Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Ospre78

Seeking Opinions On These Ids

Hi boys n girls, I'm planning to engage an ID for my unit which will be ready around Mar. Tried doing a search on them in this forum but turn up zilch! Do let me know if you have dealt with these folks before. pm me is fine too. Cheers!

Kelvin Teo from Space Sense

Vanessa or Ken from Louvre.

Meter Square ( no particular person since I have not established contact)

So many horror stories about IDs I don't want them to become my nIDemare! ( pun intended)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi boys n girls, I'm planning to engage an ID for my unit which will be ready around Mar. Tried doing a search on them in this forum but turn up zilch! Do let me know if you have dealt with these folks before. pm me is fine too. Cheers!

So many horror stories about IDs I don't want them to become my nIDemare! ( pun intended)

I would say go for those recommended ones as renovation not only cost you money and also time. Getting a good one will save you alot of hassles. If it's small money, then no harm trying out, however, renovations do cost alot. So think twice and more than twice. yamseng.gif Have a smooth reno!

yup. without any comments in this forum means they are not well known or lesser used by forum ppl.

Being a 'big shot' in the industry doesn't necessary means they're the best.

I'll say no harm meeting up with the various IDs and go with your feelings.

I engaged one ID for my parents' renovation and what I'm happy about is there is no 'hidden charges' like most firms :P

It's a little more pricey, but I feel like I've bought an insurance LOL.

one advise is to list down EVERYTHING you want from the beginning. You can always remove some or change it after the quote is out.

Any additions after the contract is signed will usually cost more.

Being a 'big shot' in the industry doesn't necessary means they're the best.

I'll say no harm meeting up with the various IDs and go with your feelings.

I engaged one ID for my parents' renovation and what I'm happy about is there is no 'hidden charges' like most firms :P

It's a little more pricey, but I feel like I've bought an insurance LOL.

Thats a good one.. I am doing a reno soon..Collecting keys in mid/late May (if all is well) still sourcing around. I went to Chew, Hamid&Sons & NID Design Studio. Both Chew & H&S are pretty competitive but they exceeded my budget. Now awaiting from NID Design.

The funny thing, why electrical works are never included in the quotation? And why electrical works are at sky high price? :help:

I guess cause most IDs sub to contractor? You can always find a direct contractor, but I think quite dangerous hahahahahaha.

Contractors may not be cheaper.. The quotes I got from contractors especially those v popular in renotalk are at least 30% higher than my current renovator. Though we engaged ID but we engaged own Aircon and electrician which are cheaper.

So far very pleased with my ID who is very experienced and hands-on type. Feel very comfortable with him and u know your house is in good hands. Reno almost completing

Hope those searching for ID / contractors find their ideal one soon and smooth journey ! :)

Edited by spikedoll

Contractors may not be cheaper.. The quotes I got from contractors especially those v popular in renotalk are at least 30% higher than my current renovator. Though we engaged ID but we engaged own Aircon and electrician which are cheaper.

So far very pleased with my ID who is very experienced and hands-on type. Feel very comfortable with him and u know your house is in good hands. Reno almost completing

Hope those searching for ID / contractors find their ideal one soon and smooth journey ! :)

ya agreed. some contractors are ex too. to me, i just want to have a peace of mind during the whole process of renovation. so i think ID suits me better. can just leave it to them to do the liaising and coordination work! so now the main thing is to find a reliable ID and sit back and enjoy while they do the magic! long weekend soon! cheers everyone! :yamseng:

Sorry don't mind if I hijack your post :D

I've shortlisted 3 ID's as well.

1) Square Room - Jam**

2) Fineline Concept - Ray****

3) The Wooden Platform - Jas**

Any reviews will be appreciated! :yamseng:

On 3/28/2013 at 9:59 AM, spikedoll said:

Could you pls PM me your ID? Tks

On 3/28/2013 at 9:59 AM, spikedoll said:

I'm looking for ID to renovate the condo I'm staying in. Could you pls PM me your ID? Does he offers design ideas or I would hv to design myself? Tks

On 2/14/2013 at 1:44 AM, Ospre78 said:

Hello, I'm also considering Kelvin Teo as I like his portfolio. Meter Square website looks ok as well. Hv you finished your renovation? Can share info about your choice and review? Tks