Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
3Dyms

Mon Petite Chateau @ Bt Batok

LED seem to be the in thing now so everyone is getting it but really is LED going to save more than energy saving bulb...normally we dun on our lights 24/7 so even if there's savings also not much moreover a gd brand LED cost more so u can easily change a few energy saving bulb n energy saving bulb can b quite lasting too...gd thing abt LED is least heat produce..other than tat I think I still stick to energy saving light for the time being

As for TV..I prefer Sony cos if u do some research online, alot of pple complain tat Samsung break down easily n their TV gets heated up faster...if watching normal TV, the pic qty will be the same wif all bands cos depends on ur source but its the color tat diff the bands n Sony color is the best...btw I'm not working for Sony, just do some research n ask ard then decide...anyway no rush in getting TV cos the price will keep dropping...all the best for ur Reno :-)

Yah... I also wonder if LED is really energy saving. Some more the 'start-up' costs is double that of normal PLC downlights. But we think should try it out, cos hub is getting tired of changing light bulbs. So he reckons if the LED bulbs can last at least 3-4yrs, he would hv much lesser bulbs to change over the course of time.

As for the TV, Sony really better yah? Cos everywhere I go, people tell me that Samsung is better. Even my bros who r into IT stuffs & gadgets all tell me to get Samsung. Hhmm... Think I need to research more. Don't want to end up with a lemon. And you're right... TV prices keep dropping by the quarter. So we not rushing to get it. Waiting for more promo or expo sales.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Yah... I also wonder if LED is really energy saving. Some more the 'start-up' costs is double that of normal PLC downlights. But we think should try it out, cos hub is getting tired of changing light bulbs. So he reckons if the LED bulbs can last at least 3-4yrs, he would hv much lesser bulbs to change over the course of time.

As for the TV, Sony really better yah? Cos everywhere I go, people tell me that Samsung is better. Even my bros who r into IT stuffs & gadgets all tell me to get Samsung. Hhmm... Think I need to research more. Don't want to end up with a lemon. And you're right... TV prices keep dropping by the quarter. So we not rushing to get it. Waiting for more promo or expo sales.

Samsung. Don't like the Sony colors but design wise Sony is not bad if you like the monolithic look. Confirmed by lotsa tech mags. Hubby into gadgets and he was insistent on Samsung when we got our place. Unless there is a shift in market leader since... So far works fine for me. Read that LG is ok too. Can't rem which brand has the latest technology.

LED is good if your hub doesn't like to change bulbs.

Samsung. Don't like the Sony colors but design wise Sony is not bad if you like the monolithic look. Confirmed by lotsa tech mags. Hubby into gadgets and he was insistent on Samsung when we got our place. Unless there is a shift in market leader since... So far works fine for me. Read that LG is ok too. Can't rem which brand has the latest technology.

LED is good if your hub doesn't like to change bulbs.

Hahah... Another supporter for Samsung. Hub suggest going down to the big 4 - BD, GC, C and HV to do comparison before deciding. He said maybe can get Sony for the gals 'mini' living room and Samsung for our main Living area. But... See the price first lah.

Yah... My hub don't like to change bulbs. Yet, he also don't like having to change the LED drivers. So now... Think those LED bulbs will be the better choice for us. But, we wonder how's the feedback for those LED bulbs. Is it good enough? How many watts should we get? Double bulbs or single bulbs? Every lighting shop we go to, all tell us different things. Even the costs can vary between $10-$15 per light set (light holder + bulbs). Getting confused.

Kitchen items from Teka Singapore.

Gas Hob with tempered glass - 2 burners - (model # CG lux 5 2G)

Chose the one with normal ring around the burner instead of the cast iron option even though price is the same. Hub is afraid that I will accidentally drop it during cleaning as the cast iron is heavy. If really drop, then good luck liaoz. The glass hob sure crack lor. Plus, I find this design more sleek. The cast iron one looks bulky.

tekagashob.jpg

Kitchen Sink - (model # BE 50.40.25)

Not a very big sink but at least it is deep enough to stack dishes (if required). Don't need anything too big, as I'll be getting a Bosch Dishwasher. :notti:

tekakitchensink.jpg

Kitchen Tap - (model # MC 10 plus)

Love this design. Looks sleek and sexy to me. :P

tekatap.jpg

Edited by 3Dyms

Next up.... Aircon selection.

After all the research, I decided to go with Aircon Designs Pte Ltd. Besides doing for residential, they also have lots of industrial & commercial projects. Another reason why I chose them - cos I can sign up for air-con servicing after installation. I reckon if they also do my servicing in future, then chances of them trying to mess-up during the installation phase will be minimized.

In addition, I especially like the fact that they will have 3 visits - (1) Site Visit to discuss with contractor on placement & running of trunking in order to conceal as much as possible, (2) running of trunking & fixing compressor, and finally, (3) setting up of the Fan Coil Unit (FCU) once the reno is towards the tail end. All these visits are at NO extra charge.

When I first approached the sales guy, I was curious when he asked me for my floor plan. At first I wondered why, but... then he started to do some calculations. Then I realized - he was calculating the amount of BTU required for maximum cooling for each individual room. From there, he asked us on our lifestyle, which aircon we usually switch on, etc. Then he proceed to recommend based on our needs. He never pushed us or gave hard sell tactics. *2 thumbs up* :good:

This sort of discussion & explanation has never happened for other aircon places I've been to. Those other places all just push to me the standard 9,000 btu straightaway. Then lots of hard sell tactics. :no:

All the above reasons helped seal the deal. We paid a confirmation fee and will arrange for a site visit together with our contractor soon.

p/s: Thanks Adidaem for the recommendation.

