Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Teofamily

Herf Vs Vinyl

Thanks drk1946,

We decided to go for homogenous tiles in the end after all the troubles.

We took samples of all the laminates we were considering and put them on water test, I would have to say that they all failed to different degrees.

My husband and I decided to save ourselves the trouble over worrying about water all the time.

Concluded that it is easier to manage the grout lines instead.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Came across a resilient floor in google,called LURF.What is the difference between LURF & HERF?Both sounds about the same,confusing.

went to google after your post, seems like itz from floor xpert... anybody has reviews/experience with this...? :sport-smiley-018:

We took samples of all the laminates we were considering and put them on water test, I would have to say that they all failed to different degrees.

May I know how does one administer the "water test"?

Was talking to ID today, asked about High End Resilient Flooring (HERF).

She said it's about the same with Vinyl.

I told her - no no Vinyl, for health risk reason.

She said no such thing, HERF and Vinyl are about the same material.

Is that true?

As I am about to reno my new resale unit soon, so started reading, but I need more advise, pls.

Hi I was also told by evorich sales manager about this when I was at a fair in expo last year. He kept saying that his HERF is eco friendly, kids friendly and pet friendly things like that. And when I asked him if the product has any Singapore Green Label certificatie, the sales manager said the product don't need that cos it is already eco friendly. Then he said the HERF product has certification from the US, Germany and other test reports. I then asked him if his other test reports sources are from China, he kept quiet.

And then I further asked him where is the HERF flooring product manufactured? He said it is a USA product and it is in all home depot stores in the states. I told him that I do not want to know about it being a brand marketed in the USA, but I want to know where is it manufactured. Where are the factories located at? At first, he was quite persistent and said that I do not need to know where the product is made, because it is confidential, I just need to know it is a USA brand can already.

I told the Evorich sales manager that I just need to know the source and he don't have to tell me the exact address of the factories, just the country where their herf product is manufactured. Then, he reluctantly told me that their HERF flooring is made in China. I do not understand why this evorich manager is so reluctant to say that their herf product is manufactured in China or they do not have Singapore green label. I felt that he is trying to hide some important details of the HERF product from me, the potential customer who has the right to know about the product before committing my monies in the flooring.

I am not sure if their herf is a vinyl flooring, or vinyl flooring is herf. But the way, the sales manager from Evorich told me about their herf flooring product, I feel that it is quite suspicious. In their facebook and website, the info I want to know are not there as well.

So in the end, my flat is still the original condition. :)

Recently spoke to a contractor who was reasonable and sincere.

Here's what he said:

Made-in-China

Most (if not all) flooring products today are produced in China.

Made in China doesn't immediately mean "Poor Quality"

There are also good and reputable "Made-in-China" flooring products sold here in Singapore

eg: ceramic tiles, marbles, laminates and vinyl floors

Herf vs Vinyl

All the same. Multi-layered PVC flooring.

PVC flooring have been around for a long time.

Roll form, 2mm thick plastic vinyl floors. Still available today!

As mine is a resale unit and the current ceramic floor is still ok, the contractor advise me to do overlay.

All 3 options of Ceramic, Laminate and Vinyl can be considered for overlay but.... Strongly advised not to opt for laminate.

Am trying to fix up appointment to meet the contractor.

Hope to have more info to share...

Thanks!

Hi everyone, we have just installed Evorich Vinyl Flooring - Amsterdam Eggshell series a few weeks ago.

However, we noticed some planks had white squiggly lines that go against the grain patterns, while some planks had normal grain patterns.
The white squiggly lines actually looked like manufacturing defects to me. 

May I know if anyone encountered similar issues?

P/S: My apologies, I am relatively new to the forum and could not attach the pictures onto the thread > <

On 23/02/2016 at 2:37 PM, wling said:

Hi everyone, we have just installed Evorich Vinyl Flooring - Amsterdam Eggshell series a few weeks ago.

However, we noticed some planks had white squiggly lines that go against the grain patterns, while some planks had normal grain patterns.
The white squiggly lines actually looked like manufacturing defects to me. 

May I know if anyone encountered similar issues?

P/S: My apologies, I am relatively new to the forum and could not attach the pictures onto the thread > <

I just installed mine from the same company, believe those lines were part of the design.. but I had very bad experience with this flooring installation. Inconsistent workmanship resulting in bumpy floor with edges sloppy and some silicon not even fully sealed (operations guy - alex said I didn't prepare the floor enough for a flat and even overlay, claim that it will sit in time could be up to 6months). Beware of the company's lousy after sales when full payment is made..