This baby is older than Mr E and I!!!

Is this from wee's collection? I saw this item on his page sometime ago... Looks great!!!

Need help from all chefs, baking enthusiasts & new microwave owners! We have been trying to bake the most basic butter cake with our new microwave but nothing seems to work :(

We have ruined 3 cakes:

First attempt: we mistaken the rice flour as plain flour & ended with a butter kueh!

Second attempt: we overdosed on vanilla essence with ended with a bitter butter cake.

Third attempt: everything well almost perfect but the middle portion of the cake was not as well baked as the outside. Microwave couldn't circulate the heat well enough?

Our virgin attempts with the cookies were ok but we used the convention oven cos the microwave didn't seem to cut it. Halfway through, we switched the cookies to the convention oven.

Any tips and also butter cake reciepes suitable for microwave?

Circulating of heat shouldnt be an issue with convection oven...the problem with convection oven is the cakes don't brown as nice. If the middle isn't done...resist the urge to pull the cake out...test the middle...when a satay stick poked into the middle comes out crumb free, it is ready

Finally finally after 3 failed cakes, advice from Vanessa & colleagues, we baked a not too bad moist butter cake!

10401592594_2585f8e312.jpg

Our new baking toy! by Makanology, on Flickr

I prefer my butter cake to be dry but this is still a success! Can't wait to share with my colleagues tomorrow *beams*

This is achieved with this investment... Couldn't resist the color :D

10401609745_58fb287359.jpg

Ok it was a lame excuse to buy a Kitchenaid especially when we are such novices but it really matches so well with our kitchen!

We used our cheap yet good convention oven to bake this time:

10401777363_70251ac6cc.jpg

So guilty, the Kitchenaid costs about 4.5 times the price of the convention oven...

Edited by Makanology

Finally finally after 3 failed cakes, advice from Vanessa & colleagues, we baked a not too bad moist butter cake!

10401592594_2585f8e312.jpg

I prefer my butter cake to be dry but this is still a success! Can't wait to share with my colleagues tomorrow *beams*

This is achieved with this investment... Couldn't resist the color :D

10401609745_58fb287359.jpg

Ok it was a lame excuse to buy a Kitchenaid especially when we are such novices but it really matches so well with our kitchen!

We used our cheap yet good convention oven to bake this time:

10401777363_70251ac6cc.jpg

So guilty, the Kitchenaid costs about 4.5 times the price of the convention oven...

well done!! looks so good...i want a slice!