Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
iwantitred

Modern Red/white Home (?) @ Sengkang

Hi, I second what the others have shared. Red is nice colour but not advisable to use it too excessively.

My flat which is (still) undergoing a renovation now, we use red tiles in toilets and burgundy kitchen cabinets. We dare not use Fiery Red as we are not so daring.........LOL.

I know many who believe in Feng Shui will not recommend Red walls or too much reds in a home.

As we do not have a theme for our home and some will feel that it's so 'rojak'. Since we are not confined with a theme, it gives us the liberty to choose tiles, wall paints, home furnitures base on our likings and make selection of colours more easily.

Most of the colours in our unit is White, Ivory and some Black. Personally, I feel that some reds in the flat will make it less boring. Our home has nothing special but we love it because we get involved in choosing almost everything and we enjoy the renovation journey (this far) with some hiccups here and there.

I look forward to seeing more images of your place in your t-blog :-)

Hehe! we are red zone buddy :D oops, never consult any Feng Shui master...>.<

After going through almost 70% of the renovation journey...I think you are absolutely right...we confined ourselves to only 2 colors that buying furniture/furnishing/appliances etc can become pretty challenging.

Checking out and admiring your spacious pretty home! <3 how I wish I've got an EM too :)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Renovation is almost done. All carpentry works are up with some minor defects to be rectified. However, I'm still lagging in terms of blogging.

In the mean time....

Here are some purchases made in March (before renovation even started) from Gain City

1. Mitsubishi Heavy Industries System 4

20130403_171043_resized_zps84487cbf.jpg

2. Hitachi Refrigerator

R-Z481EMS_SLS_zps2736fa31.png

3. Electrolux Dryer

electrolux-washer-dryer-combo-eww1273-me

What's the difference between normal Mitsubishi system 4 vs heavy industry system 4?

It's cheaper and has more functions. But repairing it will cost more due to lack of parts as the two Mitsubishi belong to two different companies.

Thank for your compliment.

It has been over 4 months since we engaged our contractor - well, we have to give him the benefit of doubts as he only came into the picture after we have 'sacked' our 1st contractor who is rather incompetent in submitting clear drawing to relocate our staircase

Due to X'mas and CNY and my spouse traveling again, the renovation sort of put on hold and another few more weeks as there are some minor hiccups here and there. It is not smooth sailing but we are getting there.

If I have a chance to choose again and there is available EA in this vinicity, I will take an EA anytime because the cost on re-constructing the staircase ; depending on material one has chosen, is rather expensive.

Hope your renovation journey will be as hassle-free as possible :-)

Hehe! we are red zone buddy :D oops, never consult any Feng Shui master...>.<

After going through almost 70% of the renovation journey...I think you are absolutely right...we confined ourselves to only 2 colors that buying furniture/furnishing/appliances etc can become pretty challenging.

Checking out and admiring your spacious pretty home! <3 how I wish I've got an EM too :)

What's the difference between normal Mitsubishi system 4 vs heavy industry system 4?

Yes, MiracleSG is right. Though both carry Mitsubishi brands - they are made by 2 different companies. Mitsubishi Heavy Industries has better energy consumption (one of the best in sg market) than Mitsubishi. However, pricing wise - I didn't find that it's any cheaper than Mitsubishi System 4 (more or less comparable maybe $100-200 difference only). Mitsubishi Heavy Industries is also exclusive to Gain City.

Thank for your compliment.

It has been over 4 months since we engaged our contractor - well, we have to give him the benefit of doubts as he only came into the picture after we have 'sacked' our 1st contractor who is rather incompetent in submitting clear drawing to relocate our staircase

Due to X'mas and CNY and my spouse traveling again, the renovation sort of put on hold and another few more weeks as there are some minor hiccups here and there. It is not smooth sailing but we are getting there.

If I have a chance to choose again and there is available EA in this vinicity, I will take an EA anytime because the cost on re-constructing the staircase ; depending on material one has chosen, is rather expensive.

Hope your renovation journey will be as hassle-free as possible :-)

Oh, sorry to hear that there were hiccups in your renovation journey...all the best in the remaining portion. It'll be well worth it when you finally get to sit down and enjoy your beautiful cozy home! :D

Thank you! My contractor was reasonably good - hassle free and fast.