Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ADIAN

Mouldy/dirty Bathroom Ceiling

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I had similar leakage problem from upstairs neighbor at my old house. It was a 4Rm HDB ground floor walk up unit. Similarly it was not just water that leaked into my common toilet but dirty/sewage water as well. I called the town council and very quickly they dispatched staff from the maintenence dept to come and do an onsite inspection.

Turned out that the leakage was due to upstairs neighbor's renovation wet work in their common toilet. Apparently their contractor didn't do a good job sealing it. Hence they are supposed to co-pay for rectifying but I think in the end, I never had to folk out any $.

These are problems to be refered to town councils.

water that leaked into my common toilet but dirty/sewage water as well

Arghhh thats disgusting, people faeces and urine overflowed into your unit, yucks

Edited by AppleCrumble

• Like 6

Contractor for HIP are not very skilful. I just done my tiles for toilet for HIP in Jurong in February. Took them 10 days even if its 1 toilet. Was told that tiles was not enough so I had to go buy more tiles but found out it was because they cut tiles wrongly and I had to buy 30 more tiles. Toilet was done but floor were uneven. Scratched my parquet floor. Paint along stairs were partly ripped off. The reason I had to sign up for HIP was because my master toilet failed the water proofing test.

After the toilet was done, they did several rectifications to the uneven tiles. After the rectifications, I washed the toilet.. Guess what... Leaking to the toilet below causing the bottom floor toilet ceiling to have spalling concrete. All these defeats the purpose of renovating the toilet in the first place. Was told that they will redo the toilet again... Another 10 days.. Sibei Pek Cek...

You can use something called HCL89. Its strong enough to clean the

mould as well as kill it

I usually get it from http://hcl89.byethost10.com or

http://hcl89.atwebpages.com

One thing i like about it is that is creates like a protection

like on my wall/tiles so that it prevents future mould or etc

Hope this helps you out :)

Had same mould problem same as TS, so decided to purchase the HCL89 thing from http://hcl89.byethost10.com

as recomended

I used it about a month back and so far the mould seems to be gone

Looks like it worked out well for me, thanks

• Like 8

I believe I'm suffering from similar situation: my bomb shelter ceiling have got a mould outbreak. It all started with a booklice infestation (which I guess should have been tell-tale enough), then one day while I was lint-rolling the lice off the ceilings & walls, I noticed the patches (of mould). I reside on the top floor & have reasons to believe the water-proofing done at the water tank level is deteriorating. Even the ceiling at my lift lobby drips water during heavy rain. Going to highlight to town council pretty soon...

On 20/02/2014 at 5:08 AM, TedDibiase said:

The maintenance is for outside your house not inside :notti:

That seems like how the town council works, hmm

• Like 7

On 12/02/2016 at 8:03 AM, AppleCrumble said:

What an ambience it must be, lol

Ha, like that must include air freshener when purchase HDB

• Like 6