Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
monk8

Dining Table - Quartz Top Or Teak

hi,

am starting to shop around for furnitures despite havent confirm any ID or contractor yet... :P

just wondering what are your opinions....for a dining table...should i get a teak dining table or a quartz top with stainless steel legs dining table?

any pros or cons?

to me personally, i think teak dining table is very nice but was told that i might need to put a piece of glass on top to protect it from stains and scratches...

Quartz top dining table is very nice as well...better than marble as stainproof and scratchproof..

but with stainless steel legs...would stainless steel rust?? or stain the floor if rust?

any comments/ advices?? :)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Your choice depends on both practical and aesthetic concerns.

Teak or wooden tops, as you mentioned correctly are more prone to scratches, wear and tear, heat and water marks. However, you can choose to view any blemishes as a charming addition to the wood's natural grain, that such things add character to the piece of furniture. If you can't live with that, yes, a clear glass top would protect it well, but it does detract a little from the original look of the table.

Quartz would be less warm than teak, but on the practical side, you won't need to worry about stains, scratches, damages etc. It's quite hardy. And it's reflective surface is also attractive in its own right.

As for stainless steel legs, it shouldn't rust if it is actually stainless steel. Nor should it stain the floor, since most furniture pieces have a little rubber base to keep them from sitting flat on the floor.

hi gakuseisean,

thanks for your reply.

yes you are right that putting a clear glass top would protect the teak table well but it's a waste as it detract a little from the original look and feel of the table especially the one which i saw at scanteak...

the Quartz table that i saw is very attractive and it's in white! and it has 3 different types of legs to choose from.

I believed a couple of the forumers here might have bought it with the pine wood legs.

from what i heard from the sale person selling the quartz table, he told me stainless steel is not rust resistant and over years will have little bumps over the surface..but it's not rust.

unfortunately i end up with neither. :)

I ended up with a marble top table which i saw at Air going on a sale...grab it right there...

i know the cons of marble like not stain-proof but for a pure marble top with sleek design and at discounted price..a bit hard to resist...and Air products are so attractive :) but expensive(!!)