Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ladydr

Transforming Our Flat To Our Home

I m going to start my item hunting from next week onward. If I find the above tiles I will inform you guys.

Isn't it beautiful colour?

I was going through Taobao website again !!!!!!!!!!!! I am thinking of buying bathroom basin and taps from there. But confuse which forwarder to use - Peeka, 65daigou, Hoyoyo???

Any suggestions?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Finally decided on contractor.

Next step - start looking for tiles and accessories.

We were thinking of going to JB to look for tiles like so RT forum er did, but my hubby didn't like the idea. We will be heading down to JB over the weekend to look for lights.

I am going to start putting my reno photos soon.

Hi I am back.

Finally my reno is starting from tomorrow.

this weekend had been hectic one for us. We found temporary place to move (after searching for more than a month) and we move in this weekend. Sunday was final tile selection day plus we also bought Hob, hood and oven.

I didn't get much chance to do research on above items but I just went with my gut feeling and I liked the product. BTW I bought Techno Hob, Hood and Oven for 1330 $ from Ho Kee. I checked the price (after buying) with courts online and other websites, it seems reasonable.

I also kind of put deposit for Blanco Silgranit Kitchen Sink. I know the brand is good but I am not sure whether to buy granite sink or not. Guys Can you give me some idea?

So from tomorrow hacking going to start. I am very excited about it.

I will start uploading pictures from tomorrow onward and I am sure I am going to be regular in this forum from now on.

Hi, which ID did you choose? Will be fun! For how long will be u staying at your temp lodging?

U will be going to JB to get lights? Which shops? Hub worried abt security in JB and not keen to go..

Hi, which ID did you choose? Will be fun! For how long will be u staying at your temp lodging?

U will be going to JB to get lights? Which shops? Hub worried abt security in JB and not keen to go..

Our Contractor/ID is One stop builders http://www.facebook.com/OneStopBuilders

Our reno work is suppose to finish in 5-6 weeks time so we will stay till than. I am hoping to move to my place by end of June.

I haven't decided on shopping JB. My Aunt lives in JB so she will be the one who is going to help with JB shopping. I have yet to decide on that part. And I do't know which shops I will be going to. I will let u know once I decide on it.

I got my Hub from Ho Kee Genting road. Do ppl go to JB to buy Hub and Hood?

Are you planning to do your wardrobe like this? If yes, I will be so envious - it is like a dream wardrobe! I will definitely be very motivated to fill up all the holes and to keep it neatly organised always!

As a guy.. i also want this .. this is.. so AWESOME.

Day 1:

Hacking started.

My guest bathroom is 70 % hacked. Kitchen - 80 %, master bedroom 70%. Masterbathroom they haven't started yet.

Photo uploading starts from today. I am going to put some before hacking photos and photos I took today.

Very excited.

I was reading some t-blog today and realised I am one of the few who has been lucky. Till now we haven't had any issue with our reno - from selection of ID to selection of material. Start date we had to postpone for week because we couldn't find temp place. But now things are sailing smoothly.

Day 2 :

Hacking almost completed. I went down today after work to check and I was suprised to see that hacking and demolition work is almost completed.

Tomorrow we are meeting our contractor to discuss on size of window opening for kitchen. Once it is finalized they will start on tile work.

2 weeks into Reno and my contractor just manage to finish tiling master bathroom only.

I feel work is slow but my contractors says they are on schedule.

While my house is like war zone I m going out some furniture hunting.

Last week I went to expat auction house. I loved their stuff and good price. I bid for one key holder and won it. Woohoo.

I will post pic soon.

If guys want some traditional/ solid wood furniture you should go. Every auction they have different furnitures and accessories.

I will put more pics soon.