Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ToniChopper

Country Kitchen

Hi Pink Tissue, I believe French Colonial country style can fit your current deco. I think you will like it. Maybe you can google for some pics of french country kitchens? :)

Thanks for the tip. I saw a yellow, white and blue French style kitchen while googling.I love the color scheme. I may just consider it. My Mr Contractor is trying to sway me to go for the ultra modern one though. I think he got very stressed doing my reno as he has never encounter my type of reno before. Even his workers took pictures of my house after reno. A non-standard kitchen may just throw him off to the deep end :P

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

and here's my window...

serviceyardwindows_zps03ae642c.jpg

am glad i did it cos i think it'll make hanging clothes out alot easier too :) love the breeze... ahhhhhhh

how much is the damage for this 3 panel open service windows cost you ? more expensive the standard sliding 3 panel type?

how much is the damage for this 3 panel open service windows cost you ? more expensive the standard sliding 3 panel type?

i don't know how much is sliding panel, but the casement cost us 600.

We didn't opt for hdb doors cos we wanted solid wood doors to match our design. here's the evergreen wooden door

apparently the new hdb doors are larger than the standard doors, thus required to pay more for non-standard doors. and master bedroom door is larger than the other 2 rooms.

roomdoors_zps04af8697.jpg

here's the toilet door. we opt for top-hang bi-fold kind.

tip: if you are using this kind of door for master bedroom, be sure to get the doorman to include the lock hinge for the outside of the toilet so that when u have airflow, it won't cause the door to "flip" in/out

toiletdoors_zps8750d180.jpg

Thanks for the tip. I saw a yellow, white and blue French style kitchen while googling.I love the color scheme. I may just consider it. My Mr Contractor is trying to sway me to go for the ultra modern one though. I think he got very stressed doing my reno as he has never encounter my type of reno before. Even his workers took pictures of my house after reno. A non-standard kitchen may just throw him off to the deep end :P

Hahaha, you're so funny!

much to our surprise, the carcass of the kitchen was up within a day.. they piece it up like puzzle!

kitchen_zps4b2e9986.jpg

and the very next day we had our wardrobe..... amazed :o

wardrobe_zps02d0ad18.jpg

and the vanity @ master's toilet

toiletvanity_zpsf245cd69.jpg

knobs are all up too ...

knobs_zpseec36226.jpg

doors for the kitchen cabinetry are up

we want to keep the kitchen bright and airy.. so we opt for glass-paneled doors.. not only does it adds to the country looks, it breaks the look for tower units and with top cabinetry for both sides of the alley kitchen, it create a more "open" look.

kitchen2_zpsf4ec79ec.jpg

for the "banner" above the breakfast table and the stove, we are opting for country style tiles...

we hunt all over the place to find the right size and design. but apparently, these kinda old peranakan/country/old skool type of tiles are limited in design and quantity. (even when we only needed a few)

here are the ones that we found...

tiles3_zpsf423b3a9.jpg

tiles2_zps1cf54196.jpg

tiles_zps3362533a.jpg

This is what we finally chose for both "banners" in diagonal matrix design

Our tabletop is also up. We opt for silestone. I believe this is a good investment for kitchen tabletop if you are looking for something robust and resistant to stains, scratch, discoloration, able to withstand heat or am opting for a white color tone. Quartz will be a good choice. The only down side is the cost. This is roughly 40% -60% more ex than other options of kitchen tops like solid surface or granite.

kitchen3_zpsc9172d92.jpg

Hi ToniChopper, your country kitchen is looks like it is coming up nice. I can see that Mr Yeo's workmanship is good. His company does the carpentry or is it oursourced. Do you mind sharing his contact? Can pm me? Planning to redo my kitchen. Thanks in advance.

Nice kitchen! Can you share where you bought your Peranankan tiles from? TIA!

we got ours from Sin Lek, the other places we went to look around are: Hup Kiong, Soon Bee Huat, An Huat trading