Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ADIAN

Mouldy/dirty Bathroom Ceiling

Hi, I had a similar problem in my master toilet last year. There were patches of mould on the ceiling which looked disgusting and I thought that best solution was to repaint the ceiling. Hubby was complaining but did little to help ;) One day whilst shopping, I came across one of those roving fairs selling Japanese household stuff - can't recall but it may have been at Takashimaya. I saw this stick with green sponge for cleaning walls and ceiling - just wet and clean. It was not cheap - but should be less than $50.00 - I thought no harm trying. LOL It really worked. The ceiling was as good as new. I had also came across this company's goods being sold at Isetan from time to time. The stick is like the magic mop type except that it's a magic sponge (green colour). I think the cause was dampness in the bathroom because the ceiling in my kitchen toilet was ok. Hope this info. helps those who faced similar problems.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi artblakey,

Can you still remember which branch of HomeFix did you buy the Zinsser Perma-White® (Interior) from? Or has it been some years back already?

I am interested to get this special paint product. I callled HomeFix HarborFront branch yesterday but the person who took my call did not seem to know what I was asking. :bangwall:

Thanks in advance!

I bought same brand zinsser primer small tin 1L paint bedroom door at vivo city diy shop (forget shop name) near giant. Small tin more than $30++. Not sure zinsser prema-white price. U can try see there have

Complain to town council, they can take a look and advise what to do. After all, pay them maintenance every month.

The maintenance is for outside your house not inside :notti:

• Like 5

jurong town council is poor service. u can paint with nippon oil based sealer and nippon odorless easywash.

jurong town council is poor service. u can paint with nippon oil based sealer and nippon odorless easywash.

Did you feedback to the town council on this? What did they say?

• Like 5

That only happens if cheap concrete is used, which i hope is not

Actually how do you tell if a certain cement is used is low quality cement? Is there a way

to tell by looking at it?

• Like 6