Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
leen

Art Piece

no, wat i mean is if you order painting from the artist and he promise to deliver within 'x' no. of days, that means drying time is not enough for the paintings.

and if you go to the artist stall outside OG to view at the other paintings, and he really got alot alot of paintings, the standard not there. there are some areas where (i believe) acidentally drip on colors or painted wrong colors, eg. if you look closely. and the paintings dun look 'alive'. (eg. of meaning, like looking at photographs)

go to more galleries to look and you will know what i mean. some gd pieces, eg. tree, may not portray the tree as green but different tones of red, orange, brown etc. with the shading that allow you to see that its a sunny day with the sun shining onto the tree... etc. (my descriptions not so gd) and the tree looks so real and alive.

juz my 2cents...

thanks for your info...for me I just wan get a painting at reasonable price which I find the painting is nice..of coz the price is very important..personally feel the standard is not very far apart from galleries, of coz unless u r comparing with famous artists :sport-smiley-004: ... :jawdrop:

really up to individual wat they are looking for... :yamseng:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi elcy

yes he told me till 24/10..there are quite a few china artists around...the one I bought from is quite ok..he even called me the next morning to remind me the painting is ready for collection.I'm going make a trip down again as I need some more oil paintings :notti:

spikedoll, i went there, only saw one artist. is there more than one? this artist i saw only had 3 paintings of buddha head left, 2 of which are the same. the 3rd one my husband don't like so we ended up empty handed back home, sigh, so disappointing. got more than one artist around there meh? the other one i saw had those rolled chinese calligraphy type of painting, not my style lah.

back to hunting again.

spikedoll, i went there, only saw one artist. is there more than one? this artist i saw only had 3 paintings of buddha head left, 2 of which are the same. the 3rd one my husband don't like so we ended up empty handed back home, sigh, so disappointing. got more than one artist around there meh? the other one i saw had those rolled chinese calligraphy type of painting, not my style lah.

back to hunting again.

he only left 2 or 2 buddha face paintings which are not v nice...u may show him any pic u like so he can paint for u..i saw there are 2 stalls selling..the other is more to chinese calligraphy...the artist i bought from is directly outside OG entrance.Beside is a stall selling earrings accessories.

hi all,

juz want to share this with you guz out there.

i was walking at chinatown when i saw this small store which sells painting.

the store is those pushcart temporary type except that its a small store located on the street juz infront of tbe buddha tooth relic temple.

next to this store is a store that sells hm deco lightings which have items from Thailand (i ever saw similar items at Thailand Suan Lum Night Mkt). the lightings are vy much like resort type.

and this small store has quite a few different type of buddha paintings which are quite nicely done and other abstract paintings of different sizes.

but as i didn't ask for the price, i don't know how much are the paintings. i guess shouldn't be too expensive.

maybe you guz who are interested to get some of these similar type of deco and go there and take a look.

yesterday was walking around Chinatown near the Buddha Relic Temple side and found a shop run by a China chinese. his shop is facing Maxwell Hawker Centre / Food Market. he hangs alot of vy vy big brushes (meant for Chinese paintings) outside his shop and so its vy easy to recognise his shop and plus he put a signboard stating that framing services available.

he has alot of cheap paintings from China, ranging from $20 to $400 depending on the size and type of paintings. Mostly that i saw are oil paintings. got china girls, landscape, Buddha (nowadays vy popular those types and he has many different patterns and sizes selling around $70) and abstract as well.

these paintings are not mounted onto the wooden frame yet. the paintings are very very cheap. $20 for abt a bit smaller than A4 size, $68 for abt A3 size and so on..

but the China boss (man) got attitute problm, like everybody owe him a living like that. keep saying that Singaporean will not open a shop on public holidays etc... only China ppl vy hardworking etc...

except for that, the paintings are worthwile to take a look.

yesterday was walking around Chinatown near the Buddha Relic Temple side and found a shop run by a China chinese. his shop is facing Maxwell Hawker Centre / Food Market. he hangs alot of vy vy big brushes (meant for Chinese paintings) outside his shop and so its vy easy to recognise his shop and plus he put a signboard stating that framing services available.

he has alot of cheap paintings from China, ranging from $20 to $400 depending on the size and type of paintings. Mostly that i saw are oil paintings. got china girls, landscape, Buddha (nowadays vy popular those types and he has many different patterns and sizes selling around $70) and abstract as well.

these paintings are not mounted onto the wooden frame yet. the paintings are very very cheap. $20 for abt a bit smaller than A4 size, $68 for abt A3 size and so on..

but the China boss (man) got attitute problm, like everybody owe him a living like that. keep saying that Singaporean will not open a shop on public holidays etc... only China ppl vy hardworking etc...

except for that, the paintings are worthwile to take a look.

