Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Hi there, anyone could guide me through for finding a prefect id or company for doing up my new place? If possible, recommend here cos I really newbie to these....
I'm typical Singaporean am looking for cheapest, world best Serivce!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

If you want cheapest, don't expect the quality to be good :P

Go for reasonable pricing, go visit the id and company.

Go with your feelings!

hi seigedan,

hi-5! im same as you. newbie to renovation, hence joined this forum to have more info on things to look out for as im looking into renovating my house.

have u approached any ids / contractors so far? if u dont mind, can share with me some of the better ones?

jz to share w u so far i have approached a few ids that forumers hav recommended. i personally find that Jason Lim from NID design studio is quite genuine and sincere in the way he serve customer and he give good suggestions too (very useful for newbie like me). if you are interested, i can share with you his contact.

Anyways, I have yet to finalize my ID. would like to collect a few more quotes before i decide as its quite a big investment to me..

I hope we can find a good ID / contractor to do up our home sweet home! :yamseng:

If you guys are keen, I can share mine too! :) I recently engaged one for my parents' new flat and it looks wonderful! ^_^ Not to mention that the quality for the carpentry works are fabulous! Hehe. Hubby and I have intention of using him again for our love nest once it's ready in 2015!

hi seigedan,

hi-5! im same as you. newbie to renovation, hence joined this forum to have more info on things to look out for as im looking into renovating my house.

have u approached any ids / contractors so far? if u dont mind, can share with me some of the better ones?

jz to share w u so far i have approached a few ids that forumers hav recommended. i personally find that Jason Lim from NID design studio is quite genuine and sincere in the way he serve customer and he give good suggestions too (very useful for newbie like me). if you are interested, i can share with you his contact.

Anyways, I have yet to finalize my ID. would like to collect a few more quotes before i decide as its quite a big investment to me..

I hope we can find a good ID / contractor to do up our home sweet home! :yamseng:

Good luck, I'm still sourcing for a good and honest ID that is affordable.

Done my renovation end of last year. I would say I am quite lucky that there was not much hiccups during my reno journey and that's due to my responsible ID. He really see through each and every reno process, be it tiling, carpentry, painting or any other works. I've actually received about 5 quotes and fortunately got to know of this ID thru a friend.

A few months after moving in, no problem in getting his response when you have some issues. And the most important thing is, what he quoted was what I paid. No hidden charges as long as no additional add-ons after signing the quotation. Everything specified before signing the quotation and I do not have to pay this or that to top-up and thus I can work out my sums within my budget. After reading the horror stories from this forum for so long (before and during my reno process), just wanna share my good experience with you all.

Hope you do find a good and reliable as well as honest ID/contractor and have a smooth reno journey! yamseng.gif

can check my thread in signature.

otherwise, just hope you can find a good reliable ID and all will fall into place.

can check my thread in signature.

otherwise, just hope you can find a good reliable ID and all will fall into place.

agreed! considering the amount that we are going to fork out, definitely have to find a good ID. but the million dollar question will always be: HOW?

Price vs Comfortable vs Reputable vs Reliable.... there are just too many things to consider!

after meeting w few IDs.. I started to get confused as well...

maybe shd just stick w women's six sense! hope i finalize my id and can start focusing renovating my place instead of endless searching for the 'best' ID!

The safest way is through friends' recommendation. From there, you can know its workmanship and attitude of the ID. But do bear in mind each ID may have different sets of workers for various job.

Otherwise, you have to do your homework by shortlisting and meeting each ID to have a feel and idea of cost and design.

If cost is your major concern, just make sure you stick to the amount and degree of renovation. as you go along, there are VO that may shoot up from your budget. Trust me, most of this VO will be too tempting to forgo.

Oh, don't forget to factor in cost for electrical, furniture, lightings, mover, sanitary wares, air-con, etc. They could adds up to quite a sum.

For me, i shortlisted 2 through recommendation and 1 from this forum. End up using the one through this forum. So far so good. 1/3 and still in progress.

I agree. Meetign and going through each ID can be a tiring event. You should briefly know what you want and which type of design you like. This you can refer magazines for ideas, take photos to show your ID.

Don't get despair otherwise you may end up with a wrong hand.

Some ID firm engage young and inexperience ID. They can draw you the most impressive sketches but when you ask them some details flow of works, they may fumble. That you need to be careful. many hiccup and screw-up are due to inexperience of these ID. This is also the reason why experience ID cost more and some time dont even have time for your project.

agreed! considering the amount that we are going to fork out, definitely have to find a good ID. but the million dollar question will always be: HOW?

Price vs Comfortable vs Reputable vs Reliable.... there are just too many things to consider!

after meeting w few IDs.. I started to get confused as well...

maybe shd just stick w women's six sense! hope i finalize my id and can start focusing renovating my place instead of endless searching for the 'best' ID!

Done my renovation end of last year. I would say I am quite lucky that there was not much hiccups during my reno journey and that's due to my responsible ID. He really see through each and every reno process, be it tiling, carpentry, painting or any other works. I've actually received about 5 quotes and fortunately got to know of this ID thru a friend.

A few months after moving in, no problem in getting his response when you have some issues. And the most important thing is, what he quoted was what I paid. No hidden charges as long as no additional add-ons after signing the quotation. Everything specified before signing the quotation and I do not have to pay this or that to top-up and thus I can work out my sums within my budget. After reading the horror stories from this forum for so long (before and during my reno process), just wanna share my good experience with you all.

Hope you do find a good and reliable as well as honest ID/contractor and have a smooth reno journey! yamseng.gif

Hi Renohome,

Can give me your ID contact and his company as i am looking for an ID to reno my house .

Thanks

Most of the impt points mentioned in this thread.

Referral, real feedback on renotalk with pics and own intuition r yr best bet

Hi Renohome,

Can give me your ID contact and his company as i am looking for an ID to reno my house .

Thanks

Hi viper75,

I've pmed you. Hope you have a smooth reno. yamseng.gif