Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Clearskies

Casement Window Handles - 2 Stops

Hello all, my little condo unit has nearly all casement windows. Most of the time this is fine, except at night when I'd like them open a crack for ventilation but not so far open that everything not nailed down in the flat falls on the floor. They also tend to swing open when there is a sudden monsoon downpour which means I sometimes wake up to a flooded living room.

I have photos of my current windows latches (unfortunately this forum doesn't seem to allow me to upload anything but I can PM interested parties), but seem to remember that in the old days there were also handles/latches which had 2 stops. One which completely closed/latched the window and another which had it open just a crack. Does anyone know a shop or handyman I can talk to about getting my latches replaced by that kind? I hope that someone out there knows what I am talking about... :unsure:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Most casement windows are using friction stays that prevent wind from moving it. Your description is closer to those wooden casement windows found in conservation or super old HDB flats?

The window stay u described can be found at Homely Hardware at Ubi. Not sure after their recent restructuring if still got stock. Made of brass and used primarily for conservation projects these days.

Most casement windows are using friction stays that prevent wind from moving it. Your description is closer to those wooden casement windows found in conservation or super old HDB flats?

The window stay u described can be found at Homely Hardware at Ubi. Not sure after their recent restructuring if still got stock. Made of brass and used primarily for conservation projects these days.

Thanks Yoongf! My windows are definitely aluminium and the condo dates from 1998 so it shdn't be that old even if the previous owners did not change them. They stay open OK most of the time, but not in windy conditions - you have to bear in mind that these windows are part of an exterior wall; so its not like there's another block to buffer the wind or anything. I shall try to make my way to Ubi - hope that Homely will still have hardware that will work despite its reorganisation...