Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Hi! I'm in the midst of reading through ur Tblog, wondering if it's still active. But I'll try my luck anyway!

For ur bedroom, are those wooden beam false ceilings? It look so pretty!

Also, how is the whole thing done? Like is it a major false ceiling?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

hi my neighbours makan and Mr E,

it's been a long time since i visited the forum again, and it's still interesting to follow your blog(be it the tabao hoots or the frustrations you faced), took me a while to read thru from where i stopped! cute blue paws there i must say!

i hope you had much of the reno problems solved by now and loving the neighbourhood. i must say this is really a nice area to live in.

Hi fellow neighbour Edd and wifey, how are you guys? Yes solved some post-renovation problems along the way and now we have 2 problems still haha! One with our retro switches bought online from Australia and one with the inferior door knobs from our contractor. Have to spend $$ to change them!

Anyways, loving the neighborhood and the wanton mee stall at your block! Alas the fish ball noodles stall's standard has dropped :(

Edited by Makanology

Hi 11finger, we also love our ceiling beams a lot. They are made from gypsum board and painted to create the effect. As you can see, we run the wires for the downlights inside each beam.

Was wondering if you could take a picture of your stairs from outside as I am having troubles what to do with mine.

Thanks in advance

Hi fellow neighbour Edd and wifey, how are you guys? Yes solved some post-renovation problems along the way and now we have 2 problems still haha! One with our retro switches bought online from Australia and one with the inferior door knobs from our contractor. Have to spend $$ to change them!

Anyways, loving the neighborhood and the wanton mee stall at your block! Alas the fish ball noodles stall's standard has dropped :(

we are fine, thank you.

hahaha, you think so too? so i'm not the one feeling their standard had dipped recently!

the dim sum @323 is not bad too, love their char siew bao! and our recent fave place is the ice cream shop @347!

i also learnt that the teochew porridge had moved to the older coffee shop further down(nearer to the MRT) and they had changed their boss, the current one @347 is a relatively new setup. sources from a random forum on the net

good to see that your problems are much solved, lucky Mr E is a hands on guy unlike me!

Hi Songz, hope your renovation is going well! For our stairs, we used our kitchen and bathroom tiles:

8756234515_973b06e3ff.jpg

New stairs ;) by Makanology, on Flickr

Thank you very much for the picture.

At first I thought it is Vinyl/Laminate due to the wood grain, then i saw that you use your kitchen & bathroom tiles.

My renovation just started 1 week plus & there are some small issues that pop out which should not be too big of a problem I guess as mostly will be able to work around it. (*But will cost some $$ of cause :jawdrop: )

Edited by Songz

Having some problems popping up during renovation is common so long not big ones which will cause more $ to fly out! Enjoy the journey... Nothing beats watching your house transforming into your dream home!

• Like 1

Hi makanology, Mr and Mrs E!

I've read through the entire thread! Very thankful for the insights I have gained and very heartening to see u guys have met fellow neighbours here!

I feel really sorry to hear about what you and the others have went through because of the contractor.. I can only imagine how much frustration and exasperation to get things done and going. Being a first time house owner and planning a Reno soon, I am really glad I took the time and read through ur Tblog! I have gain so much other information and helpful tips along the way. I hope in time to come, your house will be filled with laughter and happiness so that it will be the solution to the defects left behind by the contractor. Stay optimistic!

And thanks again for sharing so much informati with us! :)

• Like 1

Hi 11finger, that's so sweet, thanks!

Saw that you are considering (or reconsidering) on laminate flooring. This is one of my regrets. Laminate flooring can't take knocks well... We have a couple of holes already and it is quite obvious! Also our dog likes to throw tantrum at us by peeing around occasionally so the poor flooring is very abused!

If we had more time to renovate, I would go for the wood tiles for the living room & bedrooms!

Edited by Makanology

Hi edd, you know what? We have been living next to each other's block yet we haven't met before. Let's meet at one of the kopitiam or at the ice cream palour one of these days!

• Like 1