Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
bkok

Hdb Recess

Dear all,

I just bought a HDB 4 room flat and going to HDB for the 1st appointment. As my flat is a corner unit, i am interested in buying the recess. I have seen lot of corner units bought the recess. Is it easy to buy a recess from HDB? Shall i wait until i get the key or submitted together during my 1st appointment? How can i increase my chances of getting approval from HDB?

Any assistance will be appreciated.

thanks

BK

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Dear all,

I just bought a HDB 4 room flat and going to HDB for the 1st appointment. As my flat is a corner unit, i am interested in buying the recess. I have seen lot of corner units bought the recess. Is it easy to buy a recess from HDB? Shall i wait until i get the key or submitted together during my 1st appointment? How can i increase my chances of getting approval from HDB?

thanks

BK

Hi BK, is yours a new flat or resale? Coz what I know, recess area buying option only applies to those older hdb flats.

Hi BK, is yours a new flat or resale? Coz what I know, recess area buying option only applies to those older hdb flats.

mine is a resale flat.

Dear all,

thanks

BK

U should apply send ur request to hdb quickly bcos they take a long time to process ur request. After which they will send someone to survey ur place.

Thanks for the note. I will inform. Btw, saw your blog on the renovation u did for your house. Nice! We stay around the vinicity!

My flat is at serangoon central. smile.gif

I believe u pay more for it but It's so convenient to be near the mrt station n NEX :)

Good choice!

I hope for your sake that I am wrong, but from what I know, HDB has stopped selling recess areas to owners of corner units.

I guess it depends and it is case by case..... if the electrical n water meters r in recess area, then it is likely hdb will not sell.

hi all,

we have gotten in-principle approval to purchase the recess area. Does anyone has any recommendation for licensed plumber to relocate the meters outside our house?