Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ptww85

Voila Design Pte Ltd

Hi Nuclear.

I took their $9,888 package for BTO also.

So far, no hidden costs, Peter was clear to indictate clearly the terms n conditions.

Best is no 7% GST.

But we added quite a lot more items like the additional partition room with White Brick effect wall, PD door ( we needed an additional Study Room )

Also added a Bookcase and False Celling

As of now with the additions, my reno cost is about $11K.

My ID also told me to set aside the budget for buying Lights/ Kitchen appliances- hood & Hob / oven/ curtain etc

Also approx $2k for electric works...

From what i see, he is very upfront about all the costs.

Havent get any notice yet from HDB about keys collection,

Why so long? Can't wait!!

Hop e to start reno asap, will update about workmanship after reno starts.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi Oneofakind.

Yep.. iam doing industrial theme.

but i highlighted to my ID that i don't want the design to be overly "industrial", otherwise will be too cold....

He added touches of cosyiness by introducing some very nice wood grains laminate textures for the rest of carpentry....

Hi Hi.

anyone signed wif Voila on their $9,888 new BTO package?

My wife and I passed by their showroom last weeking when we went dinner at SUshi TEi...went in cos we like their showroom design theme... the id recommended their BTO package to us.

Seems reasonable price.

Any review on this package? Any hidden cost?

Hi all,

I confirmed my renovation with voila design end feb this year for my 5 room new flat. Yet to start as i haven't get hold of my keys yet. Recently, just got the 3d drawing from my I D peter.

see my 3D:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/zrgx08azd1hyax1/T5frDT7dLp

Any comments about my house design?

I can't wait to get started for my renovations....!

Hi

You are doing Industrial theme? :)

I met up with them before and have not get back to them on my decision, most likely will drop them.

i would say that their quotation are quite reasonable and its in the middle range as i compared with other IDs.

The reasons that Viola is not shortlisted in our list are due to several reasons, i find that the ID not so much on designing background but more on Sales & Site Coordination, i believe they have another person to do the 3D drawing and designing of layout. As what we have observed, when some questions was asked, the ID was unable to answer immediately as he needs to check with his carpenter etc.

When we requested to view his current projects, the ID doesnt seems enthusiastic to arrange and replied that we do not like such theme or giving excuses like those are big houses and condos and is not BTOs..... Although he did mentioned that he will check with his colleagues to see if they have any similar project on hand but the ID didnt get back to us on this.

I saw that Viola portfolio are doing alot of resale HDB eg. 5rooms, EA, private condo and bungalows so if you are looking for 3 or 4 rooms BTO renovation, i think there are not much works to see...

All these informations are based on my personal opinion, its better that to meet up with them and discuss further, best is can view their completion projects to see the workmanship. Its also based on your chemistry with the ID etc as part of the considerations.

Hi There! Voila is doing my 5 room BTO renovation now... I got a thread at T-blog but I really got no time to update..

just a pic to show for now..

DSC_0031.jpg

I met up with them before and have not get back to them on my decision, most likely will drop them.

i would say that their quotation are quite reasonable and its in the middle range as i compared with other IDs.

The reasons that Viola is not shortlisted in our list are due to several reasons, i find that the ID not so much on designing background but more on Sales & Site Coordination, i believe they have another person to do the 3D drawing and designing of layout. As what we have observed, when some questions was asked, the ID was unable to answer immediately as he needs to check with his carpenter etc.

When we requested to view his current projects, the ID doesnt seems enthusiastic to arrange and replied that we do not like such theme or giving excuses like those are big houses and condos and is not BTOs..... Although he did mentioned that he will check with his colleagues to see if they have any similar project on hand but the ID didnt get back to us on this.

I saw that Viola portfolio are doing alot of resale HDB eg. 5rooms, EA, private condo and bungalows so if you are looking for 3 or 4 rooms BTO renovation, i think there are not much works to see...

All these informations are based on my personal opinion, its better that to meet up with them and discuss further, best is can view their completion projects to see the workmanship. Its also based on your chemistry with the ID etc as part of the considerations.

Edited by crayon05

Hi,

Am thinking of signing with Voila for my ID for my new BTO. I hear many people saying good things about them here. Any one has photos of their completed homes to share? :)

Appreciate it much!

Hey all!

Its been so long since I log in... haf been busy wif my moving in...

Just some updates...

My reno works took exactly 9 weeks....

I was able to move in on the 8th week, after we moved in, there was some minor touchup here and there....

I must really give credits to my ids, Peter and Loy, and the team of Voila's workers.

I really see that they put in the efforts to rush my house reno works so I can move-in in time. ( if not I will be sleeping in the streets cos my buyer wasn't willing to extend my handover date!!!!)

Many days I see the workers working til late and even works on sundays.

My verdict:

Time schedule: on time *true to my ids' promise

Workmanship: not perfect but has got showroom quality....

Cost: on budget...

Design: Lovely!

* see my 3Ds...

http://s1315.photobucket.com/user/lordvader0088/library/

Will take some actual photos when my family have finished unpacking....

Edited by LordVader

Hi Hanafi.

Thanks for your advise.

I ultimately confirmed my reno wif Voila.

initially Voila's quotation was $2k more than the other contractor, but my ID Peter went through the list of works with me in details and upon comparison, we found out the other contractor has left out many items which Peter highlighted to me are necessary reno costings which are hidden.

Examples my ID quoted are:

- missing haulage and debris clearance $500

- short of tall kitchen cabinet ( for built in oven cabinet unit) $ 700

- paper protection for flooring $200

- new stainless chute $200

- upgrade to iQuartz kitchen top from solid surface $800

So actually if I compare apple to apple & orange to orange, the other contractor is more expensive!! And he seems not confident in completion with 8 weeks!

Now, I am waiting for my ID to show me my 3D drawings, hope it will be beautiful and as what i always imagine my dream home to be... :rolleyes:

Ah... Peter!

Nice chap and very patient.

Didn't go with Voila at the end due to some personal reasons.

Good luck on your reno! :good:

We signed voila 3 months back and our reno is approaching the end.. Shall let you guys know my feedback after everything is done! Hope everything will b smoothsailing to the end