Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Boooing

Why Always Timber Or Laminated Flooring For Bedrooms?

Lol,I believe now in this era n age,consumers are much more intellectual and resourceful.They will know @ heart how to categorize floor types,a.k.a., in categories:-a) Tiles b) Vinyls c) Wood.Thanks to the education system locally/internationally.One click of the mouse,lo n behold,all information is on hand.But,for me i'll just go for the tried and tested.Can't imagine a composite or whatever it is called floor in my house.Can't take risks for experiment.Less,hv endless supplies of $$$,

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Golden question again;why always laminated or timber floorings in bedrooms?Well,to refresh netizens,these wooden floors are comfy and warm to the outlook.Laminated floors are coverings where you can simply overlay on top of practically any floor even surface.Economical,ecological and environment friendly,these floors do not emit the controversial toxins existent in vinyl or resilient floorings.Sure,they are not waterproof,but anyone with an IQ shd know these are wood based materials.With an array of colours to choose from,it makes perfect sense to incorporate these floors to the design sense layout.They are not the designers choice of floors for nothing.

Went through the recently concluded Dream Home exhibition @ Singapore Expo and found a few significant authentic Germany manufactured laminated flooring brands there,namely,Kronotex,Krono Original and Sensa.Each of them market out the standard bearer of laminate floors,AC3 - AC5 with warranties.Price is also attractive as I found its more cheaper than what the interior designers in the expo hall quote as well even though similar brands.Makes more sense to purchase direct,what with the economic crisis now looming.

Holy bird! your recreation room looks like a dinning room for pest now.

But seriously, it's unlikely that the fault originated from evorich or tarkett storage, otherwise there would have been tons of complaints by now.

There is a good possibility that the floor below the laminates is damp though, so you may want to investigate that.

Mr evofloor termiterich post and beedeos all disappeared! His termites must have followed him to renotalk, no wonder he was so hysterical :D

European/Germany Laminate Floors-A tried and tested product spanning over 2 decades,only floor material in the world with full fledged manufacturers warranties,eco friendly and maintenance free.How to ensure it's longevity?Maintenance,it's all about maintenance.Went to a relative house,floor's over almost 2 decades and still in good shape.And went to another,kids ri

For those who wants to have the feel of solid wood flooring and environmental friendly plus health benefits, there's actually a engineered wood flooring which i came to know about it recently. It is scratch, stain & termite resistant, no formaldehyde emission, easy to install (overlayed to existing flooring).

Definitely because of the natural, warm and cosy feel. Unless you wear shoes into your bedrooms, maintenance is not an issue at all. One advantage of timber/parquet flooring over laminated flooring or homogeneous tiles is that after many years, you can re-sand the floor and it is new again.

Agreed and disagreed regarding timber floors,whilst netizens allude the warmth and natural feel,timber is expensive.Laminated floors are the cheapest floors in town,good for overlaying,effectively saving cost.For the price of timber installation and resanding plus looking at the same floors for the next 2-3 decades,you could probably change laminated floor colors every 5-7 years at the cost of a timber floor.Laminated floors are for the masses,timber is for the rich,unfortunately.

I guess most of us who say "warmth and natural feel" are simply responding to the question as to why many people choose timber or wooden floors. If cost is the most important consideration, I would choose tiles.

I don't know if the technology has improved tremendously over the last one year, but so far I never have the solid feel walking on laminated flooring. There is this "hollow" feel. And quite often, you can actually feel the floor has warped. The worst case I saw in Taiwan was the entire floor in the sports section was undulating.

Although we always think we can just change the floor every few years, the reality is that we won't do it. Too troublesome. But tiles are practically for forever.

The statistics from www.eplf.com indicate a total sales volume of 460 million sq metres for 2012 world wide just solely for the 21 laminate floor European players in the world,not taking into account the laminate floors produced in China/N.America/Asean yet.That says a lot for the demand for laminate floors.Why?Simple reason,they came form sustainable forests.With wood in short supply and the world ozone layer getting thinner by the day,hollow is the last thing that cross netizens minds.That's the reasoning for the Saving Gaia initivative and Green Label initiatives by the local government.Hollow?we can live with it as long as the earth stays revolving.

I am quite certain that the vast majority of people who choose laminate flooring do so not because "they came from sustainable forests" but simply because they offer many designs, are easy to lay relatively inexpensive, and are suitable for their needs. Indeed, for the majority of commercial units, especially those on rental, laminated flooring makes sense. You are going to tear up the whole place anyway in a few years' time. However, different considerations may apply if this is your home and you intend to stay there for a long time.

I agree that timber or wooden floors are probably less environmentally friendly. In mitigation, I can only say that instead of ripping out the floor every few years (which you might do for laminated flooring), I did not rip out the wooden floors of my past three homes. In every case, I simply re-sanded the wooded flooring and it looked like new. Likewise, the person who bought from me also simply re-sanded the place. I should add that for my balcony, I used wood from www.accoya.com which claims to be from sutainable sources.

If one is truly concerned about the forest and the ozone layer, then you should not even use wood at all, whether from sustainable forests or not. You can always use wood-like tiles, which I did for my kitchen and yard. Or go with bare cement - that seems to be a design for some people.

Anyway, I appreciate that everyone has different needs and priorities, and that for some people laminated flooring may indeed be the best option.

Well said,'everybody have different needs and priorities'.Wood is naturally for wood lovers and for those who can't afford timber floors,laminate floors are the most economical and practical.On the contrary,there are numerous ppl who look at things differently.Tearing and re-renovating their laminate floors is a norm coz looking at the same old floor every decade is so boring.Concepts change every now and then and to have the same old look is too unimaginable for some ppl.its like akin to not painting your walls for the next 2-3 decades.Tiles?It's an omni present since donkey years which everybody knows about.There's a whole stretch of it along Balestier road.Everybody in Spore noes how tiles works,but it's not without it's disadvantages.It's too cold for ppl with rheumatism,slippery and a danger for children and old people.Ever been to hospital,to look at the fall risk case rates especially old ppl.Unsightly groutings?These are all norms which every netizens knows in Spore.But like what's been said,it serves different needs and priorities.The same goes for laminated floors.

Google search on term Laminate floor Singapore and found a no of flooring resellers/asset property?? selling laminate floors.What in the world has the industry become as such that even a property company is also selling floors.It must be the recent housing cooling measures.All in all,i will rather put my faith in direct importers of laminate floors as a product warranty coverage is at stake.I wun want to place my faith in properties/resellers firms coz it all sounds so insecure.

Warm is definitely one of the main considerations, the other thing is laminated flooring there is a wide range of selections plus alot cheaper and now its waterproofed thus commonly used.

Choosing the right color for your lamionatre flooring is important too.

This article might help:

http://www.laminate-flooring.com.sg/news/what-is-the-best-color-for-bedroom-laminate-flooring.html