Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
leen

Art Piece

hi, this thread seems to stop dead for some time.

juz want to let ppl know that there are some shops in bras basah that sells paintings.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I just bought one outside OG waterloo st..there are those pasar malam stalls...till 24/10..there is this artist from China who paint according to others' paintings..I bought at $100

b4.jpg

I just bought one outside OG waterloo st..there are those pasar malam stalls...till 24/10..there is this artist from China who paint according to others' paintings..I bought at $100

b4.jpg

Wah...Nice nice :D N consider in Singapore is cheap liao lo....hmm...tink I should make a trip down.

hi all,

i'm consolidating some of the infor for the benefit of all. some of these paintings at the shop are quite suitable for hm deco use.

obtain from the following forum:

http://www.singaporebrides.com/forumboard/...html?1191857140

1. PaintArt at Bras Basah Complex - Blk 231, #02-85 Bain St

http://www.paintart.com.sg

reasonable pricing for modern art, abstract. quite suitable for hm deco type.

2. Evershine Gallery - Blk 177, #01-136 Toa Payoh Central

3. Images of China - #04-49 Paragon

4. Carmelites Framing - #02-06 Bukit Timah Plaza

5. Lovely Deart - #02-16 Thomson Plaza

more of country style type. abit ex.

6. art mart gallery pte ltd

520 sims ave 1 #01-01

tel: 6744 0382

www.artmart.com.sg

mid high range pricing for modern art, abstract. quite suitable for hm deco type. they able to show you more if you ask.

7. Ode To Art @ Raffles City

http://www.odetoart.com/highlights.asp

never been there, but looks like not cheap

8. along #02 of bras basah, there are chinese paintings also.

9. straits commercial art (opp bras basah)

think they hv some chinese ink paintings also

10. http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=10457

11. http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=8602

12. http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=9833

13. http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=2199

14. http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=7303

15. http://www.sagg.com.sg/exhibitions.php

16. http://www.agas.org.sg/agas/members.html

can find many art gallery here for local and overseas artists. but dunno hw much the price of the art, think must enquire.

hope the above helps. and hope there are more ppl who will contribute to this thread on art pieces.

Edited by leen

b4.jpg

hwah! i have also been depserately looking for a painting for my dining area. i suspect karen and me have the same model of flat. i also need a huge one for the dining area - hee.

thanks for your information spikedoll. i saw this artist at a stall outside midpoint orchard few weeks ago as well but when i was there, he was already packing up then tell me it was the last day he will sell at that location and i was not able to choose any. subsequently, i asked where he was going to move his stall to and he told me chinatown. he was not very friendly then so i did not get more details from him. i suspect we are probably refering to the same china man.

i shall pop by waterloo then. you double checked and confirmed that his stall will be there until 24 oct 07?

hwah! i have also been depserately looking for a painting for my dining area. i suspect karen and me have the same model of flat. i also need a huge one for the dining area - hee.

thanks for your information spikedoll. i saw this artist at a stall outside midpoint orchard few weeks ago as well but when i was there, he was already packing up then tell me it was the last day he will sell at that location and i was not able to choose any. subsequently, i asked where he was going to move his stall to and he told me chinatown. he was not very friendly then so i did not get more details from him. i suspect we are probably refering to the same china man.

i shall pop by waterloo then. you double checked and confirmed that his stall will be there until 24 oct 07?

Hi elcy

yes he told me till 24/10..there are quite a few china artists around...the one I bought from is quite ok..he even called me the next morning to remind me the painting is ready for collection.I'm going make a trip down again as I need some more oil paintings :dribble:

hi spikedoll, any idea if he can paint from photograph?

he only paint those canvas oil painting..i think u can show him photograph or picture for him to paint.

I rem he told me to show him any drawings I like so he can follow...

I just went yesterday and he was still around...

I did not went to him as the weather is very HOT yesterday and v crowded too...

Just outside OG only....

I just went yesterday and he was still around...

I did not went to him as the weather is very HOT yesterday and v crowded too...

Just outside OG only....

thanks for the info :notti:

the one outside OG near Fu Lu Shou Complex cannot make it la. the painting dun look professional enough. but its cheap though.

my experience to share...

for oil and acrylic painting, it must have proper drying time, if not in days to come, the paint will kinda melt away in our hot and humid country.

most need proper varnishing also. from my experience, when painting layers, you have to let layer by layer to dry properly for 1-2 days. after painting, you have to leave it to dry properly at least for 1 week. den varnish 1 layer and let it dry for 3-5 days. and if there is a need to varnish and seal more layers, you will need more days. why the need to dry properly becoz the inside of the paints may not be dry even though the outside / surface area looks dry. of coz, to speed up drying, one can use hair dryer but the most you can dry is the surface area only, and also you cannot use hairdryer on the same spot, coz will burnt the paint or the canvas coz it gets too hot. simple logic juz like contractor painting your hse, need drying time.

that is why professional paintings cost more. coz more delicate effort and work.

but for ink painting, of coz, it dry faster but still need 2-3 days for it to settle.

so if you go for price, you cannot expect gd quality delicate work / effort for the painting. my artist teacher is vy strict with me. she will scold me whenever i try to cut corners... learning under her is tough coz she expect the bascis to be drill into my brain and become like ISO standard procedure like that :notti:

the one outside OG near Fu Lu Shou Complex cannot make it la. the painting dun look professional enough. but its cheap though.

my experience to share...

for oil and acrylic painting, it must have proper drying time, if not in days to come, the paint will kinda melt away in our hot and humid country.

most need proper varnishing also. from my experience, when painting layers, you have to let layer by layer to dry properly for 1-2 days. after painting, you have to leave it to dry properly at least for 1 week. den varnish 1 layer and let it dry for 3-5 days. and if there is a need to varnish and seal more layers, you will need more days. why the need to dry properly becoz the inside of the paints may not be dry even though the outside / surface area looks dry. of coz, to speed up drying, one can use hair dryer but the most you can dry is the surface area only, and also you cannot use hairdryer on the same spot, coz will burnt the paint or the canvas coz it gets too hot. simple logic juz like contractor painting your hse, need drying time.

that is why professional paintings cost more. coz more delicate effort and work.

but for ink painting, of coz, it dry faster but still need 2-3 days for it to settle.

so if you go for price, you cannot expect gd quality delicate work / effort for the painting. my artist teacher is vy strict with me. she will scold me whenever i try to cut corners... learning under her is tough coz she expect the bascis to be drill into my brain and become like ISO standard procedure like that :P

err so far I'm pleased with the painting I bought from him...u mean u saw him paint on the spot and sell it immediately?

err so far I'm pleased with the painting I bought from him...u mean u saw him paint on the spot and sell it immediately?

no, wat i mean is if you order painting from the artist and he promise to deliver within 'x' no. of days, that means drying time is not enough for the paintings.

and if you go to the artist stall outside OG to view at the other paintings, and he really got alot alot of paintings, the standard not there. there are some areas where (i believe) acidentally drip on colors or painted wrong colors, eg. if you look closely. and the paintings dun look 'alive'. (eg. of meaning, like looking at photographs)

go to more galleries to look and you will know what i mean. some gd pieces, eg. tree, may not portray the tree as green but different tones of red, orange, brown etc. with the shading that allow you to see that its a sunny day with the sun shining onto the tree... etc. (my descriptions not so gd) and the tree looks so real and alive.

juz my 2cents...