Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Berlinbear

🐶 Westie's Home 🐶

The Grand Finale :drunk:

Recounting our Renovation Process

Recounting the process, I realised it can actually turn out to be a nightmarish process. Had heard forumers sharing facing delays or errant ID/contractors. We had completed our reno way ahead earlier. I guess I really count myself lucky in this sense.

Basically we torn down whatever we had originally. It was challenging due to the amount of expansive glass works, ceiling works, electrical points, space layout, carpentry, functional and fusion of various styles, harmonising influences, dog proofing.. the list goes on.

Date of Renovation: 28 Jan 2013 to 9 March 2013 (Excluding 1 week CNY Break)

Duration: 5 weeks :thumbs up:

Renovation works: :dribble:

1) Hacking of Kitchen/Utility/MBR/Entertainment room walls

2) Hacking of all wall tiles at kitchen and 3 toilets/balcony

3) Hacking of all Floor tiles ****/Utility/Dining/3 Bedrooms/3 toilets/Kitchen/2nd floor lobby/staircase/balcony

4) Laying tiles ****/Utility/Dining/3 Bedrooms/3 toilets/Kitchen/2nd floor lobby/staircase/balcony

5) Ceiling works ****/Utility/Dining/3 Bedrooms/2 toilets/2nd floor lobby

6) Whole house plastering

7) Carpentry works

- Kitchen & Bar top

- TV Feature wall @ Living room, Entertainment room and Mini Dining room

- Walk in Wardrode at MBR

- Vanity Top at 2 Toilets

8) Electrical and Lighting points/works

9) Curtain/Roller Blinds for whole house

10) Toshiba inverter Aircon for 3 rooms

11) Painting for whole house and steel piping

12) New doors, windows and grilles for whole house

13) Glass works:

- Balcony Glass sliding door

- Balcony Glass railing

- Glass railing for stairway

- Glass panel for Entertainment room and MBR

- Glass shower screen for common toilet

- Glass door with frosted laminate for common toilet

14) Plumbing works

- Whole house stainless steel piping

- Basins, taps, shower heater,toilet bowls and bathtub

There was not an exact theme we had in mind. But we do know what we want and what we do not want. The end result was better than we expected. We were lucky to met the right ppl who were industrious, responsible and flexible in their work approach.

One good deed deserves another, so Good things must share, I have collated all my Renovator contacts for your future dream home! (if anyone thinks or needs) but please don't hold me accountable if you faced any bad experience as a result of this recommendation. Afterall, design, taste and expectations are all very subjective issues.

The purpose of posting this blog, admittedly like most apart from being a track record keeping, it serves as a tool for self gratification and showing off as well, hehehe! :bow: However, from a more holistic and greater good point of view, it is important to share whatever good lobangs and dealing we came across too! So here it goes:

Tested and proven :notti: ! :deal: :

LIEN LIEN INTERIOR

Benny Chun @ 9621 1167

A very humble guy with many years of experience in Landed, Private, Commericial and HDB. Swift coordination and provided us alot of modern ideas and transformed our HDB to a "landed" property (as if) :P . He is one of the IDs/Contractors that we met who dare to promise all the jobs to be done on time/tight timeline and actually delivers, in fact earlier than we thought. You can rest assured with Benny's coordination.

A contractor do need not the "wow" or "branded" marketing ploys, catalogue or talks. In my opinion, all u need to get is someone who is a responsible man. (Sounds like hunting for hubby) :deal: He has rectified and solved many problems which admittedly will pop out every now and then during reno I can be a super fussy guy at times with irritating demands and fairly high expectations. Hence, those who work under me will likely be stressed out and suffer a great deal. I will complain if I see certain things are not done right. However, in Benny's case, he has done a great job hence it is only right to appreciate and highlight his works rightfully and accordingly so. Most people whos been to our house keep commenting which branded ID we use etc, 'WOW' factor...etc they always give us a puzzled look when we shared its an ordinary contractor ID style at AMK neighbourhood. Ordinary contractor who produced extraordinary work!