Hi Leen

Thanks for sharing. I will make a trip down to see see as I need to buy one or two mre oil paintings.

Another place to share is a shop at Simpang Bedok.The shop is kind of wholesaler that have own artists to paint then sell to art galleries.The price is quite cheap compared to art galleries :sport-smiley-018:

The shop is facing the Jalan Tua Kong fishball mee shop/Shop & Save ..u won't miss it lah.

leen do u also paint?

i couldn't agree with the drying part more then u. the canvas must also be properly primed before starting any painting.

oil painting can take months to dry. acrylic dry faster and also water proof by itself. thus i am a big fan of acrylic painting. however varnishing also makes the appearance shiny which is more appealing too. :jawdrop:

i strongly agree with the part about acrylic painting. it is more practical for our homes compared to oil painting. it's waterproof and easier to care for (sidenote: oil painting can also be made 'shiny', just use appropriate amount of linseed oil).

oil painting may take more than months to dry, some will actually take years, especially those painted impasto. the beauty about oil painting is its texture, but the texture itself will trap dirt and is almost impossible to maintain without the proper know-how. hence, after a couple of years, the 'beautiful and bright' painting when first bought, may appear 'dull and dark'.

hi all,

i'm consolidating some of the infor for the benefit of all. some of these paintings at the shop are quite suitable for hm deco use.

obtain from the following forum:

http://www.singaporebrides.com/forumboard/...html?1191857140

1. PaintArt at Bras Basah Complex - Blk 231, #02-85 Bain St

http://www.paintart.com.sg

reasonable pricing for modern art, abstract. quite suitable for hm deco type.

2. Evershine Gallery - Blk 177, #01-136 Toa Payoh Central

3. Images of China - #04-49 Paragon

4. Carmelites Framing - #02-06 Bukit Timah Plaza

5. Lovely Deart - #02-16 Thomson Plaza

more of country style type. abit ex.

6. art mart gallery pte ltd

520 sims ave 1 #01-01

tel: 6744 0382

www.artmart.com.sg

mid high range pricing for modern art, abstract. quite suitable for hm deco type. they able to show you more if you ask.

7. Ode To Art @ Raffles City

http://www.odetoart.com/highlights.asp

never been there, but looks like not cheap

8. along #02 of bras basah, there are chinese paintings also.

9. straits commercial art (opp bras basah)

think they hv some chinese ink paintings also

10. http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=10457

11. http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=8602

12. http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=9833

13. http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=2199

14. http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=7303

15. http://www.sagg.com.sg/exhibitions.php

16. http://www.agas.org.sg/agas/members.html

can find many art gallery here for local and overseas artists. but dunno hw much the price of the art, think must enquire.

hope the above helps. and hope there are more ppl who will contribute to this thread on art pieces.

thanks for the compliation. this solve everything for everyone hehe. oh ya the PaintArt at Bras Basah Complex seems not bad leh, will go there to have a look

All painting fans - just wondering if anyone could advise where I could get some reasonable canvas for oil painting. Those sold in Bras Basah Complex are rather expensive. Any recommendation will be most appreciated.

you can check out colours of the wall. They are located at the industrial park near SAFRA Tampines, opened every sat. I cannot remember the exact address and opening hours, but you can check out the details at

coloursofthewall.blogspot.com

Paintings there are really cheap, cheapest I've seen around. Also of very good quality. I was there last week and bought 4 paintings from them. The sales guy was really friendly and helpful, offered me really good advice on which paintings to chose to go well with my interior design.

Ya...tink I went before, price is indeed reasonable...

Hi, Do they sell any plain canvas for oil paint? Here is a latest piece added to my collection:

DSC00589.jpg

Ya...tink I went before, price is indeed reasonable...

I think is shop is closing soon coz no business. Wait for their closing sale... :P