Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
wisann

Our Home Gallery

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hahaha.. Yaa.. My wife and I are seriously addicted with Amazon shopping lol. It's really really cheap compared to Singapore prices.

Quite drastic changes hoh. Well, credit to my wife, really. She's the one planning all that. I am only in charge of the loose items e.g. mattress, TV, dining set, etc :P

How do you know I got MyRepublic Pure HD? Hahaha.. Their service is amazing la. I've been a user of Singtel and Starhub previously, none can be compared to MyRepublic. BTW, I forgot to test the range of my router, hopefully in my master bedroom still can get good signal.

On a side note, your blog is poisoning as well, saw you posted the Cuisinart blender. I almost pulled the trigger at Amazon, which is selling at USD 100++ nia.. You might want to check it out ;)

Yah la.. now im poisoned also.. spent the whole afternoon selecting the OXO series for kitchen whats it and kicnacks. Yah saw but thinking of the voltage problem and having to get a transformer for such a thing is abit troublesome. :no:

Spent the whole afternoon looking at global knifes on amazon.. then realised.. actually locally also selling only at extra 10-15 bucks.. so might be thinking of getting locally instead. Should look at the cleaver and the asian knife.. u will gian also. :notti:

Aiya see the router should be myrepublic..cause im lookin at it also haha. so all the models i recognised. In fact i just signed up this evening assuming the paperwork gets thru proper..as the girl at the iknow counter inside popular doesn't seem to know exactly what to do..

im thinking of getting the cuisineart blender later on as now cash is tight with my wedding coming this friday! Alot of buying put on hold! ..

Can only add to cart and wait..

Let me guess u are a photographer right. is your wife a designer?

True that the transformer is rather troublesome, some more the thing is not tiny.

Err, I stopped looking at amazon liao, at least for now. Bought too many things already hahaha.. I think online shopping is really addictive leh. And sometimes you lose control because it is easy to just add to the cart and press checkout lol.

Oh, you are getting MyRepublic also, hm, hope it's not too late, you might want to check this out:

http://love.myrepublic.com.sg/refer-a-friend

You can use my ID as referral, we both can benefit from this program ;)

My ID is C1009543

Congrats on your wedding btw :) Where will you go for honeymoon?

Yupe, I am a wedding photographer (on the weekend), and works in investment institution during the weekdays. My wife works in a construction company, they build those landed properties e.g. bungalow, etc. Hence she knows a lot about renovation stuff :D

Hi wisann, love the cosy feel. May I know what brand/model your ceiling fans are?

Thanks!

Hi HL85. the brand of the ceiling fan is Ancom

I've been asking this question around, yet still can't get a good answer, let's try my luck in this forum hahaha..

I need a recommendation for home theater system in my house. I've done my audition and thinking to settle with below setup:

- DefTech Pro 800 5.1
- Velodyne SPL 800i
- Denon AVR X1000
- Pro-Mount 80 brackets
- Front L/C/R - audioquest G2 cable
- Balden Subwoofer cable
- Rear - 16AWG speaker cables
- Sanus HDMI 1.4
- inclusive of installation and configuring
I was quoted SGD 3,060 for all above. Do you think what I was quoted is good price? Is there any suggestion to make it better or cheaper? LOL.
And btw, below is my floor plan and where I plan to put the home theater system. The front 3 will be on my tv console and the rear two will be wall mounted.

floor_plan2.jpg

True that the transformer is rather troublesome, some more the thing is not tiny.

Err, I stopped looking at amazon liao, at least for now. Bought too many things already hahaha.. I think online shopping is really addictive leh. And sometimes you lose control because it is easy to just add to the cart and press checkout lol.

Oh, you are getting MyRepublic also, hm, hope it's not too late, you might want to check this out:

http://love.myrepublic.com.sg/refer-a-friend

You can use my ID as referral, we both can benefit from this program ;)

My ID is C1009543

Congrats on your wedding btw :) Where will you go for honeymoon?

