Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ladydr

Transforming Our Flat To Our Home

I went for ID hunting again.

I went to mid view city and met Emily from Weiken. She seems to nice lady, gave me some idea on my kitchen design.

I am waiting for her quotation.

Anyone has any idea how is Weiken service like carpentry, wet works and over all service.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

shoecabinet_zps6551c6fa.png

Are you planning to do your wardrobe like this? If yes, I will be so envious - it is like a dream wardrobe! I will definitely be very motivated to fill up all the holes and to keep it neatly organised always!

Are you planning to do your wardrobe like this? If yes, I will be so envious - it is like a dream wardrobe! I will definitely be very motivated to fill up all the holes and to keep it neatly organised always!

I wish I can do whole wardrobe, but I don't have space so I am trying to make just the shoes cabinet. I hope it will be something like this. I will post picture once I get the design and when it is actually done.

Wouldn't the shoe smell goes to the clothes?? :P :P

This area is only applicable for more new shoes!!

So nice!! hehehe :dancingqueen:

livingroomfloor_zps9dc5890a.png

Got this photo from Weiken website. I like the idea of raised platform but I don't have very big space in my living room so I am thinking of making platform of about 80cm width.

I had another appointment with one more contractor, recommended to me by my friend. His name is Henry (impress 21 design). Saw few positive post on RT but the last post on him was in 2009. Anyone has any idea how he is now? Comments will be appreciated. Thanks

I hope by end of next week I will be able to short list the names of ID/contractor.

Edited by ladydr

This area is only applicable for more new shoes!!

So nice!! hehehe :dancingqueen:

I am going to design something like this only for shoe cabinet not included in my WIW

I wish I can do whole wardrobe, but I don't have space so I am trying to make just the shoes cabinet. I hope it will be something like this. I will post picture once I get the design and when it is actually done.

If you do the exact shoe cabinet, there is space for 40 pairs. Enough for the family or just for yourself? :D

If you do the exact shoe cabinet, there is space for 40 pairs. Enough for the family or just for yourself? :D

I don't have such big space. I think I will space for 20 pairs at least and of course it will be all mine. There will be small corner for my hubby's shoes :D

Edited by ladydr

kitchenplan1_zpsd9afb5f0.png

This is my kitchen floor plan my tentative plan for reno. Kitchen is big part of my renovation.

I am very confused about the configuration of my kitchen - hob, sink, oven and fridge placement.

I am planning for half wall glass between kitchen and dinning area. I don't like the open concept kitchen as I do lots of cooking.

Please give me some advice.

Thanks

Few more contractors/ID came to see my place for measurements. Now waiting for few more quotes before I can finalise THE ONE.

While waiting for the quotation, I am doing some research on furnitures, tiles, lights etc etc. Now a days I am regular visitor of Taobao, but I m bit sceptical to buy bulky item like furnitures from them.

I have been going to Houzz website as well for ideas for kitchen and bathroom design and colours.

Just saw the below tiles. Thinking of getting something like this for my guest bathroom. I hope I can find this kind of tile in singapore

bathroomtiles_zps2847e4b9.jpg

Haven't seen subway tile in this colour locally. I think I saw mini subway tile in green colour at An Huat before, they are quite small, perhaps 1-2" in length?

Edited by bleucheeze

I have short listed 4 ID/Contractor

- H*** (Impress 21) - quotation reasonable but he doesn't give any idea. whatever I said he says yes. NO feed back from him

- R*** (IR design) Quotation reasonable (within my budget). I didn't feel the click with him

- S*** (One stop builder) - Quotation reasonable, he is friend of my friend. Very forthcoming and takes initiative.

- S*** ( Innerview) - not prompt in giving quotation. After sending sms and calling him then finally got quotation. I don't know whether to trust him or not. Plus point is he has lots of idea.

Now is decision time for and I am very confused. Price wise all the quite competitive.

I hope I will be able to make decision on my ID/Contractor by this weekend and start my shopping from next week onwards.

Wish me luck

Few more contractors/ID came to see my place for measurements. Now waiting for few more quotes before I can finalise THE ONE.

While waiting for the quotation, I am doing some research on furnitures, tiles, lights etc etc. Now a days I am regular visitor of Taobao, but I m bit sceptical to buy bulky item like furnitures from them.

I have been going to Houzz website as well for ideas for kitchen and bathroom design and colours.

Just saw the below tiles. Thinking of getting something like this for my guest bathroom. I hope I can find this kind of tile in singapore

bathroomtiles_zps2847e4b9.jpg

Blue/green subway tiles as the backsplash? I saw that too, along with grey ones. I liked them more than the white ones.