Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Dicksonlee

Lightings Shops In Singapore

I am a home owner who have renovated my own apartment (and my parents' and relatives') four times in the last 3 years, latest being February End 2013. We do not enage in IDs nor contractors as we have wanted to take matters into our own hands. I am thinking of doing up my Son's new 5-place in mid April and this time nmight consider to engage a Contractor/ID as it is too time consuming based from previous experiences.

I believe many home owners like me have worries and concerns relating to getting lights for their homes and the trouble with choosing a reliable lighting supplier. I have bought from once each from Jalan Besar, Balestier, Geylang and Jurong area for the past 3 years and i should say each area has its pros and cons.

I can offer to share my experience but first i believe many homeowners, like myself, would want to engage an ID/contractor but feeling worried after hearing horror stories. Therefore i appreciate fellow Reno-talkers can provide and consolidate useful information here for the convenience of all.

Feel free to feedback and comment on any aspects deem useful.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

bought a set of 8pcs of PLL lightings at U-Vee Lightings yesterday ... they were having offer, of the second pc at 50%.

bought the double tube size ones at $78 ... so two pcs = $78 + $39 = $117. smaller ones for toilet is $48 + $24 = $72 for a pair. I believe the standard material is glass ?

purchase $300 and above will get free delivery.

told them to deliver to my flat(still renovating) this thurdays afternoon ... will see how is the actual delivered item and service. Btw, my reno contractor will be installing the lights for me instead of U-Vee.

frankly i do not know if they are really cheapest coz that's the only shop i went to in balestier.

Edited by ysc3

I also bought my dining lights from U-Vee Lighting, since I only needed 1 set of lights they gave me a discount. (To enjoy the buy 2nd pc at 50% discount you have to buy the first piece at the listed price on the pricetag) The salesperson was quite accommodating, I actually checked all three lights in the set quite thoroughly, found some uneven painting and chipped off white paint at the edge for two of them. Since that was their only set in stock at the shop, they helped me to find better ones from their warehouse and offered free delivery so that I do not have to come down again. Will be fixing the lights on Monday / Tuesday, hope that everything goes well!

As for the rest of my downlights, ceiling lights and T5 cove lighting, I got them from lightings.com.sg because they were having a sale for the LED downlights. $50 per downlight seems like a good deal, and I like it that I do not have to bargain because pricing is stated clearly. I don't know if they are the cheapest, but I am okay with the pricing so we just bought it since they sell exclusively Philips products.

As for the rest of the lighting, no problems at all with them for installation so far. After scouting the entire Balestier and Jalan Besar, I am actually quite happy with lightings.com.sg price wise and design wise.

Edit: Lightings.com.sg quite happy to replace my faulty light on the spot so problem solved :)

Edited by Luthvian

mine were delivered as scheduled ... but as the deliveryman appeared abit rushing, my dad let him go without checking the lights.

anyway, my lights will be opened and installed tmr or tuesday ... so hope everything is ok.