Yupe, I am a wedding photographer (on the weekend), and works in investment institution during the weekdays. My wife works in a construction company, they build those landed properties e.g. bungalow, etc. Hence she knows a lot about renovation stuff :D

too late liao la bro. paisheh.

sad story bout open net, i saw the open net box in my new house for the longest time and assumed its already done up, but apparently its not!!!!! now i gotta wait for them then myrepublic ... sigh. gotta live on mobile data for 1-2 weeks..

too late liao la bro. paisheh.

sad story bout open net, i saw the open net box in my new house for the longest time and assumed its already done up, but apparently its not!!!!! now i gotta wait for them then myrepublic ... sigh. gotta live on mobile data for 1-2 weeks..

Do you call opennet directly to setup TP at your place or via myrepublic?

I would suggest you apply via myrepublic through this package:

https://secure.myrepublic.com.sg/promotions/index.php#promo4

Telco usually has more slots for TP installation and they can get you slot much earlier.

Last time I tried to apply by myself, opennet told me need 1 month to get a slot. When I applied through MyRepublic, I got the slot in the matter of day.

I've been asking this question around, yet still can't get a good answer, let's try my luck in this forum hahaha..

I need a recommendation for home theater system in my house. I've done my audition and thinking to settle with below setup:

- DefTech Pro 800 5.1

- Velodyne SPL 800i

- Denon AVR X1000

- Pro-Mount 80 brackets

- Front L/C/R - audioquest G2 cable

- Balden Subwoofer cable

- Rear - 16AWG speaker cables

- Sanus HDMI 1.4

- inclusive of installation and configuring

I was quoted SGD 3,060 for all above. Do you think what I was quoted is good price? Is there any suggestion to make it better or cheaper? LOL.

And btw, below is my floor plan and where I plan to put the home theater system. The front 3 will be on my tv console and the rear two will be wall mounted.

floor_plan2.jpg

Hi

SAw ur post in extremeplace. I hv auditioned e above setup u mentioned. However I m not sure wat cable they r using. U may look for my post in extremeplace regarding my audition on several setup. I m not sure wat is ur expectation from a setup. To me def tech speaker cannot bring out the atmosphere.

U may go to basement SH to listen to ecler audeo 103 with pioneer vsx 923k. I can say this setup beat the def tech setup. This setup is roughly abt 2.6k not inclusive of cables n accessories. However installation and setup is included. U will definitely be amazed by the sound n power fr this small speakers. Refer to my post in tat forum => http://www.xtremeplace.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=138350.0

Pls tk note tat tat is just my own preference of sound as it may not suit ur taste. Just for ur reference onli.

I am also looking for a ht setup after my reno complete.

GOod luck and enjoy ur ht setup.

Hi

SAw ur post in extremeplace. I hv auditioned e above setup u mentioned. However I m not sure wat cable they r using. U may look for my post in extremeplace regarding my audition on several setup. I m not sure wat is ur expectation from a setup. To me def tech speaker cannot bring out the atmosphere.

U may go to basement SH to listen to ecler audeo 103 with pioneer vsx 923k. I can say this setup beat the def tech setup. This setup is roughly abt 2.6k not inclusive of cables n accessories. However installation and setup is included. U will definitely be amazed by the sound n power fr this small speakers. Refer to my post in tat forum => http://www.xtremeplace.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=138350.0

Pls tk note tat tat is just my own preference of sound as it may not suit ur taste. Just for ur reference onli.

I am also looking for a ht setup after my reno complete.

GOod luck and enjoy ur ht setup.

Thanks maxngck,

I will try to go for audition again later this month. To be honest, I am quite a novice in home theater system, hence deftech to me sounds very good already haha.

But definitely will try to audition more later this month :)

Yesterday, we finally moved in to our new place :)

I think we did one major mistake during our renovation, that is to choose black tile for our living room + kitchen and our bathrooms. They are really prone to dirt. A little speck of dust and you will see it -.-"

And worse, in the bathroom, if it is wet and got dust, it will leave stain until you brush it -.-"

Such a pain!! Anyone here have this problem? haha.. Probably can share with me :P

Ha ha. I had audition the Pro 800s and I settled with def tech BP7006 speakers and CLR2400 (I think, it's the same range but centre speaker) and 2 pro800 as surround speakers instead...