Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Allo

Greycat & Brownmse New Hme

greycat, we love the sapce too...

ehhehehe... u also like our gallery??

hehehee... we love it too... :)

u are welcome to come over to see see look look this sat as we will be meeting up with the rest.

:P

Hihi,

Actually I saw on Jessi's blog abt the "gathering" but me n BrownMse abit shy, dunno can disturb u all or nt.... :jammin:

can we can we can we??!?! :good:

Den can cham-guan ur hses too!!! :P

We'll b at our hse dis sat to take a look as tiling shd haf finishd by den. Mabbe meet electrician or smethg like dat.....

Thanks 4 e offer!:jawdrop:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Harlow harlow.....hee, me reali blur...found it liao.

Wow, so many pictures!! I love ur living lights effect, shooting across the grey-painted part. V designer!

Can see dat ur hse reali did a lota reno, for less than 30K, wow!! :good:

oh yah, I oso saw the light at chelsea, the one dat has crystals all rd the rim, can chnge to dim light n colorful lights wan, veli exp!!! :jawdrop:

Our ID has given us a good deal indeed... appreciate his effort to help us to minimize the damage in our pockets. Initially we scare the grey wall will darkened the living room. Heng it still look alright.

u saw that?? believe me, we have think and think and thinkkkkk whether to get that light for very long b4 we gotten that. Still no regret of having that. Its a good replacement of a false ceiling... We placed it at the MBR. When we watching tv at MBR, we will swich on the yellow or LED lights.

Have u chose all ur lights?

Hihi,

Actually I saw on Jessi's blog abt the "gathering" but me n BrownMse abit shy, dunno can disturb u all or nt.... :jammin:

We'll b at our hse dis sat to take a look as tiling shd haf finishd by den. Mabbe meet electrician or smethg like dat.....

sure! come join us! :P

but we haven't confirm the time and place to meet yet, right koikoi and allo??

u saw that?? believe me, we have think and think and thinkkkkk whether to get that light for very long b4 we gotten that. Still no regret of having that. Its a good replacement of a false ceiling... We placed it at the MBR. When we watching tv at MBR, we will swich on the yellow or LED lights.

Have u chose all ur lights?

That light veli nice!! I like the dim effect n the crystals :good:

We went chelsea for quotation but b4 dat, we walkd at least 2 times thrgh balestier liao.

So far, oni bght 2 lights for kitchen n a globe-shape light (mostly used for door entrance area).

Realised dat all e lights I like is those dim lights but for practicality, we need to get bright lights oso, so sacrifice must b made smehow bah.....I thk die die will cost 2K bah...sigh.....

Everyday I see the $$ flying away....sobs

sure! come join us! :jammin:

Thanks thanks! !!

Will check ur blog for meeting time, hehehehe!

Mabbe we shd hold gathering at basketball court or koufu...ehhehe :jawdrop:

sure! come join us! !!

My fridge and washer delivery will be from 2-5pm. I have to be nearby my house at those timing... I dun have sofa, no chairs... so better go jessi's place the last? :jawdrop: May I suggest to go koikoi's place, then my place, then jessi's place... i think Iced Latte's place wil be at tiling stage by this weekend, which will be out of bound...

How?

Hihi,

no worries, just come lah...

u are most welcome...

dun be shy. :):P

My fridge and washer delivery will be from 2-5pm. I have to be nearby my house at those timing... I dun have sofa, no chairs... so better go jessi's place the last? :) May I suggest to go koikoi's place, then my place, then jessi's place... i think Iced Latte's place wil be at tiling stage by this weekend, which will be out of bound...

How?

I'm fine with that...

since u gotta be home between 2 - 5pm, then we will meet at 1pm lah...

my place at 1pm fine??

nothing much abt my place, so most probably finished within 15min...

then either to your home or Jessi's lor...

maybe to jessi's then to your place lor...

by then, 2pm ald... your delivery might be here... :)

ok?

sure! come join us! :)

right my dear...

:) went up to my place just now...

will go update my blog...

ehhehehee

my place at 1pm fine??

nothing much abt my place, so most probably finished within 15min...

then either to your home or Jessi's lor...

maybe to jessi's then to your place lor...

by then, 2pm ald... your delivery might be here... :notti:

Hee 1pm at ur place? Can pm the venue? Ar-bo I will haf to loiter at void deck with BrownMse at 1pm dis Sat liao....ehhehe

Our place shd haf finishd tiling living/dining area only by Sat....BrownMse has taken mre pictures tdy, will update my blog tonite....

A pat on the head for BrownMse!! :notti:

Reno Day4, yippee!!! !!

Hee 1pm at ur place? Can pm the venue? Ar-bo I will haf to loiter at void deck with BrownMse at 1pm dis Sat liao....ehhehe

Our place shd haf finishd tiling living/dining area only by Sat....BrownMse has taken mre pictures tdy, will update my blog tonite....

A pat on the head for BrownMse!! :D

Reno Day4, yippee!!! :dribble:

no need to loiter lah..

juz shout hehehehe...

okok feeling excited since it's reno day 4 huh....

waiting for your blog update then... :)

Day 4 of reno....mre pictures taken by BrownMse tdy:

Tiling of living area almost done...Balcony's been knocked dwn n window fram (minus actual window panes) r up..... :D

Day4-1.jpg

Dining area also almost tiled up..just short of tiling passage way nw.....

Day4-2.jpg

Our foyer area...BrownMse selected those grey tiles with patterns...gonna ask him to take a close-up nxt time round...

