Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sunkurt

Can I Request The Seller Do Touch Ups Before 2Nd Appt?

Hi, guys,

I'm buying a resale hdb flat. Going for 2nd appointment this coming Thursday.

As I arranged for an inspection last weekend, the flat was vacant and I asked for access to the flat to do some painting before we move in. (The house reno is move in condition and our current lease finishes by end of the week too, so just nice)

Then when I invited a painting professional for inspection and quotation. She pointed out that part of the ceiling in thr kitchen got cracks and need repair. It is caused by the seller diy work, too heavy so it may cause a big hole on the ceiling. And the repair cost at least $200.

I just wonder since it's before 2nd appointment, is it fair or anything to request the seller to do the touch ups or simply pay for the repair?

Please give advice if you have similar experience. Thanks!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I have no such experience but guess u gotta ask urself this. If u r seller, would u?

I guessed not rite.. so just pay n get it done lor..

BTW congrats on ur new home :)

Yes, that's the thing I'm here to ask. As you can see I'm a totally newbie here. Virgin post as it is. Lol

But then what are the inspection before 2nd appt do? Mainly to inspect for any illegal renovation only?

Emm.

Kitchen ceiling has a crack, when the HDB officer come down for inspection. Did he raise it as an issue?<br><br>If no.. then not seller issue<br><br>Resale HDB is buy as PER is it.<br><br>You don't expect a move in condition or mint condition.<br>OR error free condition.<br>