Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Allo

Greycat & Brownmse New Hme

Harlow Greycat!!

heehee, me is Ah-Der...now in office typing this to u....

see dat u are tinking abt the rain shower issue so i decided to drop a comment or two.

for me, i wanted to get rain shower too cause machiam hotel bathroom.

when i went to buy, the lady and my contractor say get rain shower must also buy storage heater. instant heater wont have the power for the water.

then the qns came: how much $$$?? my contractor qouted me ard 1k (include: storage heater, rain shower, mixer, hot and cold water piping, installation and plumbing works) not expensive, but since a instant heater only cost $100+, we chose instant heater.

also, storage heater takes up a lot of electricity consumption. and need extra cost cause got plumbing works invloved to run the hot and cold pipes.

the main thing that i decided against it was cause the water power may not be strong. cause we are staying in HDB, the lower the level, the lesser the water power. for those folks on the top level are at advanatge due to the water tank just above them. I am staying at 9th floor, but my blk has 30 levels. so its relatively low.

my reno is finishing end of april...u can come my hse see see look look.

my contractor is charging me $19800 for:

hacking of floor titles except bathroom

laying of homo (hall)

laying of parquet (3 bedrooms)

laying of ceremic for kitchen

remove kitchen sink support (resale flat)

kitchen cabinets (cant rem the length..but its long)

full height 7 feet wardrobe at MBR

shower screen and kerb at MBR toilet

vanity top at MBR toilet

full ht mirror in front of vanity top

full height feature wall (i forgot the size, but its rather big abt one whole wall)

painting using Nippon Easywash

chemical washing

1 toilet bowl

2 sets of bathroom accessories

removal of window grilles

(shld be abt it... sorry always forgot to pass u my qoutation, so got to type here)

in addition, i spent $3900 on aircons (HongTar, ME Starmex Inverter)

my lights are done FOC by FIL (cause no lighting points needed)

oops, pasiei..got carried away and type so much... sorry... :deal:

when i free,i post some photos for u to see here...

we are shopping every weekend for furniture and hsehld stuff and the damage is :horse:

hahaha Thank you ah Der!:dancingqueen:!

yah, I agar-agar 20K, thk mabbe will cost a bit more than ur quote bah cuz floor area slightly bigger

I oso doing those items that u mentioned! (except I dun need to hack the existing floor tiles cuz its rough granite stage)...

Me n Brownmse thkg of droppg the rain-shower idea oso....nt sure yet though...

yah, salesgirl sd must use storage heater....

Btw, wantd to ask u abt the kitchen cabinet, ur contractor's choices available gd? I want to do white-color kitchen cabinet....

plumber works shld be:

labour to replace and install toilet bowl, toilet basin c/w drainage; labour to install heater, kithchen sink & tapc/w drainage, washing machine in/outlet piping etc etc... and add on if u r changing the piping to copper or s/s.

Hihi Allo,

piglet is my fren I toking abt...I prolly taking her contractor but yet to contact the contractor for quote hehehe....

Thk the quotes r very reasonable... :notti:

Thanks for the info, we quite blur when it comes to this area, abit too technical for me n Brownmse doesnt haf time to read up on renotalk blogs.... 8|

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

hehe...

ok lor.... he got ard 2 books of sample laminates for me to choose and ard 9-10 colours of solid surface top for kitchen top to choose. i did see white laminates for kitchen cabinets.

tough man...haha...we just finish choosing over the last weekend...

when i told my contractor it was so hard to choose the colours, he say at least me and hubby still together... some pple choose until quarrel and breakup. :bow:

we just decided to change doors too. the 3 bedroom and 2 toilet doors. hubby going to yontat to see now. anyone know of any good door contractor?

hehe...

ok lor.... he got ard 2 books of sample laminates for me to choose and ard 9-10 colours of solid surface top for kitchen top to choose. i did see white laminates for kitchen cabinets.

tough man...haha...we just finish choosing over the last weekend...

when i told my contractor it was so hard to choose the colours, he say at least me and hubby still together... some pple choose until quarrel and breakup. :)

we just decided to change doors too. the 3 bedroom and 2 toilet doors. hubby going to yontat to see now. anyone know of any good door contractor?

Want to see ur hse!:)! hehehehe :bow::bow:

I want to do WIW in 1 of my rms but headache...did u compare ikea/other brand wardrobes or is his cheaper? Good to hear he got choices!:bow:! And wan to see ur feature wall!:lol: cuz may wan to do a feature wall/mirror to cover my bomb shelter but scared me n the contractor canot communicate.... :P

We went to IMM n saw sme door-shops there (as in they sell doors, bathrm slidg doors etc, can consider?)

Okie, thk I go call him up dis week....hee, n chop him after ur hse is done :good::good:

just a word of advise... for flooring.. must ask contractor to let u know how much psf (take usually $3 psf for living areas/dining / HHS)

Kitchen / balcony / toilet can be 2.50 psf or lower.. Just get those weather resistance or water resistance type of tiles..

but some can get $1 plus psf tiles and still look good... so depends lor.. <<< if u can get a good lobang...

