Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
iwantitred

Modern Red/white Home (?) @ Sengkang

About to start on renovation for our resale flat at Sengkang. Can't wait to watch the transformation of the kitchen and bathrooms especially.

The concept is modern, contemporary. Colour schemes...white, red and maybe another color (haven't decided yet) :D

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

About to start on renovation for our resale flat at Sengkang. Can't wait to watch the transformation of the kitchen and bathrooms especially.

The concept is modern, contemporary. Colour schemes...white, red and maybe another color (haven't decided yet) :D

very patriotic leh..red and white

:dancingqueen:

Took keys last week and did part 1 of kai men (before renovation)

KaiMen1_zpsc7e771d3.jpg

Thereafter, renovation commenced already...will update with pics soon :sport-smiley-018:

Edited by iwantitred

Renovation has started for about 2 weeks now but it felt like so many things are already done. Very proactive ID/contractor :sport-smiley-003:

Pics of house before renovation

20130323_121324_zps625ae058.jpg

20130323_121329_zps72881020.jpg

20130323_121335_zps32c77ab1.jpg

20130323_122031_zpsd3250df1.jpg

20130323_123412_zps09d68072.jpg

Some inspiration pics to share:

red_walls_white_molding_2_zps7f54e74b.jpg

The partner is saying red is too bold for a peaceful home, any comments? :paint:

I love this! Really gives the place character.

Maybe pick the places that you want to highlight and go red for those? Certain places, like the bedroom, should still be calming, so I'd go with neutral colors. But then again, my entire house is neutral, so maybe I'm not the best to comment :P

Some inspiration pics to share:

red_walls_white_molding_2_zps7f54e74b.jpg

MagnificentRedAndWhiteHomeOffice_zps8f43d6ff.jpg

impressivebeautifulhomeofficedesign_zpse0d143ca.jpg

Red-White-Kitchen-room-Apartment_zps3c9f0dde.jpg

Red-White-Bedroom-Apartment_zps805d82ce.jpg

The partner is saying red is too bold for a peaceful home, any comments? :paint:

red is nice but will it looks 'hot', too 热?

still it's individual preference... :) i like the maroon color pic..

i heard from my fren mentioned that some people will depend on fengshui and avoid red as its a 'too loud' color...

Edited by swaskie

I love this! Really gives the place character.

Maybe pick the places that you want to highlight and go red for those? Certain places, like the bedroom, should still be calming, so I'd go with neutral colors. But then again, my entire house is neutral, so maybe I'm not the best to comment :P

Hehe you are right. After some discussion, we are only giving it some accents here and there...but I've just managed to convince the partner to allow me 1 panel of red wall. We'll see how it turns out :D

red is nice but will it looks 'hot', too 热?

still it's individual preference... :) i like the maroon color pic..

i heard from my fren mentioned that some people will depend on fengshui and avoid red as its a 'too loud' color...

Hi there Thanks for the input. Actually it is indeed a concern too after giving a thought about it :) We have locked in the colours to paint already so I'm just gonna keep the fingers crossed hope it won't turn out too loud >. <

I think it is nice to have pops of colors in the house and like you, we kinda locked in red but for living room only, green for kitchen, pink for MBR and probably yellow for our common room. This will be either accent, furniture or appliance. So long you like it, then your house will be beautiful :)

Edited by Makanology

I think it is nice to have pops of colors in the house and like you, we kinda locked in red but for living room only, green for kitchen, pink for MBR and probably yellow for our common room. This will be either accent, furniture or appliance. So long you like it, then your house will be beautiful :)

OMG, then will we see a mint green smeg? :dribble:

Hi, I second what the others have shared. Red is nice colour but not advisable to use it too excessively.

My flat which is (still) undergoing a renovation now, we use red tiles in toilets and burgundy kitchen cabinets. We dare not use Fiery Red as we are not so daring.........LOL.
I know many who believe in Feng Shui will not recommend Red walls or too much reds in a home.

As we do not have a theme for our home and some will feel that it's so 'rojak'. Since we are not confined with a theme, it gives us the liberty to choose tiles, wall paints, home furnitures base on our likings and make selection of colours more easily.

Most of the colours in our unit are White, Ivory and some Black. Personally, I feel that some reds in the flat will make it less boring. Our home has nothing special but we love it because we get involved in choosing almost everything and we enjoy the renovation journey (this far) with some hiccups here and there.

I look forward to seeing more images of your place in your t-blog :-)

Edited by kooky

I think it is nice to have pops of colors in the house and like you, we kinda locked in red but for living room only, green for kitchen, pink for MBR and probably yellow for our common room. This will be either accent, furniture or appliance. So long you like it, then your house will be beautiful smile.gif

Nice!! love pop of colors. So excited to see your color-blocked home :) I'm sure it'll be interesting