Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kooky

K's Home

The dining area. The dining set is more than a year old but because the condition is still good, we keep it to save some cost.

diningbr.jpg

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Interesting.....didnt realise the access route to the compressor is through this window. Is this common for all EMs in meiling street?

Yes. Tho my maintenance ppl use the ladder instead cos we didn't install the compressors right outside the access window (and neither do most neighbours), so the usefulness of this window is iffy.

This afternoon the installers came to install the quartz top in the kitchen and breakfast bar counter. The tap in the kitchen sink is also installed.

Kitchen top & B/fast bar counter - image 1

bfastbarkitchentop.jpg

Kitchen top & B/fast bar counter - image 2

bfastkitchentop.jpg

Cooktop will be installed by tomorrow afternoon

Tap in the sink is installed.

kitchensink.jpg

View of the breakfast bar top from the living area

bfastbar.jpg

A few more pictures of my kitchen. It is about 90% completed but the glass panels are yet to be installed.

Image 1: where the cooktop, hood and fridge are placed

cooktop.jpg

Image 2: The wet area - kitchen sink is installed. The washer and dryer are placed in the yard too.

kitchensink.jpg

Image 3: view from the dry area into the wet area

kitchentop.jpg

Wow.... everything is almost qiqibaba. Kitchen look so neat, clean n organised. Thumbs up to ur Reno. :)

Xie Xie Ni, Potatoes :-)

The kitchen is neat and clean now cos we have not yet started cooking which usually will turn the kitchen into a warzone! LOL

The flat looks rather bare and need to spend the next couple of months acquiring some decorative stuff to make it looks more conducive.

Wow.... everything is almost qiqibaba. Kitchen look so neat, clean n organised. Thumbs up to ur Reno. :)

Welcome to the block.

In case you hv not explored the area... there is a hardware store near the 7-11 that sells lotsa useful stuff for the house. Went to buy random small household stuff the first few months pretty often. At the mkt the chicken rice, fishball noodles, herbal hor fun n lor mee is pretty good. Wanton mee at the blk 16x abit further away is also ok but waiting time is long. Chicken rice shop also near the old cinema along the row of shops - nt as good as market but hv aircon n round tables. There is also some famous juice place but nvr figure out where yet...

Further afield there is ABC Market and Alexandra Village to try.

adidaem, thanks for the warm welcome and friendly introduction of this neighbourhood!

I had tried the famous steam chicken rice stalk at blk 153. In fact, we go there for lunch very frequent as my husband love the chillies sauce and ginger paste to go with the chicken.

I had tried the Lor Mee last weekend with my sister and mum and indeed it's worth the queue.

There are a few fishball noodles stalls and we have yet to explore all of them to find out which is the one that suit our palate.As for the herbal hor fun, ermm......I didn't notice there is any. I will need to pay more attention next time when I am there again.

Hardware store near the 7-eleven, yes I do need to buy some more stuff and would be handy since the shop is just stone-throw away.

Have a pleasant Tuesday!

adidaem, thanks for the warm welcome and friendly introduction of this neighbourhood!

I had tried the famous steam chicken rice stalk at blk 153. In fact, we go there for lunch very frequent as my husband love the chillies sauce and ginger paste to go with the chicken.

I had tried the Lor Mee last weekend with my sister and mum and indeed it's worth the queue.

There are a few fishball noodles stalls and we have yet to explore all of them to find out which is the one that suit our palate.As for the herbal hor fun, ermm......I didn't notice there is any. I will need to pay more attention next time when I am there again.

Hardware store near the 7-eleven, yes I do need to buy some more stuff and would be handy since the shop is just stone-throw away.

Have a pleasant Tuesday!

There is only one famous one I think. The one formerly from Margaret Drive. Almost always long queue. On the right hand side when you come up from the escalator, can't miss it...

As for the herbal horfun, it's with the black signboard right at the end of the market near the exit to the MSCP. The uncle is really old (80s) so the stall is sometimes closed. Love it tho, and dunno where else to find something similar. Usually if they have stocks (some ingredients start to run out before 1 pm), I'll get the chicken, duck and pork ribs combo. Some customers love the chicken feet too judging by how many I see asking for them, but not something I have/would try...

Thanks for the direction! I will look for the herbal horfun next time when we visit the food centre! :-)

My little one whom I had just brought for 2nd haircut on Friday. She was wailing loudly and refused to let the kids' hairdresser to cut her hair, hence her fringe looks a bit strange......LOL. She had her 1st haircut when she was just 4.5 months old. She has the cheeky look - definitely a little rascal!

newhaircut2.jpg

There is only one famous one I think. The one formerly from Margaret Drive. Almost always long queue. On the right hand side when you come up from the escalator, can't miss it...

As for the herbal horfun, it's with the black signboard right at the end of the market near the exit to the MSCP. The uncle is really old (80s) so the stall is sometimes closed. Love it tho, and dunno where else to find something similar. Usually if they have stocks (some ingredients start to run out before 1 pm), I'll get the chicken, duck and pork ribs combo. Some customers love the chicken feet too judging by how many I see asking for them, but not something I have/would try...

Edited by kooky

HI momiji, we have big windows and the measurements for 2 of them (living area and service yard) are quite big, so the installer has to made 9 panels altogether. The cost for timber material is over $2k and the mechanism he uses are very easy to pull; almost effortless.

Hi Kooky, thanks for sharing the information. All the best in your new home! :)

Thank you and my pleasure to be able to help a little :-)

Hi Kooky, thanks for sharing the information. All the best in your new home! :)

Finally! All the accessories in the common toilet on the 1st floor is eventually installed. Yes, it takes a long time but then we only have the time to shop for these stuff after almost all the un-packing are done (80%!) .

Nothing fanciful or special in the fixtures and accessories as this toilet will usually be utilised by the maid most of the times, with visits by some visitors/guests; which will be minimum.

cbr1stflr.jpg