Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
monk8

My Minimalist Resale Home

yesterday went down in the morning to inspect the rectification works.

Tiler was there to change the 3 chipped tiles..really dusty..

Tile lines are whiten up for those that are yellowish..

The plumbers were surprisely able to make it Monday!

Great, can fixed the leaking shower heads and fixed up all items that needed to be installed.

Left early afternoon to let them work as it is very dusty due to changing of the chipped tiles.

Came back in the evening to see the outcome....

NIce! tiles was changed very nicely anf neat!

Then came the bad news! :angry2:

I found out another tile in the living room chipped with an even bigger hole!! :angry2::jawdrop:

what the **** happened?!! and there was an attempt to patch it wuth white cement but it is soooo obvious!!

took a pic and send to ID...

He was surprised but knew it had to be changed as it was very obvious...

can't they be more careful with their bag/ box of tools....a bit heartache to have to change another tile!!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

today, went down around noon as that's when the tiler will come back to change the chipped tile from monday...

dusty as well but not that bad compared to monday..was changed in an hour or so...

woodworks came to install 2 of the cabinet doors...wrong size!!

alamak!! didnt they measure??

sigh...said they will come back on Saturday instead...

why Saturday!! why not tomm since it's their fault for not measuring correctly.... :angry2:

now left the glassworks, polishing of the newly cemented tiles and washing up...all scheduled for tomm...

cross fingers and hope for smooth day tomm. :good:

Hope your tiles and woodworks all come together nicely. I've been worrying about my own so I can really feel your pain. Good luck!

Hope your tiles and woodworks all come together nicely. I've been worrying about my own so I can really feel your pain. Good luck!

thanks but it's really tough!

you will see why at my next post... :curse::help:

day 3 of rectification week...

what a day!

went down in the morning so that i could monitor the glassworks...just in case they scratch or chip any more tiles.

turn up they coming in the afternoon....

so waiting in the empty house while the polishing guy patched up the lines for the 2 replaced tiles, i decided to check on the floor again....

what a shocker!!!:curse::jawdrop:

i found a tile right in the middle of the living room with a crackline right down the middle of the tile!!

i dont understand...i have checked the whole room for days tile by tile, i couldnt have missed that line....

pointed out to ID, he suggested to polished it first, could be a surface crack.....okie if you say so but i highly doubt it given how the crack felt when i ran my finger thru it....sigh....

just in case, i do another 1-2 rounds of checking of the living room floor again...everything looks okie excpet for that piece..

end of the day, he called and said he will have it changed tomm...

went down after work to have a check on the glassworks.

glass door for the kitchen is fixed, yard door is adjusted...not bad..

common bathroom glass door is chipped...sigh...was promised a replacement next week... sigh...

then before leaving the place, decided to have another round of checks on the living room again...dont know why..but just a feeling to check again...

and what a BOMB!!!! :jawdrop:

there is another crack on another tile!!!:curse:

what the **** is happening...

I'm having compressed marble for living room...i called up Hafary and was told that compressed marble dont crack at all.

does anyone here has reno with compressed marble??

how can cracks start to appear as and when?

i checked in the morning and i definitely didnt see this crack..no way i missed it with all the lights on and the crackline is yellowish in color...

very upsetting...everything almost done and yet the tiles start to have issues...after 7 weeks!! :angry2::curse:

Edited by monk8

it had been a long week after the rectification....a week of re-checks again to get everything correct...sigh

after replacing the 2 cracked tiles, the polishing is not up to standard so we requested for another round.

we finally had the remaining 2 glass doors fixed up but when we checked all glass doors again...we discovered some lines on 1 glass door...sigh...why they so careless?? :angry2:

still dont know whether to change or not as we have been changing 3 out of 5 doors liao...

the glass guys created some marks on the panquet so have to get the panquet guy to come in again to re-vanish.....hence the headaches whether to change or not....

after everything is done on thursday, we checked and we still need the floor polishing guy to come in again to touch-up the 2 tiles...and we still have the woodworks guy yet to seal up the wardribes with silicon....

it's going into week 13 next week....really hope these last remaining issues get completed....soooo tired mentally and physical...

Finally, everything is done up and completed on 3 june monday... :good:

what a long 12 weeks...a delay of 2 weeks...due to many many rectification works.

will post up the completed pics later..

yeah~~~ congratulations on your finished new house!

cant wait to see all the completed pictures!

waiting waiting~

hah ya ku~

thanks!

here's the pictures.

so in the end, r u recommending this ID?

seems like .. er

i wont consider using them..

so in the end, would i recommend my ID?

I guess it's not a 100% yes....it will depend on what you are renovating.

If you are just having your wardrobes and cabinets made for your new home with all the flooring done for the living, dining, kitchen, bedrooms and toliets...then i wouldnt recommend my ID to you.

to be fair, it's not his fault but his carpenters are really not that good...it could be instructions not communicated properly or whatever...you need to be able to check and monitor daily for the duration when they are installing your cabinets and wardrobes. if you can't do that, i will suggest you look at my list of IDs (beginning of this blog) and go with A.Home.Story.

we did monitor daily..thanks to my parents...and managed to get most of the mistakes corrected...

I cannot imagine if you let them completed everything and you discovered it too late.

however, if you are renovating whole place with hacking and new floorings.

I will recommend my ID....his tilers are really good and they took the initiative to improve on the presentation and laying of the tiles.....and he does response promptly to my calls and texts....that is very important...which you will discover why when getting quotations from various IDs.

only minus is that you have to monitor the woodworks.

overall, not too bad...you can safely go with my top 3 choices (ideal house, ahomestory and touchless)...depending on what you are seeking...quotation/ budget? carpentry? flooring? etc....

good luck on your search for your ID...

Edited by monk8