Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
lithium

Uncooperative Neighbour - Ceiling Leak

Hi folks,

This is probably not the first time this topic is being breached, but I have a less than cooperative upstairs neighbour who is refusing to help fix the leak in their floor, its causing water droplets to form on the ceiling walls in my apartment, despite brand spanking new renovation, including chemical plastering of the said ceiling.

I wanted to know what kind of recourse do I have in such a situation? The apartment is a collection of walk-up flats in the east, without a MCST, however it has a management agent.

How do I gently persuade the neighbour to fix the issue?

Also, is there a law governing expenses etc. in such a situation?

Many thanks for your time and kind inputs.

Happy CNY to whoever is celebrating!

Edited by lithium

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi folks,

This is probably not the first time this topic is being breached, but I have a less than cooperative upstairs neighbour who is refusing to help fix the leak in their floor, its causing water droplets to form on the ceiling walls in my apartment, despite brand spanking new renovation, including chemical plastering of the said ceiling.

I wanted to know what kind of recourse do I have in such a situation? The apartment is a collection of walk-up flats in the east, without a MCST, however it has a management agent.

How do I gently persuade the neighbour to fix the issue?

Also, is there a law governing expenses etc. in such a situation?

Many thanks for your time and kind inputs.

Happy CNY to whoever is celebrating!

If water is seeping through your ceiling, then really no choice both parties will foot half the repair cost.

But if yours is spalling concrete which is caused by natural deterioration process, you can call HDB Branch Service Line at 1800-2255432 to engage a repair contractor.

I just did mine at $35. (HDB pay another $35)

If water is seeping through your ceiling, then really no choice both parties will foot half the repair cost.

But if yours is spalling concrete which is caused by natural deterioration process, you can call HDB Branch Service Line at 1800-2255432 to engage a repair contractor.

I just did mine at $35. (HDB pay another $35)

tread starter is not living in hdb so hdb will not help to resolve this.