Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Lifecreator

Any Local Contractor Experience In Fiber Optic Star Ceilings

Hi All,

Need your advice and recommendations.

I am planning to install Fiber Optic in my rooms to create the star ceiling feel (

).

I would appreciate if anyone can provide contact information of local contractor who experience in installing fiber optic ceiling. Alternatively, is anyone knows where can I find PMMA Fiber Optic and LED illuminator/Metal Halide Illuminator in Singapore? I have been searching at SL Square & Tower seem no one is supplying Fiber Optic product except for Fiber Optic broadband cable.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

SC

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hello SC,

Sorry for late reply. My friend was quite busy to entertain my request, probably because he knows my BTO is still not ready :bangwall:

His company does not do optic fiber for now, but he can help me ask around his friends in this line.

Would you let me know below info :

1. How many meters

2. any pictures to show as sample?

3. Colour

4. Lead time

Do let me know so that I can update later.

Been busy with checking on FS issues now.

:) LP

Hi potatoeschips,

Ok, thanks for your help.

Regards

SC

I know someone who do fiber optics lighting for residential. Pricing is reasonable from what i hear from my sister. PM me if u need the contacts then i get from my sis.

I know someone who do fiber optics lighting for residential. Pricing is reasonable from what i hear from my sister. PM me if u need the contacts then i get from my sis.

Edited by ATH

You can look for illumiz. They did mine for $1888 excluding false ceiling. Its the cheapest i can get. A guy named Ken do it for me. PM me for contacts.

So they need to do a false ceiling to do the lighting?

Can I know $1,888 is for the whole room

or even living room also this price?

The ceiling they will use what kind of materials to make?

Will make the room v dark if no lights on?

Any photographs to show? Hee thanks if u able to provide

My long list of qns. Like e ideas of having sth special :)

Ya.. They need a false ceiling to do it.

1888 is for the whole room excluding the false ceiling. Actually, you can use it anywhere. Think it can be used for living room as well as i recall them saying that anywhere. The diameter is about 5 meters i think.

False ceiling is by my ID. Its gypsum board. The normal ceiling materials.

Not too sure as i have my downlights with the fiber optics. It is more for a mood kind of effect.

Not sure how to post pictures here. Still learning. If you can give me your email i can send it to you...

Thanks Yaba for your ans. I believe it is very nice when the lights are off and the stars effect out. My concern is how the ceiling will look like without the lights on. My email is misaki11@gmail.com :lol:

Ya.. They need a false ceiling to do it.

1888 is for the whole room excluding the false ceiling. Actually, you can use it anywhere. Think it can be used for living room as well as i recall them saying that anywhere. The diameter is about 5 meters i think.

False ceiling is by my ID. Its gypsum board. The normal ceiling materials.

Not too sure as i have my downlights with the fiber optics. It is more for a mood kind of effect.

Not sure how to post pictures here. Still learning. If you can give me your email i can send it to you...

if you use white color paint for your ceiling then it is not very obvious. i will send you some pictures. overall, i think it is worth it as my wife and son loves it... Hahaha...

Thanks Yaba i received your email with pics. seems that u installed it along the walk way outside the room.

Great idea! like walking through 星光大道 haha!

hmmm shall decide whether to install in bed room or same as u :notti:

Many thanks for sharing!!

You are most welcome. I was thinking of lighting up the walkway as i want a energy saving night light for my son when he goes to the toilet at night and i do not want to on my downlight the whole night.

My friend install in his bedroom. Looks very nice too. He only put in sparsely and sad to say, the effect looks better than mine. Hahaha...