Our Choice -- Mitsubishi Heavy Industries.
For Level 1 - System 4 - 18000, 12000, 9000 BTU
For Level 2 - System 3 - 12000, 9000, 9000 BTU

Price quoted includes 1/2 inch insulation Class 'O', PSB approved copper pipes, 16mm drainage pipe, unlimited piping (HDB only), plus 36-mths warranty for workmanship. :jammin:

airconselection.jpg

Edited by 3Dyms

Wow... 1 system 4 and 1 system 3 = 7 blowers.

Cool :)

Actually only 6 blowers - 3 FCU on each level. Main reason why i need sys 4 inverter for level 1 is becos I'm having open concept kitchen (which is extended out to the service balcony) and the living room is extended out to the main balcony. The aircon guy reckons that I'll need stronger compressor to support the 18,000 btu (living area) + 12,000 btu (dining area) + 9,000 btu (study room) just for level 1. Especially if I need to switch on all 3 FCU at the same time.

Thank goodness my block has higher loading and I've seen some units with 2 compressors. So, should not be an issue having this much air-con. Heheh. :)

Next up.... Aircon selection.

This sort of discussion & explanation has never happened for other aircon places I've been to. Those other places all just push to me the standard 9,000 btu straightaway. Then lots of hard sell tactics. :no:

All the above reasons helped seal the deal. We paid a confirmation fee and will arrange for a site visit together with our contractor soon.

p/s: Thanks Adidaem for the recommendation.

Our Choice -- Mitsubishi Heavy Industries.

For Level 1 - Living room (18000 BTU) / Dining (12,000 BTU) / Study room (9,000 BTU) -- System 4 Inverter

For Level 2 - each bedroom (9,000 BTU) -- System 3 Inverter

Price quoted includes 1/2 inch insulation Class 'O', PSB approved copper pipes, 16mm drainage pipe, unlimited piping (HDB only), plus 36-mths warranty for workmanship. :jammin:

img2119x.jpg

Hey experience re pushy sales ppl sounds similar to mine. Some don't even know how to calc btu... Really duh lor.

I actually quite like the guy from AC design. Found him unintentionally funny. Saw him jumping up n down to explain blower placements and was really tickled by the interaction between him n my IDs.

Anyway no prob re: rec. Hope they work out for u like they did for my reno.

Hey experience re pushy sales ppl sounds similar to mine. Some don't even know how to calc btu... Really duh lor.

I actually quite like the guy from AC design. Found him unintentionally funny. Saw him jumping up n down to explain blower placements and was really tickled by the interaction between him n my IDs.

Anyway no prob re: rec. Hope they work out for u like they did for my reno.

Yah... When I went to the other shops, the sales people never asked me for my floor plan. The most they ask me is what type of unit? HDB or condo? Usually when I say HDB, they sianz half. But when I say is EM, they'll perk up again, then proceed to sell me the most expensive aircon. When I ask if the btu is sufficient, they will just say, it's standard lah. All HDB roughly same size, so standard 9,000 - 12,000 btu can liaoz. The worse part is the hidden costs - 1/2 inch insulation (top up $$), better pipes (top up $$). If I need to lay more trunking (top up $$$ again). Everything also add & add. End up the price is like 'WOW'! But for Aircon Designs, all these are inclusive in their pricing. No hidden costs. Best!! Upfront & straight forward. I like..!!

Hope they do good job for me too. But I'll definitely update here for sure. :)

Good looking kitchen things! :) the tap is quite sleek! Does it go well with your black hob?

Eerr... i also dunno leh.. I think it should go well bah. Cost the gas hob also looks kinda 'modern'. Was contemplating getting a more classical curvy type of tap. But then, I decided not to make the house too old style French/ Victorian. Prefer to hv 'pops' of modern-ness too. Hope it all ties in well later and not end up like rojak. *cross fingers*

Edited by 3Dyms

Your tekka hob is sleek and nice.

Btw we got PLC downlights that are modified.. Meaning we can change it to LED as well. Ya the driver is the concern that kept us cracking our head for awhile to decide between led or PLC

Your tekka hob is sleek and nice.

Btw we got PLC downlights that are modified.. Meaning we can change it to LED as well. Ya the driver is the concern that kept us cracking our head for awhile to decide between led or PLC

Thanks Spikedoll. I also like the hob. Hahahaha... This downlights thingy is making me so confused also. Till now we are still 50/50 for each choice. Yours is a good idea - another option for me to look into too. Else, someone else is recommending us to use E27 energy saving bulbs. Hope I can find something suitable soon. So long as I don't end up with lemons can liaoz. :P

I am using Philips LED down light with built-in driver (Purchase from Taobao), so far so good. Only thing is the down light only have round holder, no square type.

Initially, I also concern about the built-in driver. After some consideration, I choose Philips (believe at least their QC should be better ba..) I did buy a few spare, if really spoilt, then change lor..

I am using Philips LED down light with built-in driver (Purchase from Taobao), so far so good. Only thing is the down light only have round holder, no square type.

Initially, I also concern about the built-in driver. After some consideration, I choose Philips (believe at least their QC should be better ba..) I did buy a few spare, if really spoilt, then change lor..

Oh goody... A review on Phillips LED downlights. So coincidence, I was just searching the forum and saw a few recommending lightings.com. So I may pop by over the weekend to check out their range of Phillips lights.

Agree with you. At least with Phillips brand, we can be assured of some QC. I'm most afraid of those in-house brand by the electrical shop. Worse are those without safety mark. Dunno where they get the lights from. I scared cos dunno these lights safe or not. Cheap is one thing, just dun want fire hazard from short circuit.