Plumbing works for rain shower is more expensive and it includes the changing of pvc pipes to copper pipes, installation of accessories, << some ID can give u free but i think contractors might charge or FOC.. depends on them..

Painting for EA flats is about 900 to 1.2K <<< depends on the amount of colours n coats

Hacking would have haulage price so try to set aside for that..

Doors - classic doors can get for 180 and above veerner doors 280 and above.. maybe contractor cheaper

glass door i am not sure as i didnt get any.. :)

those toilet doors can get about 100 plus can get a decent nice foldable doors..

Aircon - HT is one of the most recommended, but there is others.. if save cost and less usage, non-inverter aircons can be an option for you.

Windows can cost abit but i didnt change windows so cant advise u on that.. but i know its not really cheap

Wallpaper labour cost is quite standard even you get a few wallpapers.. from what i know its better to get more wallpaper to make the labour more worth..

dont forget electrical works too, carpentry works for kitchen can be quite abit if u have top and bottom. dont forget the solid top area :bow:

hope it helps to "ahga" ur budget :bow:

any designs or theme in mind?

i saw those shops in IMM too, but didnt go in and see.

i wanted to do a full height mirror for my wall infront of the dining table but decided againist it cause its ard 1k and i quite scared of mirrors...hahhaa! as in at night scared to see my own reflection (cause not very pretty...!)

oh yar, i did a glass door for my kitchen entrance ($800), inside my contractor package. the MBR wardrobe is also glass sliding kind.

one thing is you got to be quite sure on wat u want to do before looking for him cause he doesnt really give much ideas. during the early days, we found it hard to commuciate with him and ended up very stressful cause we have no ideas, so basically depend on friends, family and Renotalk! hehee

but after some time, we got on fine...the telepathy is greater haha..

my homo titles are 2.80 psf, but when he brought us to choose, we chose the 3.50 kind and he say its ok. the ceremic is ard 2.50 psf...i think so... forgot already.

tough choice to choose cause the range is tooo much...

lagi worse than shoe shopping...

:P:)

just a word of advise... for flooring.. must ask contractor to let u know how much psf (take usually $3 psf for living areas/dining / HHS)

Kitchen / balcony / toilet can be 2.50 psf or lower.. Just get those weather resistance or water resistance type of tiles..

but some can get $1 plus psf tiles and still look good... so depends lor.. <<< if u can get a good lobang...

Plumbing works for rain shower is more expensive and it includes the changing of pvc pipes to copper pipes, installation of accessories, << some ID can give u free but i think contractors might charge or FOC.. depends on them..

Painting for EA flats is about 900 to 1.2K <<< depends on the amount of colours n coats

Hacking would have haulage price so try to set aside for that..

Doors - classic doors can get for 180 and above veerner doors 280 and above.. maybe contractor cheaper

glass door i am not sure as i didnt get any.. :P

those toilet doors can get about 100 plus can get a decent nice foldable doors..

Aircon - HT is one of the most recommended, but there is others.. if save cost and less usage, non-inverter aircons can be an option for you.

Windows can cost abit but i didnt change windows so cant advise u on that.. but i know its not really cheap

Wallpaper labour cost is quite standard even you get a few wallpapers.. from what i know its better to get more wallpaper to make the labour more worth..

dont forget electrical works too, carpentry works for kitchen can be quite abit if u have top and bottom. dont forget the solid top area ;)

hope it helps to "ahga" ur budget ;)

any designs or theme in mind?

Hihi Odie, Thanks for the info & tips!! :bow:

yah got idea in mind liao...just need to finalize nw n draw out... :good:

windows nt changing, oni need to add the living rm windows..saw a shop at IMM dat does the panaromic views wan (can push all to 1-side until windows majiam like disappear)

Wall-paper we check w goodrich liao, they do installatn but our budget oni allocate for 1 studycorner (cuz its the smallest rm in hse, ehehhee :bow: )

aircon--seems most forummers go for hongtar....we proly follow too, heheh cant go much wrong rite?

fridge--Wan to buy the fischer n paykel wan!:) electricity consumption lowest :good:

Btw, just wan to highlight to new flat owners....If ur designing ur own flat, rem to measure ur flat 1 mre time cuz HDB floorplan is NOT accurate wan....example, my 3m wide room became 2.6--2.8m after counting in the walls...

Will get a quote sn n post it up!:bow::deal:

Cheers!:lol::good:

:deal::yamseng:

Hihi Odie, Thanks for the info & tips!! :rolleyes:

yah got idea in mind liao...just need to finalize nw n draw out... :paint:

windows nt changing, oni need to add the living rm windows..saw a shop at IMM dat does the panaromic views wan (can push all to 1-side until windows majiam like disappear)

Wall-paper we check w goodrich liao, they do installatn but our budget oni allocate for 1 studycorner (cuz its the smallest rm in hse, ehehhee :yamseng: )

aircon--seems most forummers go for hongtar....we proly follow too, heheh cant go much wrong rite?

fridge--Wan to buy the fischer n paykel wan!:P electricity consumption lowest :good:

Btw, just wan to highlight to new flat owners....If ur designing ur own flat, rem to measure ur flat 1 mre time cuz HDB floorplan is NOT accurate wan....example, my 3m wide room became 2.6--2.8m after counting in the walls...

