Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
alfiee81

Decking Recommendations

Hi everyone,

Been doing a lot of research on decking as we need a fair amount 600 sqft of decking for our place.

Saw that chengal wood used nowadays is the young type and warps/discolours easily. So hence finally narrowed down the selection to

Accoya (Through evorich) and Strand woven bamboo (thru styleline). Was wondering if anyone has any experience with any of these 2 sorts

of wood decking.

Thanks!

• Like 1

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

There is a reason why suppliers gave treated wood a fancy brand name and never dare to reveal exactly what wood they are giving you. Many use very inexpensive wood, such as pine, treat them and then sell them as a product to all over the world. How well treated pine reacts to a tropical climate is a big big question mark.

I would suggest going got real wood that have been tried and tested for decades. Yes changal's quality is getting bad. Ironwood is another very durable option but expensive. Stained yellow balau can also be considered.

It will be great if you contact this guy Mr Ng at 93384114, he does timber renovation includes decking too. I believe he can give you a much recommendation since his a wood speciallist.

Cheers

I'm actually looking for decking vendors for my upcoming place - in total around 1000 sqf. Evorich quoted me about 23.50 psf for Accoya and Composite. Is this expensive? Other than Evorich, which are the reputable vendors in the market?

Btw I will never use someone who is using underhanded tactics to blatantly promote themselves. If you can use deceit to push business your way, chances are that you will resort to unethical ways to get the business.

It will be great if you contact this guy Mr Ng at 93384114, he does timber renovation includes decking too. I believe he can give you a much recommendation since his a wood speciallist.

Cheers

• Like 1

I'm actually looking for decking vendors for my upcoming place - in total around 1000 sqf. Evorich quoted me about 23.50 psf for Accoya and Composite. Is this expensive? Other than Evorich, which are the reputable vendors in the market?

Btw I will never use someone who is using underhanded tactics to blatantly promote themselves. If you can use deceit to push business your way, chances are that you will resort to unethical ways to get the business.

Please don't misunderstand. I have done my timber decking and flooring under his service and he produce good workmanship and customer service. Since i see people here need help and advice, why not recommend you to this guy? Am i wrong doing that?

Everyone's entitled to their own opinion.

I've stated my stand and no amount of spamming recommending your great experience using old threads will change it.

Please don't misunderstand. I have done my timber decking and flooring under his service and he produce good workmanship and customer service. Since i see people here need help and advice, why not recommend you to this guy? Am i wrong doing that?

This is a Discussion Section, not Soliciting Business section. Please get it right.

The "OLD" thread is about opinions of Company A and B. And you have nothing to contribute but bringing in Company C.

Best of all, spamming the forum. Even my own contractor help me saved $10k from my reno, I also don't promote his service openly.

• Like 1