:sport-smiley-004:

PAINTING SERVICES

Mr Soh @ 93805595

A very experienced painter and he recommended and guided us on the colour scheme, potential issues+solutions. We have used external weathershield paint for our internal walls. It looks much brighter and more importantly, long lasting. Mr Soh used only 3 days to paint our whole EM including pipings and main door grilles with his workers! Tested and proven! :deal::thumbs up:

CURTAIN/BLINDS

ROOM COOL DESIGN

Mr Raymond @ 9002 5698

Recommended by our ID/Contractor - Mr Benny. We are very pleased and satisfied wit the curtain and roller blinds installed. Excellent worksmanship and swift installation. Now our house is added with a sheer simplistic elegance. No more unwanted sunlights :good:

HOME MOVERS

Mr Tony @ 8138 7271

Recommended by our ID/Contractor - Mr Benny. Super pleased with the moving experience. This was our first time shifting home, believe it or not, we have only used 2hours to get all our stuff packed and shifted. :good:

d8e21059f43f6d7deee27e1f8cf10039_zps6431c62e.jpg

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

BerlinbeAr , so far how is the feeling staying in EM? Hehe

And has your dog adapt well in new environment? Mine abit slow in climbing stairs leh..

Spike doll, the feeling of staying in EM is :good:

Personally, I felt it is really bang for buck. I'm meant for what most EM owners r paying, they could afford a condo easily.

But the space is incomparable. Staircase always gives a landed feel. I called our apartment hi rise landed, hahaha- best of both worlds.

My westie is handcarried by me up and down. I fear he will skid or trip hence really take extra care. He is really happy with the space and smiling everyday. He likes to peep me from the top n check whenever I'm at level 1 doin hsework. U too must take care of yr dog, if he's a bit slow means the steps might be a bit steep. My westie is considered a toy dog. Big toy dog as he's fat.

BerlinbeAr , so far how is the feeling staying in EM? Hehe

And has your dog adapt well in new environment? Mine abit slow in climbing stairs leh..

Wow! What a dramatic transformation to your EM! Nice job. The glass walls & banister opens up the whole place beautifully. Too bad I can't adopt this style as I've got 3 kiddos under 11-yrs.

Your dedicated entertainment room is jaw dropping! :jawdrop:

And I love your westie's ears and tail color. Sssooo cute!! :D

Spike doll, the feeling of staying in EM is :good:

Personally, I felt it is really bang for buck. I'm meant for what most EM owners r paying, they could afford a condo easily.

But the space is incomparable. Staircase always gives a landed feel. I called our apartment hi rise landed, hahaha- best of both worlds.

My westie is handcarried by me up and down. I fear he will skid or trip hence really take extra care. He is really happy with the space and smiling everyday. He likes to peep me from the top n check whenever I'm at level 1 doin hsework. U too must take care of yr dog, if he's a bit slow means the steps might be a bit steep. My westie is considered a toy dog. Big toy dog as he's fat.

It's true.. Some friends asked why we want buy EM .. We can buy at least an EC/ suburban condo at the price we paid.. But we feel we won't enjoy the big space like EM. Moreover we not the type that will utilize the condo facilities.

Ya we quite worry for our dog's safety when it comes to stairs. She hardly climb staircases at all so v slow. Moreover she's turning 7 ( though still active lah)

Quite worried she may trip and fall ESP when nobody at home. She get excited when we get home and can't imagine if she happen to be at upstairs she may roll all the way down

We r enjoying our new house and lifestyle. But guess wat? Westie is the one who relax and enjoy lfe the most!

Westie watching HBO

8604D54A-4D9F-4C83-95A1-D9F1F8B358F4-789-00000028740DF9EA_zps43921a34.jpg

Relax chilling dreaming away....

D806ABCA-AD67-442C-926C-DA96211FF632-789-0000002862409EB5_zps05a5b1ee.jpg

My room is his room

32D9C855-F737-4187-86FE-C1A5CA5E04B0-789-000000288C075FCC_zps3f518f73.jpg

Westie's tent

72FCFB5A-D231-4314-B4D3-B6260E58E9EE-789-000000289C1D487C_zpsae025491.jpg

Peek-a-poo

D6AF6C9C-7AE8-499E-B10F-7A90F8729C73-789-0000002A5BFA32ED_zpsb6910660.jpg

Ya, he is 8 years old already. In dog years is considered ah pek.

He like to laze around everywhere which is considered a good ting since he makes himself feel at home.

Yeah.... coz Westie gets to sleep on master's bed.

Start off a day with Straits Time

20130502_153533_zpsb3e88244.jpg

20130502_153554_zps7314b5c0.jpg

The living room that keeps me living

20130502_153908_zpsa8aad97c.jpg

2013-05-02160544_zps4a594647.png

2013-05-02160644_zps358eb92d.png

Edited by Berlinbear