Day4-3.jpg

Kitchen windows up...a picture frm outside....

Supposed t be white kitchen but I dint expect it to b tinted black...always thot dat white windows wld b tinted "greenish"....anyone noes wat Im toking abt?.... :deal:

Day4-13.jpg

View of windows frm inside kitchen...doesnt look so "black-tinted" in dis case......

Day4-4.jpg

Original door of BR2 being tiled up....As seen frm outside

Day4-6.jpg

Picture of tiled up door frm the inside...

There's actually enuff space to put up a rack but we r gonna just make it "flush" with the walls..guess we'll box it up.....

Day4-7.jpg

Now my biggest problem....kinda unforeseen...

During earlier discussions with contractor, we had askd him n all of us thot dat the following vertical

"beam" of abt 6inch cld b hacked away. Apparently, it cant.....tested it out after foreman Ah Meng tried to hack it with a hammer n hit steel. :good:

Well, at least, it can be tapered down to abt 3-4inch...still it's gonna be a bit of an eye-sore....

Now wondering if I shd do a false wall for this area (abt 1.5m wide). We r gonna b putting our sofa on this piece of wall though......hmmm....

:P

Day4-11.jpg

Day4-13.jpg

Kitchen windows up...a picture frm outside....

Supposed t be white kitchen but I dint expect it to b tinted black...always thot dat white windows wld b tinted "greenish"....anyone noes wat Im toking abt?.... :)

Hi Greycat,

My windows are powder-coated white and the glass is tinted slightly green. Maybe your windows' tinted black to blend in with the colour of the rest of the windows??

Hope you have an enjoyable renovation! :good:

Edited by Dfish

Hihi Dfish, I thk could be....u may b right man...

My whole hse windows is actuali black-black (the HDB type) so when I wantd white windows for my living rm n kitchen, my contractor quite shockd....

But my theory was dat in living area n kitchen, can oni see the white windows, wont be able to see 2 types of windows together anyway.....

yah huh....mabbe ur right.....mabbe the contractor purposely put black-tint to match..... :curse:

At a loss nw....BrownMse says if not black-tint, den ppl wld b able to look into kitchen (which is unfortunately next to lift lobby). I do agree with him. But living room windows not up yet, wonder if I shd get contractor to put up white-greenish tint window panes instead....

White-powder coatd n black-tint windows is not what I envisioned le.... :help:

Sigh....BrownMse just went to e hse n they haf put up e living rm windows oredi...oso white rim n black-tint....

I hafnt seen it but he says dat on a bigger scale (as compared to kitchen), it does look weird.... :curse:

Sigh, I din read contract properly, thot dat I was quoted for white-fram windows, dun rem seeing the black-tint part le, seems dat there's gona be costs involved for changing it nw.... :help:

BrownMse says dat e lock on e windows r spoilt so they wld haf to chg them anyway, hopefully contractor can chg for us foc..... :~

Veli sad nw....esp when my job doesnt allow me to pop by n see the renos.....pek chek.... :bow:

Sigh....BrownMse just went to e hse n they haf put up e living rm windows oredi...oso white rim n black-tint....

I hafnt seen it but he says dat on a bigger scale (as compared to kitchen), it does look weird.... :help:

Sigh, I din read contract properly, thot dat I was quoted for white-fram windows, dun rem seeing the black-tint part le, seems dat there's gona be costs involved for changing it nw.... :~

BrownMse says dat e lock on e windows r spoilt so they wld haf to chg them anyway, hopefully contractor can chg for us foc..... :bow:

Veli sad nw....esp when my job doesnt allow me to pop by n see the renos.....pek chek.... :lol:

From the photo, your window frame is white leh.. jus that the glass panes are black tinted. Still look nice lah..

My yard windows lock also got problem, cannot unlock. Its those latch for sliding windows made of plastic, the quality not that good one. Its more than 2 weeks already and the window contractor still haven change! :curse:

Thanks Dfish....I guess small panel like my kitchen still look ok bah.....

Im so bothered is becuz Im gonna make a glass panel on top of my kitchen sink there....

Hence when Im in the kitchen washg at the sink, I'll be looking at my glass panel n beyond dat, wld b the black-tint window....dats why I thot it wld b weird....1 transparent (dunno got green-tint) or nt....the other 1 is black-tint wan..... :unsure:

Will update wif the pictures tonite....BrownMse took a picture of the living rm one....many many frames of black window on white frame.... sibei jiarat... :furious:

Thanks Dfish....I guess small panel like my kitchen still look ok bah.....

Im so bothered is becuz Im gonna make a glass panel on top of my kitchen sink there....

Hence when Im in the kitchen washg at the sink, I'll be looking at my glass panel n beyond dat, wld b the black-tint window....dats why I thot it wld b weird....1 transparent (dunno got green-tint) or nt....the other 1 is black-tint wan..... :unsure:

Will update wif the pictures tonite....BrownMse took a picture of the living rm one....many many frames of black window on white frame.... sibei jiarat... :furious:

oh.. I get what u mean. But I guess the kitchen windows would be open when u r in the kitchen.. so you will still be looking at the view outside.

Wait for your pictures then can better visualise. If u really cannot stand the black tint glass, then change it.. afterall you will be staying there for years... But think again, my colleague ever told me this that usually we are particular about every detail of our house cos its our first renovated house. After some time, we won't be so bothered anymore..

Well, both you and BrownMse have to make a decision..