Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kooky

K's Home

The master bedroom.

mbrc.jpg

We make a tab-on door to hide the window (which we aren't allowed to remove it!). If the aircon guy needs to access the condenser, he can just step-up on the laminate 'stool' which we built next to the TV console and tab on the tab-on door to get out.

tvconsolembr.jpg

accessdoor.jpg

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Blinds | Left-hand side - when it is closed. Right-hand side - when it is opened

blindsi.jpg

Sofa set and coffee table

livingroomj.jpg

Hi, HappyAng! We are indeed busy unpacking and think it would take us another week or so to fully unpacked all the boxes.

Climbing up and down the stairs are not so tiring as in our previous place, we climb daily.

The biggest challenge that we face now is that my girl is crying all nights and refuses to go down. She was only 8 months old when we moved to our previous rented place and now she is 22 months. She needs some time to settledown in our new home. I hope it will not take too long, or I will alway come to office with panda eyes!

Another few more weeks and your prince will arrive huh? Are you and your wifey feel the wait is tad too long? :)

Busy unpacking ur stuff? U feel tired after climbing up & walking down the stairs?

Hi, HappyAng! We are indeed busy unpacking and think it would take us another week or so to fully unpacked all the boxes.

Climbing up and down the stairs are not so tiring as in our previous place, we climb daily.

The biggest challenge that we face now is that my girl is crying all nights and refuses to go down. She was only 8 months old when we moved to our previous rented place and now she is 22 months. She needs some time to settledown in our new home. I hope it will not take too long, or I will alway come to office with panda eyes!

Another few more weeks and your prince will arrive huh? Are you and your wifey feel the wait is tad too long? :)

Oh.. so previously u stay in landed or walk-up apartment ah? Hope ur daughter will get use to the new place fast. Yes! Wifey & I are looking forward to little HappyAng's arrival. :sport-smiley-004: Wifey legs are swollen, so I ask her to hold the railing while walking up & down stairs..

u move to Mei Ling St while i'm moving out of Mei Ling St soon :P

red kitchen is not so bad afterall :thumbs up: , i dun have the courage to use such a color :lol:

HI momiji, we have big windows and the measurements for 2 of them (living area and service yard) are quite big, so the installer has to made 9 panels altogether. The cost for timber material is over $2k and the mechanism he uses are very easy to pull; almost effortless.

hi kooky, congrats on your new home :)

Possible to share the cost of your venetian blinds?

Thanks.

Yes, previously stayed in landed but because it is rented, I feel it's make more sense to stay in a place that's owned by us. Even though we are staying in a HDB flat now, it is still better than paying bank loan for the landlord.

Swollen legs can be unbearable. I was blessed that I didn't have this issue and no morning sickness thoroughout my pregnancy and was able to work until a day before I was admitted to the hospital to deliver my girl. Take good care of your wife, you guys are in the finishing lap and soon to see your precious prince.......hang on! :-)

Oh.. so previously u stay in landed or walk-up apartment ah? Hope ur daughter will get use to the new place fast. Yes! Wifey & I are looking forward to little HappyAng's arrival. :sport-smiley-004: Wifey legs are swollen, so I ask her to hold the railing while walking up & down stairs..

I have always stay in the South-west, even though I am now staying in Mei Ling St, my siblings and mum are saying that I am staying 'away' from them......LOL simply because the distance from my place to theirs is more than 2km away.

The laminate in the kitchen is the only place where we feel we should in-still some colours since the paint, wardrobes and most furniture that we had selected are pretty neutral colours (except black). We are not as daring; didn't choose chilli red or bright red, just burgundy colour which is easier to maintain than a white kitchen.

All the best to your reno journey :-)

u move to Mei Ling St while i'm moving out of Mei Ling St soon :P

red kitchen is not so bad afterall :thumbs up: , i dun have the courage to use such a color :lol:

Edited by kooky

Congrats on your move-in and Reno completion!! Now is the tiring task of unpacking. But it is all so worth it - to finally have your own house, a place to really call 'Home'.

Btw, love your Hansgrohe rain shower and your TV console looks really sleek. Awesome choices. And your use of burgundy for the kitchen. Very daring move. *thumbs up* I'm not so brave, so will stick with the traditional white.

Thanks for your best wishes and compliment, 3Dyms.

As an observation, I do noticed that many homeowners will choose the 'safe' colours as they are easier to match with furniture and these colours will not be outdated.

The husband and I could be the odd balls.......haha

Edit: to amend a mistake I have made! The shower I had installed is 'rain dance' shower....I am not sure if anyone would consider this as rainshower?!

Edited by kooky

The master bedroom.

mbrc.jpg

We make a tab-on door to hide the window (which we aren't allowed to remove it!). If the aircon guy needs to access the condenser, he can just step-up on the laminate 'stool' which we built next to the TV console and tab on the tab-on door to get out.

tvconsolembr.jpg

accessdoor.jpg

Interesting.....didnt realise the access route to the compressor is through this window. Is this common for all EMs in meiling street?

Frankly speaking, I can't confirm if this is common for all EMs here. However, I have noticed that 2 of my neighbours' access route are same as mine and didn't get to see the layout of the other neighbours yet.

Interesting.....didnt realise the access route to the compressor is through this window. Is this common for all EMs in meiling street?

Yes, previously stayed in landed but because it is rented, I feel it's make more sense to stay in a place that's owned by us. Even though we are staying in a HDB flat now, it is still better than paying bank loan for the landlord.

Swollen legs can be unbearable. I was blessed that I didn't have this issue and no morning sickness thoroughout my pregnancy and was able to work until a day before I was admitted to the hospital to deliver my girl. Take good care of your wife, you guys are in the finishing lap and soon to see your precious prince.......hang on! :-)

True. It's alway better to pay ur own mortgage then to help ur landlord pay their mortgage loan. Thanx thanx.. Can't wait to see little HappyAng soon. :dancingqueen: