Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Himehime

Haulage And Debris Removal

Depends on what you need lor. If you need someone to design and plan your space, look for the ID and don't complain so much on the 'outsourcing'. Otherwise if you're able to supervise, space plan and come out with your own design, get a contractor. They'll just follow what you ask them to do.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

During my search for ID and contractor, a few also charged me about $1000 for haulage. Some asked me to deal with hdb appointed contractor which want to charge me $1200. I called YC a contractor recommended by a friend and i did not get charged for haulage since they have their own bangla workers and factory to do hacking, tiling, plumbing, carpentry, electrical and other workers. I guess the savings is to find such contractor who do everything themselves whilst ID outsourced everything.

Orh it's bad, how come your Id has such poor services?.. Nevertheless, for new HDB flats or BTO flats, HDB engage private sub contractors to handle selling of sands, haulage and debris services. It's cheaper because government had subsidize since sand pricing went rocket high those few years. Don't feel angry if your Id unable to explain or inform you about these.

Cheers!

It is precisely thses hdb appointed contractors that put up such high prices after bidding high prices to ge the sand, debris clearing contract from hdb, so they need to recover their costs! Imagine you do only kitchen base, you probably use less than half of a big bag of sand costing about $50 a full bag. Add a few bags of $6 a bag of cement which your ID or wet works contractor pays, and these hdb contractor just them up only and clear the balance materials after completion and they charged you $900. It is not cheaper and your government did not subsidised your sand. Why some id dont care or keep quiet before you sign on the reno contract for such small jobs? It is because there is no hacking and their hacking contractor covers sand and haulage. So for haulage, they would have to engage their hacking company to make several trips to bring up materials, provide sand, clear debris and it cost them money, so they simply dont tell the owner first or say hdb regulations, haulage and sand must be provided by hdb appointed contractor on the notice at the lift which is a lie. And passed this $900 costs to the innocent house owners who have to pay a lot more. So go with contractors that does their own hacking and wet works with own workers to avoid these high hidden costs. If you cannot find such contractor, pm me.

Orh it's bad, how come your Id has such poor services?.. Nevertheless, for new HDB flats or BTO flats, HDB engage private sub contractors to handle selling of sands, haulage and debris services. It's cheaper because government had subsidize since sand pricing went rocket high those few years. Don't feel angry if your Id unable to explain or inform you about these.

Cheers!

if you are renovating your new BTO, there will be a list of numbers (usually pasted at lift lobby or even inside the lifts) for you to call for sand and haulage. u can always call and check for the price and also their scope of work provided.

Edited by xray

Hi

Coincidentally I am also quoted the same too for my upcoming new BTO flat. Not sure what is the correct procedure.

Appreciate any advice.

I have written to Town Council. Will update once I get their reply.

Hi, I have been sourcing for contractors/id for my new flat. A contractor who is highly recommended in this forum quoted me $900 for haulage and debris removal. When I queried why was it so expensive, his email reply was "it best u can call up HDB to find out out yourself, unless yr r laying lamainted floor or prquet for whole unit, Then you can ask HDN to uplaod the sand and cement materials for u , Because HDB provide free cement screening for New BTO flat". I would like to know should I really be doing this? Ain't contractor suppose to liaise with HDB on my behalf? Any advice is much appreciated.