Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

I have been meeting up a couple of IDs and will be picking one of them out of the lot. However, I am a little uncomfortable how to reject them because I have met them up about 3-4 times for new quotations going through materials and also viewing their existing / completed projects.

How do you all drop the bomb and say bye to them despite the time spent going through the quotations and site visits? :dunno:

Thanks for any inputs. :yamseng:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Point them to this post? :sport-smiley-004:

Which is why I am still hestitant in meeting up with IDs..... but then how will I ever get a correct quote? :wacko:

I just say, Thank you for the time and effort you've put in, but I've decided to go with someone else. Short and sweet. Most will make a polite reply. The rudest answer i got was no reply. haha..

At the end of the message can say that you'll not hesitate to refer them to your friends if needed lor. Like that they also feel better ;p

I feel most are generally used to it cos I'm sure they would have encountered other similar situations too. Just quickly make up your mind and politely say sayonara to the other IDs lor

i smsed my unsuccessful ids/contractors ... and yes, only one acknowledged.

but one id who called me till the last minute ... no, last second, and even after i signed the another contract, managed to take it quite gently. I would have chosen him, if he weren't the last shortlisted ID.

Most of my unsuccessful IDs accepted it gently except for one who replied "Maybe it's better that way. So we won't waste each other's time". :rolleyes:

I have been meeting up a couple of IDs and will be picking one of them out of the lot. However, I am a little uncomfortable how to reject them because I have met them up about 3-4 times for new quotations going through materials and also viewing their existing / completed projects.

How do you all drop the bomb and say bye to them despite the time spent going through the quotations and site visits? :dunno:

Thanks for any inputs. :yamseng:

Hmmm.. Interesting topic for discussion.

Well, for me, I'm pretty straightforward and have thick bulletproof skin.

For the IDs who I have rejected, I will simply call or SMS them to thank them for their services and inform them that I have decided to sign the contract with another ID. Those who are "gentleman/gentleladies" will normally say "It's okay, thank you too. I wish you all the best in your renovation". For those who are a little thick-skin (just like me :P ), they will pursue on and keep asking questions like "Why didn't you select me?! Was it because of the quote?! I can revise and send it to you again! There's room for negotiation etc etc etc." To handle these persistent IDs, I will just reply, via phonecalls or SMS, that I had just signed the contract last night.

If you had seen my T-blog, there's one super super super persistent female ID who keep sending me revised quote after quote, even after I told her about my decision to sign with another ID because her quote is no way close to my budget. What I did is I gave her a call and tell her don't bother to waste each other's time because there's no chance I'm signing the contract with her (sounds like some break-up scene in dramas, hahaha... :lol: )

Try practising a few times before you SMS or call the ID. You can do it buddy! :good:

Edited by Bengologist

Dear AAA,

It is with much regret to inform that we are unable to award the renovation contract to your company.

I take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to survey the flat and prepare the quotation. We admire your dedication and professionalism.

I will and have recommend(ed) your service to other potential home owners looking for reno. I wish you and your business well.

Regards,

Spencer

Some will call you and you just tell them that you have signed up with an ID or contractor. Some never call so you don't ever have to worry about those.

But it is common for them to win 1 in every x number of quotes. So, failure is an option for them. Don't worry about having to say NO.

cheers