Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Allo

Greycat & Brownmse New Hme

that is signature...

u have to go profile and edit and add a signature...

married life is good.. quite lazy and stay at home most of the time... getting things organized and lifestyle change.. but one thing is good that i have someone to play online game together with me!! :thumbs up:

:) some of my friends asking how come both dont share pc.. i tell them i cant live with using his pc.. every setting is different :)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
that is signature...

u have to go profile and edit and add a signature...

married life is good.. quite lazy and stay at home most of the time... getting things organized and lifestyle change.. but one thing is good that i have someone to play online game together with me!! :bangwall:

:D some of my friends asking how come both dont share pc.. i tell them i cant live with using his pc.. every setting is different :D

Thanks thanks for e tip! :)

so u online gamer siah....happening odie :P

Guess married life is veli different bah......

me n Brownmse too poor, planng to shr 1 comp lah, but I thk he will b using it mostly while I hog my TV (korean drama series!!!! hehehehe)

So u got rom but nt married (AD) yet rite?

hahaha.. yup yup!! 2 rain shower sets r KrisRoz.. almost wanted to get the same for the sink Tap.. cos got KRIS on the tap.. haha but in the end we paid ard $210 for the Blanco tap to go with the sink !!

The sales rep at PS HoeKee is friendly and know the stuff well. Even my hubby commented so..

Hihi Kris, Blanco sink pretty gd quality rite? I went to IMM on Sunday n checkd out HoeKee, SSC, Asia Excel etc... Seems dat Hoe Kee got the best combi of selection, sales scvs, advice :bangwall:

:bangwall:

just had been playing game since young so its a habit to play online games even now :D hee hee

married life is different.. a lot of things must consider and plan carefully... not easy... but we are happy with what we have now.. after going through all the hassle and reno and settling down.. its a sigh of relief.. :P

yeah AD not plan yet so now just enjoying life first :)

I had different experience when i went there.. Ho Bee sales man was hovering like an eagle, while SSC didnt even bother at all.. Only AE was very patience with us and we went in and other three of the shops many times.. until settle our items with Ricky... hahahaha :D

i guess everyone have different experience with service.. !!

Hihi Odie! How's married life coming along? Wah...ur blog many many pages...after missing reading your blog for 3weeks, I dunno wer to start, ehehhe :bangwall:

Harlow Allo, my fren recommended her contractor to me, trying to meet up nxt wk so no quote yet.

Any contractor to gai-siao? I wld like to get 2-3 contractors to compare quotes actualli.... !!

Btw, how do u guys put the list of things (ur sign-off)? eg everytime u post a reply, there wld be a list stating ur ID, what u bght etc......

tech-blur Greycat :D

Hi Allo,

I got a recommendatn frm a fren, will b meeting contractor weekend bah....

U got any recommendatns? I wan to meet 2-3 to compare quotes actuali... :D

Lookg ard nw so we can gif the correct specs to the contractor n buy once we start work....

Hi Greycat, Im using ID now, no experience with contractors. So cant help u. My ID quotation is $27.5K with quite a fair bit of carpentry, inclusive light pts and window grilles. If u keen on getting quote from ID, and u think my costings is reasonably ok, I can intro my ID to u. :P

which model did you buy for the rainshower ? :huh:

hmm.. they called it the spiderman shower head..

haha.. i think i looked kinda like octapus :bangwall: that set I'm gg to place it in my MBR toilet. Cost $299

the other one is jus the simple and vintage looking shower head.. cost $139 excluding shower mixer.

Hihi Kris, Blanco sink pretty gd quality rite? I went to IMM on Sunday n checkd out HoeKee, SSC, Asia Excel etc... Seems dat Hoe Kee got the best combi of selection, sales scvs, advice :bangwall:

Only the Blanco sink at HoeKee caught my eyes.. nice look with good quality (scratch resistant) and nice for my pocket as well. :huh:

hmm.. they called it the spiderman shower head..

haha.. i think i looked kinda like octapus :P that set I'm gg to place it in my MBR toilet. Cost $299

the other one is jus the simple and vintage looking shower head.. cost $139 excluding shower mixer.

Ooh spiderman showerhead...I thk I noe which one liao.....hee :D

Hi Greycat, Im using ID now, no experience with contractors. So cant help u. My ID quotation is $27.5K with quite a fair bit of carpentry, inclusive light pts and window grilles. If u keen on getting quote from ID, and u think my costings is reasonably ok, I can intro my ID to u. :)

Hihi Allo,

Thanks for the offer but dun thk we can afford an ID.....

me n Brownmse r the ID...we been tryg to use Google Sketch to draw our 3-D picture :thumbs up:

feeble attempt....hehehe :P

plus, we haf put in too much hardwork to start gettg an ID nw..... :dancingqueen:

Hihi Allo,

Thanks for the offer but dun thk we can afford an ID.....

me n Brownmse r the ID...we been tryg to use Google Sketch to draw our 3-D picture :thumbs up:

feeble attempt....hehehe :D

plus, we haf put in too much hardwork to start gettg an ID nw..... :dancingqueen:

Oh ok, no problem.

What ur budget to hire contractor then?

Oh ok, no problem.

What ur budget to hire contractor then?

Din reali set budget but did a guestimate based on what we need bah.....

