Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
wabiam

Track Light For Living And Dining

Hi anyone here has use track lighting for your living and dining area. looking for comment and feedack, is it pratical and bright enough?

• Like 1

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi there, I am also considering to use track lights for the lghting in my house.

I hope there are forumers who can share their experience\pictures in regards to track lighting in homes.

• Like 1

I do not have any experience or feedback, but am also considering the same thing.

Just sharing what I have seen so far from pictures on Renotalk. There are dark spots in most parts of the room, when using track lights compared with using a regular ceiling light, where dark spots are usually at the corners. I guess it is due to the narrower beam spread, given they are meant to be spotlights after all.

I was thinking perhaps changing to cool white light for the track lights and adding more will help. Though that will increase the wattage and therefore, SP bills (?).

Hmm...guess have to give and take. Either live with more dark spots in a room or higher electricity bill or just compromise on design and use a regular ceiling light.

Hopefully someone, who has installed them, can give more practical feedback. :D

Here's a follow up:

I did put in track lights in the end, but I used tracklight holders and put in LED bulbs with wider beam spread, instead of using tracklights with build-in LEDs. Because of the wider beam spread, I did not have any dark spots in my living or dining rooms. The disadvantage is I have to change the bulbs more regularly than if I used those with build-in LEDs.

Hope this helps whoever is looking for the info.

any idea what does 三线轨道 means??

how many types of 线 are there? anyhow buy a 1.5m track can or not? are there such things as industrial or home use?

I use track lights for my living and bedroom. There are many different types. The lighting guy from the shop can recommend how many you need and which are the wider beam ones.

I find the track lights looks good but tend to heat up the room. Also consumes electricity.

I never go for white light in any part of the house except kitchen. Warm white gives a cosy ambience. White light is too harsh.

Agree with you actually My SIL bought white LED and they are extremely glaring, maybe too high watts ? I'm not sure... But they are are so white and glaring they looked abit blue already!!!

She ended up not using them and only used her warm cove lights.

Hi all,

I'm deciding whether to install track lights too. Are track lights more prone to spoil? Cos that's what I heard. Not sure if it's true.

Also are the LED track lights hot? Scared wait got burn marks on the ceiling

I have 1 spare lighting point in the living and dining area (the other 2 are used for fan/lights). My living/dining area is approx 6.5m x 4m.

Can I run track lighting with LED lights all around the living and dining area? It will be like 20 meters and possibly need like 10-15 lights.

Alternatively I may just go for a false L shape ceiling and put down lights around the edge of the living and dining area.

Thanks

It depends upon your living room dimension also. Someone told me that track light is used for accent lighting not general lighting. If you are using track light in your living room then I will suggest you to go with plainer white.

my stupid contractor suggest to use alot of track lights and now im regretting. its either too dark or too glaring when we look at them. Anyone got any ideas if we can us a hanging lamp version converted from track lights?

Some kind soul PM me this link. looks like a good way to rectify those space with too glaring problem. Will be heading there this weekend and will update with you guys if i can us a brighter bulb and a lamp shade.

11059740_899279443442489_761955170727724

Yes! its works! gotta shift the spot light away. only applied this at dining table but have to rotate the table to put this directly in the middle of the table.
got his lampshade from IKEA and its on sale with comes with bulb! paid $15 for this and $25 from Likelights.

11403019_918285581541875_433215171823445

track lights - depending on wattage you buy, it will have different intensities. i find that for lighting in the house, 7 Watt is suitable. anything above that might be too bright. In the end it is down to your preference.