Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
monk8

My Minimalist Resale Home

I love your cove lights..!
Could you please share the colour of the lightbulb used for the T5? (If you know..)

Warm White/Cool White/Daylight? 3000K/4000K/6500K?

I'm in this huge dilemma regarding the light colour for my cove lighting :(

Thanks so much!

living room with cove lights

021_zps1b447dc2.jpg

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I love your cove lights..!

Could you please share the colour of the lightbulb used for the T5? (If you know..)

Warm White/Cool White/Daylight? 3000K/4000K/6500K?

I'm in this huge dilemma regarding the light colour for my cove lighting :(

Thanks so much!

it's warm white for T5. (i use philips brand and all 4ft T5s, was told different brands, color might be different..dont know how true.)

was told that cove lights normally use warm white.

cannot use cool white and daylight is super glaring...not suitable for cove lights.

also cannot use "warm" which is yellow lights

i use cool white for my downlights.

019_zps26cd432c.jpg

Edited by monk8

Thanks for the reply :)

Your house is so bright and nice! Are you worried about the electricity bills with the number of lights you have?

Wah, didn't know there is a difference with Warm White and Warm.....

My dilemma continues further :o

it's warm white for T5. (i use philips brand and all 4ft T5s, was told different brands, color might be different..dont know how true.)

was told that cove lights normally use warm white.

cannot use cool white and daylight is super glaring...not suitable for cove lights.

also cannot use "warm" which is yellow lights

i use cool white for my downlights.

Thanks for the reply :)

Your house is so bright and nice! Are you worried about the electricity bills with the number of lights you have?

Wah, didn't know there is a difference with Warm White and Warm.....

My dilemma continues further :o

no prob.

yes, do realise the living room is very bright hence dont think will switch on all the downlights..should be using cove lights more.

haha...yes i do think about the electricity bills but i bought LEDs for downlights for the living room, ktichen, bedrooms and bathrooms so power consumption will be low..

there are 4 types....daylight, cool white, warm white and warm...learnt about these while light-shopping...shopped until see stars....

you can go into any shops selling T5s and ask about the colors....daylight is super glaring and warm is very yellow.

Looks great! Can't wait to see ur furnishings!

thanks!

i dont have much furnishings....only a dining table/ chairs and a sofa....have yet to decide whether to add a coffee table...

it's been a busy week of furniture deliveries.

I didnt expect furniture deliveries could be this tricky and headaches as well!! :angry2:

went searching for sockets and light switches...

the variety are only 2-3 brands...

Hager brand

076_zpsa2981166.jpg

078_zps5d595dd3.jpg

Legrand

079_zps2956e14c.jpg

A comparison...

077_zpsff667991.jpg

in the end, use neither....went with schneider instead...as recommended by ID and he said it will look nice and sleek....

Hi

May I know where can I get those switches? Oso u mentioned u gotten schneider. Possible to show the photo of the schneider switch tat u use and how much.

THk u v much.

Mon

Beds & mattresses - there has been a mistake made and the beds and mattresses are not in Singapore yet!

so upset! wasted a day waiting for nothing....the manager and owner apologised repeatedly...promised delivery next monday...

guess i will see how next monday goes first before final comments.

Tues

Sofa - good. on time and fast...no damages to walls and floor...the delivery guys are very careful.

Wed

Dining table - major headaches...am not expecting this from a company like this and it's not cheap!! (even after discount)

very very upset!!!:curse:

I will post more more later by itself so that fellow members/ readers can watch out.

Thurs

curtains - very pleased with the curtains and rod installation. clean and careful with the walls and floors. I ordered mine from Miki curtains from JB...anyone keen can let me know.... :good:

ikea - delivery and assemble went well but 1 delivery guy is extremely fast and not so careful...have to keep telling him to be careful and slower....but overall not bad....

bought a book cabinet, study table, chair and sofa bed...

and shoe cabinets which I planning to sell...wrong size..sigh...anyone interested? fully assembled by ikea and brand new...i can let go cheaper if anyone wants to take both, delivery not provided.

Hi

May I know where can I get those switches? Oso u mentioned u gotten schneider. Possible to show the photo of the schneider switch tat u use and how much.

