Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Allo

Greycat & Brownmse New Hme

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
wah!! so nice of greycat!:rolleyes: THANK YOU!:notti::notti:

Hehehe no probs, u snaking again siah... :o

Me nw veli hungry, thinking of lunch... !!

Picture of my daybed frm barang barang shifted into WIW rm. Realli comfy n nice to sleep on daybed while wind comes in frm the window.

Still need 1) a white standing lamp for reading 2) curtains to complete the soft look 3) probably a carpet

Sep17015.jpgSep17012.jpg

Took halfday tdy to meet the plumber n my contractor. Lucky took halfday as BrownMse was tied up n many things got damaged!:rolleyes::D

1) My plumber told me the cistern (water tank) for the common toilet spoil. Gotta change as it's dangerous. It wasnt damaged initially. During the long wait since it was delivered until it was installed, it prolly got damaged by 1 of my contractor's workers.....sigh :D

Anyways, brght it back to SSC with receipt n guess wat they say? They say ceramic not covered under warranty!:notti: !!

So LL buy the cistern, smemre dare to tell auntie me dat they canot deliver to my hse, I will need to collect myself!:notti: (this was after I took the heavy cistern bac to SSC @ IMM to exchange dis evening!!)

***Will never recommend anybody to SSC:o :D:P

2) My common toilet tap oso spoil. Manufacturing defect (basically veli rare case n it happened to me). I watch my plumber install. Den turn on, water flow out. Unfortunately, turn off, water still flow out.... :(

So, dis evening, took back to HoeKee frm IMM to exchange. Even though I didnt bring receipt, they jus exchange for me n smemre tell me, if kena 2nd time spoil, dont need to bring back. Just call them n they will send their plumber dwn.. :)

In comparison, I will definitely buy frm HoeKee n recommend my frens to go there in future. :P

3) Kitchen sink tap canot install due to mismatch. Now they gotta take abit off my solid top in order to squeeze the tap in.... :(

4) My ikea mirror (for common toilet) got chipped off a big corner. Highly suspect the kitchen-workers broke it when they moved my stove n hood. I oni realised it the minute my contract left my hse. But lucky, ikea change it for us, nt much questions asked. I didnt even bring receipt.

Good scvc too frm ikea!~ :P

OOOOHHHH, i like your daybed~ it's like a mini R & R cum reading corner in the WIW. looks so comfy. :) the WIW matches the floor laminates too

SSC's been providing me good service leh. I had a change of mind of one of their tap cause had my eyes on my present waterfall tap and they just let me return it and give me a credit voucher. the outlet supervisor, Rahim is a nice guy too, cause he give me discount. =X

Hi Angel,

Thanks, the WIW is my room, hehehe :D (studyroom belongs to my hubby).

Hm...I thk I noe which Rahim u toked to cuz there's like oni 1 supervisor there. Unfortunately, he was oso the 1 whom we talked to. We went to their changi branches b4 too and unfortunately, most of their staff scvc attitude quite bad I find.... :bleah:

Eventually, after my hubby BrownMse toked to him for veli long, den he agree to ask his delivery to send it to us foc. We still paid for the cistern n my contractor is gona cover the cost. ;)

Hi Weiling, u asking me abt the waterpipes isit?

Cuz our 2 toilets r back to back so the water pipes are directly taken frm the common toilet behind. Hence, showerhead doesnt haf a lota pipes in the kitchen. But common toilet alota pipes lah....canot be helped, haf to sacrifice 1.... :D

Can post some picture of the common toilet to show the piping that you mentioned? My unit is also in the area, JW 62#. Was thinking how to do the same like your MBR toilet.

One other question. Did you tile up your service balcony?

Can post some picture of the common toilet to show the piping that you mentioned? My unit is also in the area, JW 62#. Was thinking how to do the same like your MBR toilet.

One other question. Did you tile up your service balcony?

Hi Eng,

No prob...my plumber just installd over the weekend, will try to take sme pics when I go dwn again this week during evenings....

If ur toilets r back to back, den u can run all ur piping in common toilet, ur plumber/contractor shd b able to do, there's no additional work at all. :bangwall: But common toilet wld n ugly fugly with pipes lah...hehehe

hi greycat

juz saw pics of ur hse. wow the windows are so big! i ballotted for st 64, the windows are so small. 2 panels for the bedroom nia. ma chiam prison.

wad does SSC stand for so tat i can avoid gg there? :bangwall:

Harlow piggiez neighbor!....st 64 is oni next street to mine....is urs the one facing the sch oso? :dribble:

My mbr oni has 2 windows-panel n 1 small aircon panel. but the 2 common bedrms got 3-panel window. Square square layout la....

Glad to see mre jurongwest forummers ard!! :bangwall:

wow ur reply so fast. hehe. ya veri near urs tats why took a look at ur pics ma :bangwall:

ballotted only not sure if queue no will be gd n i'm still tinking abt whether to get the hse if really kena gd number. ur 3 panel window is big in height also.. not only big in the 3 panel part. ours is 2 panel then v short panel also. see liao like a window in a prison cell hehe. a bit sian lor. the MBR i tink same as ur MBR. 2 panels n 1 aircon window.

wow ur reply so fast. hehe. ya veri near urs tats why took a look at ur pics ma :D

ballotted only not sure if queue no will be gd n i'm still tinking abt whether to get the hse if really kena gd number. ur 3 panel window is big in height also.. not only big in the 3 panel part. ours is 2 panel then v short panel also. see liao like a window in a prison cell hehe. a bit sian lor. the MBR i tink same as ur MBR. 2 panels n 1 aircon window.

hehe, me eating snake mah..... :P

but I cant see ur units frm my window, mine not facing there....

u can go in n see nw rite? last time for our wis, there wasnt any showflat for our block, I just go void deck n agar agar oni.... Actually every unit come out will b different wan, sme might haf additional windows at kitchen, sme will have overhang beams etc. If u can go in n see showflat or neighbor's unit is best! :)

yup i went to see the showflat. all layouts have such small windows haha. wonder issit becos urs is EA tats why got much bigger windows. ur tat room still got nice view somemore. now nearing end sept le.. so u're moving in soon?

yup i went to see the showflat. all layouts have such small windows haha. wonder issit becos urs is EA tats why got much bigger windows. ur tat room still got nice view somemore. now nearing end sept le.. so u're moving in soon?

