Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Hi simplehuman, yes it is a pain to be staying in a work-in-progress month. We experienced that for 1.5 months until we compromised on some minor rectifications. Just got too tired with the cleaning up! Hope you can solve your window leakage problem soon!

• Like 1

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

i went back to check mine yesterday and notice this as well. not sure this is "normal market practice" or just pure "eat snake"... sigh.

btw i am using Dorothy though, not Alan. hmmm... the longer we stay there, the more shabby jobs we find out...

Hi vw7983, I have a feeling this is a 'normal market practice' :( did you try asking Dorothy to rectify?

For inthechouse:

Here are the pictures of our Legrand. Actually we used a mix of Legrand and other brands. So our sockets & switches are of a rojak theme!

11751385365_24d9a85ce6.jpg

3-pin socket & telephone port point by Makanology, on Flickr

11751477305_d17744e2f4.jpg

Bedroom side table switches by Makanology, on Flickr

11751827664_bca6322d86.jpg

Industrial switches for kitchen by Makanology, on Flickr

For inthechouse:

Here are the pictures of our Legrand. Actually we used a mix of Legrand and other brands. So our sockets & switches are of a rojak theme!

11751385365_24d9a85ce6.jpg

3-pin socket & telephone port point by Makanology, on Flickr

11751477305_d17744e2f4.jpg

Bedroom side table switches by Makanology, on Flickr

11751827664_bca6322d86.jpg

Industrial switches for kitchen by Makanology, on Flickr

Thanks! I get what you mean about the switch being out of reach after using an adapter.

Omg... while still tinking of how to solve my leaking window, just discovered my shower tap's connection to the water pipe is also leaking!! Worst still, the water is running off against the wall, we have no idea how much water is flowing and for how long already... it is not easily noticeable.... super super sian....

一波未平,一波又起。。。

Hi simplehuman, sorry to hear that. Is your connection concealed in the wall? Best to get a plumber to take a look. Perhaps it would be good to get Alan to rectify both the window and tap leakage properly...

Edited by Makanology

i will be having my plumbing done by alan's workers this week. will make sure I pay extra attention to the connections ... mind sharing any other stuff to look out for? I must admit i'm getting worried and maybe paranoid about his quality. sigh ...

Hi jayque, basically it would be good to go down regularly to monitor the progress. That everything is done according to what you have requested for. Take pictures and whatsapp Alan if there is anything that may seem odd. And talk to the sub-cons to get a better understanding.

Is your electrical works done yet? Good to keep an eye on this. There are small things here and there to keep watch so it boils down to the details. Good luck :)

i went back to check mine yesterday and notice this as well. not sure this is "normal market practice" or just pure "eat snake"... sigh.

btw i am using Dorothy though, not Alan. hmmm... the longer we stay there, the more shabby jobs we find out...

Wow, thanks for pointing this out. Will try to remember to check this as well.

i will be having my plumbing done by alan's workers this week. will make sure I pay extra attention to the connections ... mind sharing any other stuff to look out for? I must admit i'm getting worried and maybe paranoid about his quality. sigh ...

Hi jayque, our plumbing was done yesterday. The workers stayed beyond 7pm, not sure why. I had insisted with Alan last week that I meet and discuss with the plumber PRIOR to their commencement. The plumber then asked that I drop by to check everything before they leave. Not that I am an expert at plumbing (or any other reno matters) but I guess my presence helped with ensuring what to place where, at what height, at which spot, and how to patch the holes (white plaster or grey cement). Everything was communicated directly to the plumber, leaving Alan out of the picture.

Won't know about their workmanship till I test out the taps and showers later on. Fingers crossed.

Hi jayque, basically it would be good to go down regularly to monitor the progress. That everything is done according to what you have requested for. Take pictures and whatsapp Alan if there is anything that may seem odd. And talk to the sub-cons to get a better understanding.

Is your electrical works done yet? Good to keep an eye on this. There are small things here and there to keep watch so it boils down to the details. Good luck :)

Hi Makan, our electrical works will commence soon. Any advice?

Haiz... Just to share what happened....

I was actually at my house on the day they did the plumbling and some other works... it was the last day before they close shop for CNY and I believe they were in a rush to finish all outstanding works... I was standing around in my living room and I saw one worker clearing 'rubbish', but what was in his hands was a box containing my new purchases! I got a shock and ask for the worker to hand over the box to me. To my astonishment, there was really lots and lots of rubbish covering my set of new spotlights costing more than $300, taps and drain covers that I bought from taobao and spare parts for my Grohe taps and he actually ask the worker to throw all these away!! I was so angry (my blood is boiling as I type this)!!!!! When I confronted him, he still dare to argue back saying that I 'anyhow' leave my box lying around when in fact I had left it in a corner of my utility room!

As my Grohe tap connectors are also in the box that he wanted to throw away, I asked why didn't he use it and guess what. He said that he has already installed a china-made one for me already!! That connector was embedded in the concrete wall and there was no way to replace unless I hack that part away which would be massive work! I was really boiling!! My Grohe connector was made of brass and of a superior quality compared to the cheapskate steel connector that he installed! True enough, it was not compatible and 1-2 days later, it started leaking.. It was CNY period and Alan couldn't get anyone to come down.. He told us his workers only start work a few days later!! My tap dripped on for the next one week before someone came down to fix! The workers whom came to fix the leakage also can't change the connector but to add more tape and sand off part of my tap and connector to make it fit better. My heart broke as I saw what they did to my brand new Grohe shower set. :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

and now its dripping again!!!!!!!

Edited by simplehuman

As my Grohe tap connectors are also in the box that he wanted to throw away, I asked why didn't he use it and guess what. He said that he has already installed a china-made one for me already!! That connector was embedded in the concrete wall and there was no way to replace unless I hack that part away which would be massive work! I was really boiling!! My Grohe connector was made of brass and of a superior quality compared to the cheapskate steel connector that he installed! True enough, it was not compatible and 1-2 days later, it started leaking.. It was CNY period and Alan couldn't get anyone to come down.. He told us his workers only start work a few days later!! My tap dripped on for the next one week before someone came down to fix! The workers whom came to fix the leakage also can't change the connector but to add more tape and sand off part of my tap and connector to make it fit better. My heart broke as I saw what they did to my brand new Grohe shower set. :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

and now its dripping again!!!!!!!

I guess you can just inform Alan of this situation, explain to him the unsatisfactory.Request him to hack out the connector, purchase a new tap as replacement.

The cost shall be absorb by him and let him deal with his contractors then. For myself, I will not accept a sand off brand new chrome item. :no:

which plumbing team was that? from what i've seen, i know there were 2 batches - banglas & the malaysians. the malaysians did a way better job. i was quite disappointed with the earlier who did a not-so-decent job with my heater & the pipe behind the washing machine.