THk u v much.

I went to CCM (www.ccm.sg) they have many branches and the staffs there very helpful.

As for my schneider switch, ccm (the branch i went to) dont have the one i have installed as they are purchased by the ID & his electrician.

037_zpsaa81c7c0.jpg

my dining table issue

I purchased the dining table from AIR....the one at wilkie road.

it's a white marble top with walnut solid wood legs.

050_zpsbf4f542d.jpg

I waited 2 months for the marble top to be shipped in from greece since the display piece has yellow cracklines.

on the day of delivery, this is what was delivered.

010_zps59700879.jpg

what a shocker as the color and lines are all totally wrong.

called up and complained to reject.

then they told me the white marble i saw was no longer available hence this is the new batch of "white" marble.....wow...no longer avail but didnt think of informing the customer! :curse: and just delivered any piece?!!

they offered me an alternative by asking if i'm interested in another diff piece of marble top that is tapered instead...

no harm looking as we are all very upset and pissed....went down to the warehouse today to look.

the piece they showed us is really white but with a cluster of grey patch in a corner....not too bad it seems until we looked closer...it's full of tiny sand grains holes!!! what the ****!!:curse:

who will want to purchase a dining table with holes even if it's natural....whatever sauce and curry in these holes will never be able to clean since they are so small and many....

we asked if there is any more pieces to select....the manager said there is still 1 piece but reserved for by customer who they have yet to deliver......so it's for a customer then who are we?? are we not customer as well??!!!! :angry2:

in the end, we asked for a full refund which they agreed but only end of the month!

we are very upset over this incident....as we waited so long for this table and when it's due for delivery, this sh*t happened.

frankly speaking, for a company like AIR who sells expensive designer furniture, i would expect more QC and quality...

if you know the available of the material is in question, have to inform customer to see if he/ she is willing to accept.

this is totally unacceptable!! and to think they have 4 months to check and ensure.

so for all who are interested in purchasing from AIR, just be careful and take picture of the items you purchased and ensure it's of the same quality.....if you must, just state this white marble incident to the staff at wilkie road to remind them not to play around with your purchases.

Now we are without a dining table and have to run around searching for one since we are moving in and having open house.

Edited by monk8

Wah that is really terrible! We had a bad experience too Long time ago when we bought our table from thelifeshop. The table was supposed to be one big piece of wood but when it was delivered it was 2 separate pieces! Read about other furniture retailers too and they don't seem very good too. Can u try asking for a full refund and get your table from elsewhere?

Wah that is really terrible! We had a bad experience too Long time ago when we bought our table from thelifeshop. The table was supposed to be one big piece of wood but when it was delivered it was 2 separate pieces! Read about other furniture retailers too and they don't seem very good too. Can u try asking for a full refund and get your table from elsewhere?

i did ask for a full refund and they agreed but can only refund end of the month...am worried if they will go back on their words (dont want to end up with 2 tables) while i am searching for another table to be delivered by next week....which is tough as most shops need 2 weeks to delivery....

they really make it unpleasant for us who is looking forward to having that white marble table in the new house..

and given us such a short time frame to go search for another table!!

just a warning when purchasing from AIR...even a company like that can behave as such...reputation is taking a dive...

i know not everyone will get this unfortunate incident but just take pictures of the items purchase and stress on the quality...no one wants to receive an item which is totally different from what you bought...that's unprofessional of the business.

i did ask for a full refund and they agreed but can only refund end of the month...am worried if they will go back on their words (dont want to end up with 2 tables) while i am searching for another table to be delivered by next week....which is tough as most shops need 2 weeks to delivery....

they really make it unpleasant for us who is looking forward to having that white marble table in the new house..

and given us such a short time frame to go search for another table!!

just a warning when purchasing from AIR...even a company like that can behave as such...reputation is taking a dive...

i know not everyone will get this unfortunate incident but just take pictures of the items purchase and stress on the quality...no one wants to receive an item which is totally different from what you bought...that's unprofessional of the business.

Remember to have it put in writing. Very important just in case. Also, do note down the name of theperson that you dealt with.