Ours is nt premium, EA unit so haf to do frm scratch....

Things to b done:

Homogeneous tiling for hse + kichen + MBR + scvs balcony + bomb shelter

Wooden laminate for study corner + 2 bedrm

Paintg 4 whole hse

kitchen cabinet

Installatn works

Hack dwn half a wall

Change 3 rm doors

1 glass door (2m wide) for my study corner

1 glass door for my link frm MBR to WIW

Change 2 doors for the toilets

Less than 20K u thk reasonable (mabbe include jat-pat-lang items)? :notti: i hafnt check out e px yet for the flooring n kitchen...... :deal:

Sme other things I plan to do separately (get separate contractors):

1) Spray eggshell for existing wall-tiles, aka my ugly kitchen tiles n ugly bathrm tiles

2) air-con

3) Install living room panaromic windows + kitchen windows

4) wallpaper frm goodrich for studycorner + mabbe a small wall frm living rm

Dats abt it i thk.....wah list looks long liao.....

I hope Brownmse bothers to read the blog n rem his to-do lists....sigh :dancingqueen:

Ur quote is missing plumber works. Do u have intention to conceal the bomb shelter entrance?

Oh, if u can achieve less than $20K for those u stated, then i will be so angry with myself, why i dun go for Contractors instead? :deal: Me dun have good design sense, thats y have to spend more $$ to let ID headache for me.

I dont have wall papers, sin change the doors, din buy new doors; have some hacking, did grilles for whole unit(bobian), window for s.balcony, fair bit of carpentry works & haulage blah blah blah, add up to be $27.5k le.

Better dun go think abt it.... getting poorer. :notti:

Ur quote is missing plumber works. Do u have intention to conceal the bomb shelter entrance?

Oh, if u can achieve less than $20K for those u stated, then i will be so angry with myself, why i dun go for Contractors instead? 8| Me dun have good design sense, thats y have to spend more $$ to let ID headache for me.

I dont have wall papers, sin change the doors, din buy new doors; have some hacking, did grilles for whole unit(bobian), window for s.balcony, fair bit of carpentry works & haulage blah blah blah, add up to be $27.5k le.

Better dun go think abt it.... getting poorer. :deal:

yah, plumbing works...dats the jat-pat-lang category? hhehehee..... :horse:

Hw u define plumbing works or wat type of plumbg works do u haf to carry out huh? Just curious?

We thkg of chg the MBR tam-pui (toilet bowl) n sink lah...(ownself buy for contractor to install) but dun plan to chg the location pts...dun need to do waterproofing cuz nt hackg e toilet tiles...

In fact, e toilet + MBR + WIW is our main headache bah...tryg to reconcile desire n need hehehe :notti:

Wantd to do a dry toilet outside wan...but veli hard le... 8|

U did flooring n kitchen?

Also thkg abt concealg bomb shelter door nw (its the location for our dining table...), but no fantastic idea yet :dancingqueen:

Contractor is always cheaper than ID bah....cuz ID help u coordinate n buy thgs n draw etc....

Harlow Greycat!!

heehee, me is Ah-Der...now in office typing this to u....

see dat u are tinking abt the rain shower issue so i decided to drop a comment or two.

for me, i wanted to get rain shower too cause machiam hotel bathroom.

when i went to buy, the lady and my contractor say get rain shower must also buy storage heater. instant heater wont have the power for the water.

then the qns came: how much $$$?? my contractor qouted me ard 1k (include: storage heater, rain shower, mixer, hot and cold water piping, installation and plumbing works) not expensive, but since a instant heater only cost $100+, we chose instant heater.

also, storage heater takes up a lot of electricity consumption. and need extra cost cause got plumbing works invloved to run the hot and cold pipes.

the main thing that i decided against it was cause the water power may not be strong. cause we are staying in HDB, the lower the level, the lesser the water power. for those folks on the top level are at advanatge due to the water tank just above them. I am staying at 9th floor, but my blk has 30 levels. so its relatively low.

my reno is finishing end of april...u can come my hse see see look look.

my contractor is charging me $19800 for:

hacking of floor titles except bathroom

laying of homo (hall)

laying of parquet (3 bedrooms)

laying of ceremic for kitchen

remove kitchen sink support (resale flat)

kitchen cabinets (cant rem the length..but its long)

full height 7 feet wardrobe at MBR

shower screen and kerb at MBR toilet

vanity top at MBR toilet

full ht mirror in front of vanity top

full height feature wall (i forgot the size, but its rather big abt one whole wall)

painting using Nippon Easywash

chemical washing

1 toilet bowl

2 sets of bathroom accessories

removal of window grilles

(shld be abt it... sorry always forgot to pass u my qoutation, so got to type here)

in addition, i spent $3900 on aircons (HongTar, ME Starmex Inverter)

my lights are done FOC by FIL (cause no lighting points needed)

oops, pasiei..got carried away and type so much... sorry... :notti:

when i free,i post some photos for u to see here...

we are shopping every weekend for furniture and hsehld stuff and the damage is :deal:

plumber works shld be:

labour to replace and install toilet bowl, toilet basin c/w drainage; labour to install heater, kithchen sink & tapc/w drainage, washing machine in/outlet piping etc etc... and add on if u r changing the piping to copper or s/s.