Will get a quote sn n post it up!!! :deal:

Cheers!!! :yamseng:

Those panaromic windows are very exp, to do that kind of window on our balcony/living area, that cost us almost close to a thousand already.

For aircon, ii just bot mine from AllBest. The aircon saleman is very nice. Patient and good attitude.

Those panaromic windows are very exp, to do that kind of window on our balcony/living area, that cost us almost close to a thousand already.

For aircon, ii just bot mine from AllBest. The aircon saleman is very nice. Patient and good attitude.

Wah, so exp ah!??:yamseng::D

wah...exp neh......where's this decorille shp?

Thk I'll go ask ard or check wif my contractor 1st..thanks Allo! :jawdrop:

Allo, we r neighbors rite? hee...seem tohaf spoken to u b4 but forgot which blk ur in liao...hee blur me! :D

wah...exp neh......where's this decorille shp?

Thk I'll go ask ard or check wif my contractor 1st..thanks Allo! :bow:

Allo, we r neighbors rite? hee...seem tohaf spoken to u b4 but forgot which blk ur in liao...hee blur me! :D

Its @ IMM. But i think their products gotten Trademark, meaning u enable to get such product elsewhere. If u wanto go for those windows, most likely only Decorille has it (http://www.decorille.com/aboutus.htm)

Oh no... u forgotten me! sob sob...

:jawdrop: im ur next block neighbour lah.

Its @ IMM. But i think their products gotten Trademark, meaning u enable to get such product elsewhere. If u wanto go for those windows, most likely only Decorille has it (http://www.decorille.com/aboutus.htm)

Oh no... u forgotten me! sob sob...

:D im ur next block neighbour lah.

alamak....yah lah, I vaguely rem ur stayg in our 3 blks range but I cant find ur blog le.....paiseh.. :jawdrop:

Yah, I jus went website to see oso.....

Actuali I saw dis type of windows a few yrs ago when it was 1st launchd, den nw I reno hse den thot want to get it...but since haf seen it on a few hses, I always thot there is no patent liao.....

alas, it seems dat still got patent....sooo exp.....its dat shp which i saw in IMM lah... :bow:

alamak....yah lah, I vaguely rem ur stayg in our 3 blks range but I cant find ur blog le.....paiseh.. :D

Yah, I jus went website to see oso.....

Actuali I saw dis type of windows a few yrs ago when it was 1st launchd, den nw I reno hse den thot want to get it...but since haf seen it on a few hses, I always thot there is no patent liao.....

alas, it seems dat still got patent....sooo exp.....its dat shp which i saw in IMM lah... :jawdrop:

ya, im jus next to ur block loh. I dont have a blog... kekez

personally i feel its too exp le lah. i only spend ard $1100 for aluminium grilles for the whole unit and a window for the service balcony. Comparing to $2200 just for a window at the balcony?? neh.... too exp. Poor allo cant afford!

U intend to have rain shower isit? Meaning u have to get storage heater le lor?

hi greycat and allo, will u all be having grilles or window at your service balcony? i notice alot units in our few blocks having it. i'm still thinking if i should have it or not..

ya, im jus next to ur block loh. I dont have a blog... kekez

personally i feel its too exp le lah. i only spend ard $1100 for aluminium grilles for the whole unit and a window for the service balcony. Comparing to $2200 just for a window at the balcony?? neh.... too exp. Poor allo cant afford!

U intend to have rain shower isit? Meaning u have to get storage heater le lor?

No lah, nt intendg to get rain shower liao....

Actuali I read in another forummer's blog that its the water pressure n nt storage heater dat shd affect the flow...I thk its the water pressure issue...

if reali wan rain-shower, he wan the Grohe brand le...so exp! :jawdrop:

I haf no issue gettg normal-lookg showerhead...me no fascination with showerhead.... :)

my fascination is with marble dining table.... :D

I thk all of us has a softspot for smething, mine is the dining table! Veli impt to me! heehee :)

hi greycat and allo, will u all be having grilles or window at your service balcony? i notice alot units in our few blocks having it. i'm still thinking if i should have it or not..

Hihi Jessie,

*nod nod* me getting grille for scvs bal....my unit haf to get wan, bo pian...too near e lift lah....for safety.

But I wondering shd knock down the windows in the kitchen or nt....I see my block got sme units hack off the windows part so it looks like "merged with the scvs bal" except for the wall in btw.....door thk they oso take away....but I scared will make my clothes oil le...(cuz hang clothes in scvs Bal mah).....hm..... :bow: