Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
vkrizee

Which Would You Suggest I Take For My Kitchen Reno?

Hi people, I am new here. I had recently bought a 5-rm bto from sales of balanced flat. My husband and i are looking to do our floor tiling and kitchen first, then slowly the rest of the house in phases due to financial constrains. The 1st contractor we meet quoted us $12670 only for tiles(for the whole house including rooms and kitchen) and kitchen cabinet(10ft top only), aluminium sliding door, hob/stove area concrete with tiles support(the super old fashioned one!) but after some bargaining it was brought down to $11k. Then I suggested to look for another option and through a very close contact i found someone who can do my kitchen with full 20Ft plus cabinet and a Corian solid surface top all for $11500 (the price was given due to my close contact). But my husband has no confident in solid surface top!! If you were in this situation which one wld you go for?

Edited by vkrizee

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

The 2nd option, $11500.

• Cheaper.
  • From a close contact.

If your hubby has no confident in solid surface top, maybe can ask if the material can be changed to his preference?

Most renovation work should be highly customizable. ^_^

Thanks for the suggestion!

The 2nd option, $11500.

• Cheaper.
  • From a close contact.

If your hubby has no confident in solid surface top, maybe can ask if the material can be changed to his preference?

Most renovation work should be highly customizable. ^_^

Hi people, I am new here. I had recently bought a 5-rm bto from sales of balanced flat. My husband and i are looking to do our floor tiling and kitchen first, then slowly the rest of the house in phases due to financial constrains. The 1st contractor we meet quoted us $12670 only for tiles(for the whole house including rooms and kitchen) and kitchen cabinet(10ft top only), aluminium sliding door, hob/stove area concrete with tiles support(the super old fashioned one!) but after some bargaining it was brought down to $11k. Then I suggested to look for another option and through a very close contact i found someone who can do my kitchen with full 20Ft plus cabinet and a Corian solid surface top all for $11500 (the price was given due to my close contact). But my husband has no confident in solid surface top!! If you were in this situation which one wld you go for?

Dont mind asking which contractor or ID ure liaising with? coz I'm looking for one as well. Im looking at 3 IDs at the moment but I believe IDs are pretty competitive in terms of prices maybe they're "branded" than contractors...hahha :yamseng:

• Like 1

One of the places is E-lite Reno. The other one from my close contact is someone who usually does big projects and not hdb.

Dont mind asking which contractor or ID ure liaising with? coz I'm looking for one as well. Im looking at 3 IDs at the moment but I believe IDs are pretty competitive in terms of prices maybe they're "branded" than contractors...hahha :yamseng:

One of the places is E-lite Reno. The other one from my close contact is someone who usually does big projects and not hdb. but if you want you can PM me...i can get you the company's contact.

Edited by vkrizee

One of the places is E-lite Reno. The other one from my close contact is someone who usually does big projects and not hdb.

So which one did u engage? Complete? can I have the contact for the coy who does big project? TIA!

Edited by ATH

Well hope your house looks good on soild arcylic.......I just sign a $13888 package for My 4rm Kitchen and 2 Bathroom....hahahaha actual is a $14888 package but i remove the hoob and hob freebies and reduce it another $412.....and...and....opt for Granite worktop....they keep saying my 4rm A very big and huge and old 30years old.....sigh!

They started work already last week...very fast...by this week friday going to finish tiling works...they say carpentery work end next week complete and hand over to me....waiting only 1 more week....my dream budget old....errr...NEW HOUSE!

Btw....i am keeping my fingers crossed as they are contractors(formerly from some XYZ design firm), but from my obsevration these two days, 4 ah beng working on wall and floor together...very efficient...so far i see the wall very nice. Also i went to the carpentery workshop....it seems like they 90% completed my kitchen waiting to deliver!....not bad as they promised 2.5wk complete....

At the end of it... We didnt take both contractors from our close contacts as we didnt want misunderstanding or probs (as things got blown out of proportions from his side!!) :( so we both ended up going to -. I will private you the company name of the big project one...

So which one did u engage? Complete? can I have the contact for the coy who does big project? TIA!

WAH!!!! thats fast!!!

Mine will be over by 1st week of may... the flooring and all is done...now is just the kitchen cabinets...but my kitchen is freaking small!!(seriously stupid design!!i cant believe hdb assumes young ppl dont cook anymore!!!) I am using solid surface so it will take time to get it delivered to my place...but should be ready soon!! kinda excited... on a whole i paid $11,800 for my 5 rm reno...i dont need to do bathrooms coz it has already been done for us...n kitchen wall tiles already done... so its just flooring n cabinets(kitchen).

so yours is a resale flat? big kitchens are nice!!!! can do wet & dry area!!!! my dream! :(

Well hope your house looks good on soild arcylic.......I just sign a $13888 package for My 4rm Kitchen and 2 Bathroom....hahahaha actual is a $14888 package but i remove the hoob and hob freebies and reduce it another $412.....and...and....opt for Granite worktop....they keep saying my 4rm A very big and huge and old 30years old.....sigh!

They started work already last week...very fast...by this week friday going to finish tiling works...they say carpentery work end next week complete and hand over to me....waiting only 1 more week....my dream budget old....errr...NEW HOUSE!

Btw....i am keeping my fingers crossed as they are contractors(formerly from some XYZ design firm), but from my obsevration these two days, 4 ah beng working on wall and floor together...very efficient...so far i see the wall very nice. Also i went to the carpentery workshop....it seems like they 90% completed my kitchen waiting to deliver!....not bad as they promised 2.5wk complete....

At the end of it... We didnt take both contractors from our close contacts as we didnt want misunderstanding or probs (as things got blown out of proportions from his side!!) :( so we both ended up going to -. I will private you the company name of the big project one...

Have u decided the contractor yet? I am about to engage renzz interior - Gilbert n James, anyone use their service n any comment? Pls pm me at melissateoh36@hotmail.com

Have u decided the contractor yet? I am about to engage renzz interior - Gilbert n James, anyone use their service n any comment? Pls pm me at melissateoh36@hotmail.com

Edited by vkrizee