Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Teofamily

Soft Closing Systems For Cabinet Doors Reviews

Wanted to install Soft Closing Systems for Cabinet Doors esp kitchen, but my contractor advised:

- Expensive

- Not durable

- No point

Appreciated reviews pls.

Thanks

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Wanted to install Soft Closing Systems for Cabinet Doors esp kitchen, but my contractor advised:

- Expensive

- Not durable

- No point

Appreciated reviews pls.

Thanks

Go find another contractor immediately. Your contractor is not truthful and does not even want to provide soft close hinge FOC. A soft close hinge cost about $1 to $1.50 for normal brands. Blum cost more of course. For kitchen you use about 30 pieces if based on my kitchen. Each door use two pieces. So they save $30 only and they give you a lousy kitchen and they tell you some stories.

My contractor even provide a soft close stainless steel pull out tray free for my kitchen. But my reno is whole house. i purchase another tray for $200.

Edited by Hyberg3

Contractor partly right. It not really expensive. Not durable is true, can't fight with plain on hinges. Soft close gives a nice feeling in begin but not much point eventually.

Soft closing hinges is good especially if you have younger kids. they tend to slam the door.

But do buy better ones like Blum. The cheaper version will not last.

I thought these are norm for any contractor to offer?? The question should be would you like to top up for better brands?

Hi all...

Been through few renos and seen various contractors... Unfortunately have not found one who is really good and cheap...

On the Soft Close.. Must have for me...

But, sometimes some hinges may wear off or break down faster than the rest.. Not his fault, it's the system... Just make sure whoever fixes it for you would come back 6 months or a year later to put in a new piece or repair it...

Hi all...

Been through few renos and seen various contractors... Unfortunately have not found one who is really good and cheap...

On the Soft Close.. Must have for me...

But, sometimes some hinges may wear off or break down faster than the rest.. Not his fault, it's the system... Just make sure whoever fixes it for you would come back 6 months or a year later to put in a new piece or repair it...

That's a good reminder, Chien. Thanks

My contractor is willing to do the soft close for me without additional cost. We have not discuss the brand yet.

Will highlight after sales services/maintenance part.