Harlow...my last post b4 leaving office, heheh :D

yup, mine is ea...ur planning to get the 5rm?

I targetting to move in this sunday 23rd sep. Actually its been 1 yr since I bght the flat liao. We bght in the 1st wis last yr (so whole block oni got 1 or 2 neighbors type)....

Den along the way, rom, cny, drag la....so din plan at all.... :)

yup.. 5rm one. also my last post b4 leaving office haha. so glad to go home le!

so envious when i browsed thru ppl's home blogs here in renotalk. see u all plan n do up ur own homes. i wan 1 of my own too! :D

wonder where to look for if i cant get this JW hse. wow moving in this sun.. congrats! if i managed to get this JW hse then we'll be neighbours hehe. oh ya.. ask u.. do u walk to JP or take bus? when u take JW, did u consider the air condition ar? its 1 of my consideration leh.. so wld like to hear opinions :)

Harlow piggie,

JW-WIS still alota flats for selection, actualli the 5rm mre "hot" than the EA. when my hubby went to hdb to take queue no, the auntie at the counter shake her head n tell him 5rm he got no hope cuz we were quite far behind....so we decided to take EA lor. Px-wise actually JW flats 5rm n ea not much difference.

My hubby Brownmse works in Tuas (in fact, dat boi can take bus to work outside the Macdonald)... :P

I did hear frens say JW air no gd, veli industrial. But i like the cocoa smell in the air, u got smell it? hehee :P

Its oso got sme aeroplanes flying around, so u get dat aeroplane sound. But den again, Im nt gonna be hme during daytime....night-time think not so much bah....

I intend to ask BrownMse to drive me to JP le, hehehe :notti: Our area ia abt 3 bus-stops frm JP, ok lah, quite convenienet, walkable but wld prolly take u 15-20mins if u got short legs like me.... :P

:D Some updates when I visited the hse justnw, surprise surprise!:lol: My contractors stayed there the whole day with his blangah n fixed up the knicks n knacks!! :D

Managed to get my common toilet mirror n glass-shelf up. Now it looks mre complete!:P Tap still nt up though, waiting for plumber tomrw.

The complete comoon toilet look :D

Sep19003.jpg

Side view

Sep19010.jpg

Close-up of my ikea mirror!!

Sep19002.jpg

Close-up of the glass-shelf which the plumber cldnt install

Sep19011.jpg

To Eng---Now sme pictures of the common toilet to show how the pipings connect such dat MBR toilet doesnt show the pipings.

Underneath the sink

Sep19004.jpg

Past the wall behind WC

Sep19005.jpg

Makes a 90deg corner turn around the ugly fugly HDB waterpipes

Sep19006.jpg

The nxt 90deg turn (but this time upwards) to the showerhead set

Sep19007.jpg

My super duper huge storage heater

Sep19008.jpg

Rem the ugly fugly HDB waterpipes? Plumber drills a hole here. Cuts thrgh right to connect the showerset in MBR toilet. Havent patched up hole yet.

Sep19009.jpg

To Xlan---As promised, the pictures of the stove frm Rinnai

There's a black color rect inside n the surrounding looks like stainless steel nw becuz its smudged wif dust, hehe :D Actualli, its tempered glass.

Sep19016.jpg

Mirror surface at borders.

Sep19015.jpgSep19014.jpg

Some more pictures of the kitchen, lightings completed more or less. Got 2 lights frm the hood oso.

Tube lightings are up below the lower cabinets. Seems to have a dark corner le....gonna check w contractor again tomrw. Upper cabinets oni have spotlights on 1 side, the other side is the dishrack, cant install lights. Gonna put a dishrack (standalone) in dat corner too.

See the rails? :D Dats my rails for hanging knicks n knacks!! Veli happi with it. :notti:

Sep19018.jpg

Another closer view. Pardon the photography, me no gd at taking pictures...dunno why the spotlight shine become 1 strip 1strip le...

Sep19017.jpg

Picture taken frm scvs yard. My fridge moved into place!

Sep19019.jpg

The floating lower cabinets :D

Sep19020.jpg

Dishrack corner. Single rail frm songcho.

Sep19022.jpg

Another rail (abt 1.7m) stretching frm my cooker hob to the switches. Wantd to get a shorter one but I cldnt bear to break the fluid flow of the steel backing.

Sep19023.jpg

The sealy bed moved into place!! :lol:

The base is not sarong color, hehee :P Dats an old bedsheet to cover up dust.

Sep19025.jpg

Move closer n u will see a wooden ledge. Its actually 2 ledge bght frm ikea n got my contractor to fix up.

Sep19030.jpg

Guess what it's oso for? To cover up the ugly big big aircon trunking at the bottom. :P

Sep19031.jpg